Updated Photos

Help Support Steer Planet:

JoeBnTN

kfacres said:
Like the bull, like the bone/ foot, and the outcross pedigree...  Looks like a super practical, stockman's type of cattle that will function, live, and produce.. ALl things that this great Shorthorn breed needs...  He's correct, balanced, and masculine....

Would be interested in seeing pixs of calves when they arrive.

Jody,

Thanks!  We're hoping that he's going to work out like he looks.  I appreciate you noticing his feet and legs - that's a BIG issue for me and he's pretty good there.

Joe

JoeBnTN

kfacres said:
keep us, particually me informed of his calves.. I am always looking for a new bull to use...

Jody,

I'll be glad to let you know as we move along. Right now we're planning to get him collected in the next few weeks.  Assuming he freezes OK we are considering offering semen on him later this spring.  If we do I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks again for inquiring!

Joe

garybob

JoeBnTN said:
kfacres said:
keep us, particually me informed of his calves.. I am always looking for a new bull to use...

Jody,

I'll be glad to let you know as we move along. Right now we're planning to get him collected in the next few weeks.  Assuming he freezes OK we are considering offering semen on him later this spring.  If we do I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks again for inquiring!

Joe
Prof. Bales, what are his yearling ''stats'' ? ie, frame, weight, wda, and, scrotal?

GB

JoeBnTN

[/quote]Prof. Bales, what are his yearling ''stats'' ? ie, frame, weight, wda, and, scrotal?

GB
[/quote]

GB

Good to hear from you - I thought you'd gotten lost out there!

I don't have all the stats on the bull here at my house, but here's what I do have:

BW - 70 lbs., 205 adj. - 666 lbs., 365 Adj - 1189.  Frame score has been consistently 6.25-6.5 since late summer and don't think that will change much.  I don't have a scrotal measurementl - but I remember the vet said he was above average for his age.

Once we decided to use him to follow-up on our heifers we didn't push him any from late September until Thanksgiving.  I have no doubt he'd made 1225-1250at a year  if we'd let him go, but there really wasn't any need and feed's too expensive just to see how much I could have gotten out of him.

How do you think he's doing?  I know it's hard to judge from photos but you've seen him from his "baby pics" until today, so I'd be curious what you thought.

Hope you're doing well and look forward to hearing from you.

Joe