*Update* Blueberry and calf (AAOK)

Help Support Steer Planet:

SKF

Here's a updated picture of our heifer Blueberry and her bull calf she had on Dec. 29. How do you think she looks? She had been out in the pature on just grass during her pregnancy we just brought he up near the barn when she had her calf.  My son is taking her to our county fair in 3 weeks as cow/calf.

Attachments

• Cows 1-13-08 076a.JPG
    Cows 1-13-08 076a.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 445
  • Cows 1-13-08 068a.JPG
    Cows 1-13-08 068a.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 439

Diamond

I admire her and the calf she's rasing.

whats the second black cow in the left hand corner

showsteerdlux

Looks like she is giving the calf plenty to eat. Nice looking calf and the cow looks in great condition for only having the calf a couple weeks ago. Good luck at the fair.

AAOK

Both Blueberry and her calf look great!  Good luck at your Fair.  You have done a super job turning that Okla. heifer into a Sunshine State cow.

kanshow

Nice pair!!  Good luck at your fair.  I'm not sure what I'm more envious of - the cattle or the green grass & palm trees. 

Jill

AAOK said:

Both Blueberry and her calf look great!   Good luck at your Fair.  You have done a super job turning that Okla. heifer into a Sunshine State cow.
That has to make you feel really good to know your cows went to someone that does that good of a job with them.  Congratulations to you both!

garybob

kanshow said:
Nice pair!!  Good luck at your fair.  I'm not sure what I'm more envious of - the cattle or the green grass & palm trees.   
I vote for The BermudaGrass! It's a "lifesaver", for Summer Pasture ( and wonderful, endophyte-free Hay with  great TDN), fur Us, up here in Fescue Country.
Nice-looking calf. Are you going to wait for TH/PHA results, or, has he been already "steered"? He's the good kind of baby calf that you don't have to look twice from a distance to verify the sex. Those kind usually make the most masculine, easy-doing bulls. Them "zipper-fronted" (heifer-headed) bull calves usually go on to sire "troublesome" females.

Keep us informed,
GB

SKF

garybob said:
kanshow said:
I vote for The BermudaGrass! It's a "lifesaver", for Summer Pasture ( and wonderful, endophyte-free Hay with  great TDN), fur Us, up here in Fescue Country.
Nice-looking calf. Are you going to wait for TH/PHA results, or, has he been already "steered"? He's the good kind of baby calf that you don't have to look twice from a distance to verify the sex. Those kind usually make the most masculine, easy-doing bulls. Them "zipper-fronted" (heifer-headed) bull calves usually go on to sire "troublesome" females.

Keep us informed,
GB

Yes we are going to get him test. I am hoping he is clean because I want to leave him a bull. We don't really have a market around here for a late Dec steer calf.

AAOK

Jill said:
AAOK said:

Both Blueberry and her calf look great!   Good luck at your Fair.  You have done a super job turning that Okla. heifer into a Sunshine State cow.
That has to make you feel really good to know your cows went to someone that does that good of a job with them.  Congratulations to you both!

Yes it really does.  I appeciate Kelley keeping me informed.  They have done a great job.

I sold a late 2003 heifer into Texas, and was told she won 13 M-A championships.  I was never able to even get a picture.