Tis the Season - A Christmas challege

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

you lost me on this one SRU. Happy Hanukkah is the proper term for the Jewish celabration.
Probably if you lived in an area that had a more mixed % of religions there might be more Happy Holidays.

Red

DL

SRU said:
red said:
you lost me on this one SRU. Happy Hanukkah is the proper term for the Jewish celabration.
Probably if you lived in an area that had a more mixed % of religions there might be more Happy Holidays.

Red

my point is that some jews find the term "CHRISTmas" to be unpleasent.

some people actually find this whole thread unpleasant
with all the behavior police and the topic police and the thought police it feels a little like being in Russia surrounded by the Red Army JMO

red

DL, no one has suggested that you can't express your own thoughts. All Cowz did was request that for a while the topics be a little lighter & less directed at certain people. It was a simple request that certainly dosen't have to be followed.
You have always freely given your opinions & been allowed to do so. As far as I can tell no one has stopped you. I will continue my practice of not pulling or modifying posts unless they are obscene or slanderously directed at someone in an attempt to harm them.
Please contact me directly if you feel that you have been restricted. Just remember that everyone is entitled to their opinions even if we don't all agree.

Red

Show Heifer

SRU: I am a Christian (although am not a huge church goer). I make no apologies for saying Merry Christmas, just as I would expect my Jewish friends to make no apologies when they wish me Happy Hanakauh.  I would not be offended and wish for them to change their religious greeting, as I would hope they would be tolerant enough to let me wish them Merry Christmas.

This country has become too politically correct in my opinion.  Just like Ace hardware:  "helpful hardware man" has been changed to "helpful hardware person". God, give me a break.

CAB

Cows, I had to back & dig this up. I'm sorry. I think, (know), that I 'm in a cantankerous mood this morning. After thinking about my mood & posts this morning I had to laugh @ myself and thought that I should take all of my Karma points away sooner than later is probably best.

cowz

YIKES!   Point taken.   PLease, please, do not sing kumbayah.  Sorry for being Mary Sunshine.  Yes, the nerve of some of us to actually want to discuss show cattle on a show cattle site.      Yes,  a bolt of lightning shall strike us and all of our genetically inferior cattle down and reduced to doggie treats.  Only murray grey and gurnsey cows will remain.  Sigh!  (In my book, you dont lose karma for being cranky, only for picking on others.)

aj

Cowz....keep up the good work. Someone needs to start a discussion board for ole burnt out wanna be's like me. Maybe I will call it crankypracticalcattle.com. You have to be 40 and afflicted with constant heartburn in order to register. Even it would be better than the old comatose board I used to participate on. At the least us old people can be made fun of as we make fools of ourselves. Merry Christmas to all. (welcome)

cowz

Good Ideas, aj!

Shall all of us over 40 and prone to crankiness all gather to meditate (HAHHHHHMMM) and solve all the world's cattle issues.?????  Who's making the coffee.  Make mine strong and BLACK! 

Take Care!  Merry Christmas!  cowz  aka  "old mary sunshine"

red

Wow AJ, sign me up! Of course I don't need a new board to make fun of myself! Also just put the coffee in via an IV! Maybe even some of that naughty coffee!

Red