Valentine's day ideas

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

OK guys don't forget your ladies on Valentine's day.  It's sneaking up on you!!! (lol)  You fellas need to help us ladies out.  What do guys think is romantic?  I think I'll scream if I see a request for a new pair of muck boots again this year lol.  I seriously want to do something special for the hubby but he just tells me "I'm not romantic don't worry about it.  I could use some new socks though" .  I think he thinks if he doesn't want me to do something he doesn't have to lol.

Let's here some ideas and have some fun.....keep it clean now kids!

red

actually he already bought me my muck boots!
I got him a coffee mug w/ Woody's picture on it! don't tell him Adam!

Red

frostback

I think I have to be careful what I talk about or I might end up with a shotgun.  Romance is not in his vocabulary.

jason

Personally as a guy, a nice steak dinner is romantic enough for me.  I really don't need any gifts. 

For her, I usually do flowers or candy, a dinner date, and either a gift certificate for a massage, tanning, or something to that extent.

common sense

I am thinking that I don't know any guy that wouldn't love a delicious meal or a special dessert and a relaxing massage.  Even something as simple as taking the time to massage his hands while he's reclined in the easy chair watching his favorite game. 

As for me.  FLOWERS.  No matter what women say, including me, women always love to get flowers. (Except funeral flowers... ;)) And then just take fifteen minutes to do some little out-of-the ordinary thing.  That's always special.

justintime

You know it is really hard on all us guys having two of the most important days in the year so close together... those being Ground Hogs day and Valentines day..... and on 12 days apart!!  Both are kinda romantic occasions but my wife tends to disagree.

afhm

Hire someone to do the chores for the day or weekend.  Other than that go to the best steakhouse around and tell him to dig in.

AAOK

My most memorable Valentine present was from the Kids, but of course, was instigated by my lovely Bride. It had to be at least 20 years ago, I received a Sterling Silver Money Clip, engraved with DADDY on the front, and the girls names on the back.  I've carried it every day since.  It's sure not too sterling any more, and none of the engraving is legible.  I'll never forget it!

NHR

"The quickest way to a mans heart is through his stomach". Remember that and all your days will be great. A good well marbled Ribeye steak works everytime. I hope my wife reads this!  (clapping)

knabe

in this order

a hot epsom salt foot massage
a straight 100 cab
a kobe beef rib eye or filet that is cooked on the grill or pan fried, and then sweated in the oven in a pre heated covered cast iron skillet with carmelized pearl onions, a slice of foie gras on top, with some beets, fancy green beens and yellow twice cooked potatoes.

knabe

justme said:
(lol)  You fellas need to help us ladies out.  What do guys think is romantic? 

;D

also a card with some thoughtful things that throughout the year you would have said thank you back when you were dating.

like....  honey, i really appreciated it when i was getting down on you for not helping me hang something, i put the screws in the drywall because i "needed" it done now, and you put them in the studs.  you know, something you took for granted.

running your fingers through hair works good too.  or hugs without words.

red

I'd just love to have him say "Happy Valentine's Day" & give me a kiss. That to me is the best.

Red

knabe

red said:
I'd just love to have him say "Happy Valentine's Day" & give me a kiss. That to me is the best.

Red

i agree, i do that.  i also buy 20 bags of red tootsie pops and get bordeaux's at sees candies, 1/2 milk, 1/2 dark.

but this thread is about what the woman can do to be romantic. ;D

itk

I am anti-Valentine's Day. I proposed to my wife the day before Valetines Day just to be anti-establishment, so I really don't expect anything. I'm surprised knabe hasn't jumped all over the corporate interests that are the propaganda machine behind this Hallmark Holiday. But if you are going to twist my arm get me a few bottles of wine, a great steak, candles, a babysitter and figure out just what Victoria's Secret is.

red

red said:
actually he already bought me my muck boots!
I got him a coffee mug w/ Woody's picture on it! don't tell him Adam!

Red

Knabe- here's my gift to him.

knabe

red, oops, sorry.

itk, i'm usually against these "forced" holidays, but was just responding.  not against corporatations making money though.  they employ people and provide benefits so the government doesn't have to.  basically these holidays are simply rituals to reinforce good behavior from a generation whose values have been soundly rejected.

knabe

here's some help for men

http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0213/p01s03-woap.html

In Japan, expressing love and appreciation is uncommon, especially among men. Even Valentine's Day is a time for women to give men gifts.
"If I said to my wife, 'I love you,' she would think I'm crazy," says Hiroto, who has been married for 20 years and asked that his last name not be used.

america is so downsideup

ZNT

We did ours a little early due to Zane's work schedule --- but we did a family day.  Natalie and I made cards for Zane -- and we did a cheese tortellini alfredo, garlic bread, and salad dinner --- with a bottle of wine.

;D

Traci