Uprising

Help Support Steer Planet:

nmcattle

Any thoughts on the simmi bull Uprising? I have noticed several embryo lots in sales are mated to him. Just wondering if it's hype or if he's that good. Have a cow I want to flush and want a bull that keeps/adds mass and power that will still throw a decent front to produce show heifers. Any calves out there? Other bulls I'm considering are Combustible and Sebago (maternal brother to Broker).  Thoughts on these bulls?

CRS

They are that good.  There was one to sell in Winegardner's sale a couple of years ago from Barker's in Sidney.  Saw her show a couple of times and she was flat awesome, not sure who ended up with her, but I would love to have a herd of those.  She was huge bodied and very sound with a clean front.  I have tried to upload a sale photo of her as a 4 month old.  The red heifer is her dam a Who Da Man out of an Outrageous cow.  Moore's in Illinois own him I believe. 

Attachments

• Lot14.jpg
    Lot14.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 373
  • Who da Man.JPG
    Who da Man.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 411

nmcattle

I'm referring to the simmental Uprising bull. He's only a two year old, first calves on the ground this spring. He was raised by Lee simmentals in Missouri I believe. Owned by Blackford I believe? Those heifers do look nice though, thanks for the info.

CRS

NFF Rubys Uprising is the bull I was thinking of.  He is owned by Moore Cattle Co in Illinois.  I have attached a picture.  Guessing from your last post that they were not the same. 

Attachments

• Ruby-NFF-Uprising-U853.jpg
    Ruby-NFF-Uprising-U853.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 452

gary89

He is a flat awesome individual.  Coolest fronted simmental I've seen.  Haven't seen any calves out of him. He looks better now than he did a year ago.  Combustible is really good as well.  I liked him better last year,  but wasn't at the same stud this year.