Tribute to the American Solider

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

http://www.zenlala.com/images/KEEPINGITINPERSPECTIVE.pdf

This was too moving to pass by.

Red  :'(

cowz

Thanks Red.  That was nice.  I am kind of a hermit, but once a month I go load up on groceries in Colorado Springs.  This is one of the clusters of military bases in the western states.  There are a lot of funerals and memorial services nowdays.  We have a church out of the midwest that comes out frequently to protest and disrupt these funerals.  I wish we could make them be more tolerant.  The upside is that we have a new state statute that keeps them from directly interupting these memorial services. 

These men paid the ultimate price for the freedom of religion.  They deserve the respect of all for a dignified memorial service! :'(

ROAD WARRIOR

Support our men and women in the service - It is your rights and hides that they saccrifice their own for!

Show Heifer

Cowz, if that "church" protests again, get ahold of the "Freedom Riders", which is a motorcycle group that rides their bikes in front of the protestors to shield the families from their hideious signs, and yelling.
In our community a soldier was brought home to be buried. The "church protesters" were there (maybe 30) and so were the Freedom Riders (maybe 200). They completely hid the protesters, lead and followed the family from the funeral home, to the school gym, to the cemetary. The total route, roughly 60 miles. And they were their 100% of the time. It was not only touching to know that these cyclist had taken time out of their work, and family time to support this family, but touching to see all the community support that the family and cyclist recieved. Lets just say the protesters have not been back.
I think if you google "Freedom Riders" you can find info out, or donate to their expenses that all come out of their own pockets.

Jill

They have had them on the news several times here, I think it is really neat that they take the time to honor the soldiers and the families.  I have little tolerance for protesters in general and I have none for scum that would protest at a funeral, these people have fought for the privileges we so take for granted, give them some respect!

red

We had a concert in Columbus honoring the "Fallen Solider", it was backed in part by the motorcycle rifers. I think too often we tend to lump cetain people in one general catagory, like Harley riders. They have been huge supporters of our troops & the Toys for Tots drive.

Red