Took another Picture of my Brother's Heifer: Opinions Please!

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

I snapped the picture yesterday in a hurry because I had a cow with the waterbag out due to HW.

Clipped a little more and snapped another picture.  Let me know what you think.  Again the heifer is Freedom Son(Freds Action) X Sim/Angus.

RSC

Attachments

• Snickers 2 B Small.jpg
    Snickers 2 B Small.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 794

CPL

I think she's a really nice heifer. I'd like to see her a tick more feminine and cleaner of her shoulders, but's she's plenty thick and uniform throughout, has a good amount of length and has a well muscled rear. How thick is she over her top? Nice heifer, I think anyone would be proud of her!  (clapping)

RSC

CPL said:
I think she's a really nice heifer. I'd like to see her a tick more feminine and cleaner of her shoulders, but's she's plenty thick and uniform throughout, has a good amount of length and has a well muscled rear. How thick is she over her top? Nice heifer, I think anyone would be proud of her!  (clapping)
I think a pro. clipjob would help the shoulders.  I can clip em pretty good but not like the big boys.  She Has a good top and pleanty of muscle.  We have been pretty excited about her since she was young.  You don't expect a calf like this out of a calving ease Angut bull and a 1st calf heifer.  Her dam is a beautiful very moderate blazeface halfblood simi.  The Grand dam is a very common old com. Angus cow.

RSC

Telos

RSC, she is a GROUND SOW and one you should be excited about IMO. What did she weigh at birth?

RSC

Telos said:
RSC, she is a GROUND SOW and one you should be excited about IMO. What did she weigh at birth?
She weighed around 70 I believe, I would have to check.  All the Actions have been been small at birth.

RSC

JoeBnTN

Super hip and rear leg.  Looks really loose and soft.  My only concern would be her front end - she might be a touch straight in her shoulder and a little short necked, but that's being picky.  She sure looks better than the VAST majority of the cattle out that I see.  She's a keeper!

Bawndoh

I think a pro. clipjob would help the shoulders

You are right...they would "help" the apperance, but they will never make the fact that she is bold shouldered go away. 
BTW that would be my only "complaint" about her as well.  At least you can be confident that she will carry that width of base onto her calves.
Good Looking broody female.

RSC

cattlejunky said:
I like her RSC.  Will she show as a %simmy or a simmy?  I'd get her out and see how she does.
Probably just a commercial.  With some homework maybe a low % Simi.  We need to get her out.

RSC

RSC

I shared this thread last year to show you my Nieces heifer.  She just calved today so I thought I'd share some pictures.  A nice bull calf by Star Power.

Tony

Attachments

• A Snickers little star 1.jpg
    A Snickers little star 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 408
  • A Snickers little star 2.jpg
    A Snickers little star 2.jpg
    968.9 KB · Views: 386

justintime

She is a very good heifer. As Joe said, her shoulder is maybe a bit of a concern in the show ring, but I don't think it is ever going be a concern as a brood cow. She is the kind that when she gets to be 4 or 5 years old, you will wish you had 50 more like her. As for the little gut just born... he is prettier than a pinto pony!

CAB

Next year's Classic Tony. Nice calf. Do you have very many Star Power's coming this spring? Brent

farwest

Tell your brother i like the pics he snapped, tony.  Also did he have time to iodine the navel.  I really like the blaze marking.  Better let you go, i'm sure you are hectic as heck in the middle of calving.  ps. he may have a front end issue but will probably straighten up as he drys off.

RSC

farwest said:
Tell your brother i like the pics he snapped, tony.  Also did he have time to iodine the navel.  I really like the blaze marking.  Better let you go, i'm sure you are hectic as heck in the middle of calving.  ps. he may have a front end issue but will probably straighten up as he drys off.
I don't even know if he knows I snapped a picture, His daughter does.  Theres always extra excitement at calving when it's out of a show heifer!  What's everyone hear for BW's out of Star Power?  This one was unassisted, didn't weigh him yet but probably right around 80.

Tony