totally off cattle- diapers

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Ok, this is a weird thread. I have to go to a baby shower Sunday. They want a package of diapers brought. Now, I haven't bought diapers in over 25 years. They've changed dramatically. Frosty was absolutely no help. I know some of you have new babies, any suggestion on the best brand? Mom to be wasn't any help!

Poor girl helped her hubby ( nephew) deliever a breech birth. Needless to say she wants to make sure she gets to hospital on time!!!  :eek:  (lol)

Red

RSC

red said:
Ok, this is a weird thread. I have to go to a baby shower Sunday. They want a package of diapers brought. Now, I haven't bought diapers in over 25 years. They've changed dramatically. Frosty was absolutely no help. I know some of you have new babies, any suggestion on the best brand? Mom to be wasn't any help!

Poor girl helped her hubby ( nephew) deliever a breech birth. Needless to say she wants to make sure she gets to hospital on time!!!  :eek:  (lol)

Red
Not sure I can help you on NewBorns Cathy.  My boy's liked the Huggies Pull-Ups with Lightning Mc Queen on the front.  8)

RSC

Jill

Stick with either Pampers or Huggies, there are cheaper brands, but they are cheaper for a reason.

red

Jill said:
Stick with either Pampers or Huggies, there are cheaper brands, but they are cheaper for a reason.

Actually I think I used huggies. Does anyone use cloth diapers anymore?
I know, this might be the weidest topic ever!

Red  (welcome)

inthebarnagain

I found that Pampers worked best for boy babies and Huggies for the girl babies.  I agree with the last post, the cheap ones are cheap for a reason!  And don't buy the smallest ones, seems like everyone does that and suddenly the baby is too big for them and there aren't any bigger ones in the house. 

Jenny

We are a foster home for the Department of Social Services  and take mostly all babies....we have 3 grown children and now are raising four adopted kids and presenstly have two foster kids in diapers!  I have had a bit of diaper experience!
I have tried them all; you are right; don't bother with the cheap store brands.  I think they turn out to be more expensive in the long run because you need about 3 to one of the major brands of Pampers, Huggies or Luvs. 
I use almost only Luvs.  They are usually cheaper than the others even when the Huggies and Pampers are on sale and the Luvs are regular price.  I think that Luvs are  equal in quality to the other two brands.  You need to watch the number of diapers in a a package when you are shopping along with the price; some brands look like the package is the same size as another brand, but there are fewer diapers for maybe the same price. 

Jill

red said:
Jill said:

Actually I think I used huggies. Does anyone use cloth diapers anymore?
I know, this might be the weidest topic ever!

Red  (welcome)

Sure, cloth diapers make great burp rags!

knabe

pool resources with others at the baby shower and get a cloth contract.  for these types of  functions, (the shower, not the pooping), get something they wouldn't think of during their panic stage that saves time.  get them a disposable changing table rather than letting them waste their money on a modern heirloom thing at the baby store for rich people.  they will grow out of the table fast.  get them one of those cows in your garden.  cut out a steer on the jigsaw, paint it black, name it pendleton, teach them line breeding before they get scared of it in college.

red

knabe said:
pool resources with others at the baby shower and get a cloth contract.  for these types of  functions, (the shower, not the pooping), get something they wouldn't think of during their panic stage that saves time.  get them a disposable changing table rather than letting them waste their money on a modern heirloom thing at the baby store for rich people.  they will grow out of the table fast.  get them one of those cows in your garden.  cut out a steer on the jigsaw, paint it black, name it pendleton, teach them line breeding before they get scared of it in college.

It's a diaper raffle. To bring any kind or size. I did get her something w/ a cow on it. Gidget made me a oneies w/ a steer outlines bling!
Both showed & he manages the farm's cattle & she is great at helping him out. Baby due the middle of July. Luckily I'll be back from MO by then.

