Walks Alone reports

Help Support Steer Planet:

jbh

I've got 5.....ALL out of my 301 donor, that is NOT your typical cow......she's REALLY FUNKY pedigreed (Warhorse x DeBull x Hot Coffee), and I expected about what I got.

One solid black heifer is AWESOME....probably a breeding heifer......has some grow to her.

One Black and White heifer similar to the the one above....should be real good!

One Black and White heifer that has some shoulder and will have to be a market heifer.

One black heifer that is obviously TH and PHA free and isn't very good.....

One black bull that is TOO MUCH!.....in a BAD way!

Not blaming anything on the bull.  I'd make the cows I used him on were good shouldered.

mandl

so what would you use him on, large framed cows, medium framed, cows with not a lot of clubby genetics?  we have some semen but just not sure what to use him on

dan m

jbh said:
I've got 5.....ALL out of my 301 donor, that is NOT your typical cow......she's REALLY FUNKY pedigreed (Warhorse x DeBull x Hot Coffee), and I expected about what I got.

One solid black heifer is AWESOME....probably a breeding heifer......has some grow to her.

One Black and White heifer similar to the the one above....should be real good!

One Black and White heifer that has some shoulder and will have to be a market heifer.

One black heifer that is obviously TH and PHA free and isn't very good.....

One black bull that is TOO MUCH!.....in a BAD way!

Not blaming anything on the bull.  I'd make the cows I used him on were good shouldered.

SEA

What are the birth weights running.  Same or less than same cows bred to Heat Wave?

jbh

SEA said:
What are the birth weights running.  Same or less than same cows bred to Heat Wave?

Mine all come unassisted....except the one that came backwards, and we saved it.

DTW

FutureBreeder said:
Did you shoot the straw in the right way?
;) Couldnt resist it Brad.

Maybe that is what i did on the the heat wave x full flush when i flushed her.  Four bull calves and two backwards and one tail first.

cotullaguy

it would be nice to hear more info on this bull...i have not heard anything positive from anyone but the owners....and they bred them to cows that have winners out of jerseys....

cotullaguy

ranch4profit said:
trademark said:
This post is about walks alone
k
Kinda disapointed in mine. So are my neighbors.

hmmmmm....I guess the folks that spent $1000/embryo at frozen gold  should have taken the heat waves.... (lol)

MYT Farms

Not to knock anyone into the dirt, but for goodness sake, "like begets like" and the bull is only half the equation. Ya, ya, I know, he'll have this much more % influence in your cowherd and all that, but you can't take a good bull, breed him to a crappy cow, and expect to come out golden. Not saying anyone did, but you have to have good cows. Same goes for a good cow bred to a crappy bull. If you breed two good animals together, you're likely to get a good animal. My judging coach has two WA heifers and they are flat out good. Of course, he knows what he's doing with the clubby genetics, and that's a plus. Really crossed up bulls on really crossed up cows can give you some variation in the offspring. So even when you do breed a good cow to a good bull, you have to be educated in what bloodlines work on what and what body types compliment each other. Occasionally, you get a rotten egg, and that's part of the game. But you can't expect to put this bull on any cows you like and get a show stopper. Sorry, haven't had a good rant in a while and this helped.  ;D BTW, Brad, I like the calves I've seen out of WA and I'll be bidding on those two females my coach has this fall. If he sells them.  ;)