W/c fort knox

Help Support Steer Planet:

wvudogdoc

New to the board, anyone have any experience with Fort Knox calves? Breeding to sim angus cattle and hoping to get a good show steer for the county fair. Thanks in advance.

CRS

If they still have the videos up, Jones’s sold several heifers this fall. They were a little frailer boned than I thought they’d be when viewing them in person. Appear to be good functional cattle though. Probably not freaky enough for a show steer though.

werningcattle

The fort Knox calves are good but if you want to make a show steer I would prefer to use our new bull called HRCC Hondo. He is a bankroll x outlaw and he combines soundness, power, and freaky all in one package.
New to the board, anyone have any experience with Fort Knox calves? Breeding to sim angus cattle and hoping to get a good show steer for the county fair. Thanks in advance.

wvudogdoc

The fort Knox calves are good but if you want to make a show steer I would prefer to use our new bull called HRCC Hondo. He is a bankroll x outlaw and he combines soundness, power, and freaky all in one package.
Would you use Hondo over bankroll? Cattle are sim angus larger moderate frame.

CRS

I’d probably use Bank on It for a Bankroll son. Very consistent.

wvudogdoc

You could really go either way. Hondo is going to make them freakier, but for your situation I would use Hondo for show cattle.
Thanks for the advice and taking time to answer my questions! It means a lot that I get a reply straight from the horses mouth when I realize this is a very busy time for you!