Red

P-F

I loved Pampers swaddlers they have a little u shapped cut out for the umbilical cord and they are real soft.  I know that at sams club you can buy a box that has both size 1 and 2
I know they have a N size for newborns but I would go with the size 1, they will fit most newborns!
Have fun this weekend :p

Kupfarm

The Swaddlers were my choice with my son.  Like stated above, go with a 1 or 2 on size.  When my son was born,  we skipped the newborn size because of his weight.

kanshow

Huggies worked the best for us.   Last one had sensitive skin so we got the cloth-like ones - I think they are called Supreme?    Like the others say -  I'd probably get size one as most don't say in the newborn too long.    

Oh yes go with the swaddlers if you do get the newborn size.  I agree they were the best at that stage. 

knabe

talk amongst yourselves and get different ones so they can sample and see which ones work for them.

ELBEE

inthebarnagain said:
I found that Pampers worked best for boy babies and Huggies for the girl babies.  I agree with the last post, the cheap ones are cheap for a reason!  And don't buy the smallest ones, seems like everyone does that and suddenly the baby is too big for them and there aren't any bigger ones in the house. 

One thing I can say positive about Wal-mart. Here, they will trade unopened boxes for the next size, even without a sales receipt.

Stick with name brand. And why would you even consider anything but disposable?

red

ELBEE said:
inthebarnagain said:

One thing I can say positive about Wal-mart. Here, they will trade unopened boxes for the next size, even without a sales receipt.

Stick with name brand. And why would you even consider anything but disposable?

I was going to use cloth diapers but since was on a blood thinner they figured I'd stick myself & bleed to death. Boy did they know me right!

Thanks for the info! I think I'll go w/ the huggies. Trouble is there are so many varieties!  ???

Red

bradycreek

New born swaddlers great but mine wasn't in his long.
1's and 2's we had less blow outs with pampers
3's that is what he wears now and has been in them for a while.
Good suggestions above---could possibly skip the newborns and they may get lots of them. 1's they most likey will outgrow these fast as well.
2's or 3's mine seemed to be in these for a while.

If they didn't register for one its great.[http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2256100/url] a Diaper Genie good luck dh

kanshow

Bradycreek - You liked the diaper genie?  I hated it!  It was a nuisance.

I agree about the cloth diapers.  They are a pain...  I could never figure how to put them on so they wouldn't leak.    They do make good burp cloths and then later dusting clothes or we keep some in the showbox for??   

linnettejane

huggies all the way....and i used the most expensive type of huggies(supremes, i think, cant remember the name)....and not because im rich, but because they really were the best....when i did try the cheaper brands, they didn't absorb as well and would give lindsay a diaper rash...so all the money i saved on the cheap diapers i ended up spending on creams and powders....she never once got a rash with huggies supreme....

and as far as the diaper genie goes....i used one for 6 months...then got rid of it..... after they accumulate a day or two of diapers and you open them up to dump them..........ohhhh myyyy.........the smell is terrible....., i would even buy those scented trash bags to put in it and spray with lyesol when changing the bag....it still would smell terrible when you opened it..... i just decided i didn't want that in lindsay's room, so i started saving all my walmart bags, everytime i changed her, i put the dirty diaper in the walmart bag, tied it up, and put it in the trash can by the back door...no more "toxic" dirty diapers in her room....

fluffer

hahah, well I see we all have different opnions on diapers  :D

For myself and my friends we all like Papmers for girls and huggies for boys when they are little babies and still having blow outs.  Once they get a little bigger it doesn't matter.

I would buy size 3 as they are not in size newborn or 1's for very long.  My daughter has been in 3s for a while.  At the size 3 size I don't think it really matters huggies or pampers but I will tell you to get Pampers cruisers or Huggies with the flex sides.

I delivered a breech calf the day before my ultrasound when I was pregnant.  My Dr. couldn't believe it then I got put in bed rest immediatly following my ultrasound  :( 
Good Luck and have fun!

Fluffer