wash attire question for Show Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Show Hef, you were telling me about some pants you bought or were you were looking at them? They were for washing? I figure I need to find some before expo in case I'm elected. Hate to wear wet pants all day long & I usually get wet when washing. Myself, the person next to me, their calf & sometimes my own heifer!

thanks,
Red (clapping)

Show Heifer

Yes, I bought a pair in Denver and they are the BEST!  They are by far better than Columbia pants or any other water proof pant I have tried. I will get the info and post it later!!

red

Show Heifer said:
Yes, I bought a pair in Denver and they are the BEST!  They are by far better than Columbia pants or any other water proof pant I have tried. I will get the info and post it later!!

Thank you so much, I thought you told me about some. I was hoping I hadn't dreamt it.
Will be looking forward to more info.

Red

cowz

If you cant afford the "Columbia" style wash pants, try the men's sweatpants from Walmart, made of the windbreaker material.  They are not completely waterproof, but shed the majority of water when washing.  Also keep your pants from the "black knee" disease!

red

I think she called these Splashers or something like that. I've worn the ones you talked about cowz, they work well too. I just want something that will be warm too & waterproof.

Red

Show Heifer

Heres your info Red: The line is called "Splashers". They are  hand sewn and so far, I haven't even been close to tearing them, and I have snagged them on wire, nails and various silo parts!!!  Their site is:
www.telusplanet.net/public/splasher/indexX2.html      email: [email protected]
at least I think that will get you there! They are out of Canada.
My pants are 100% waterproof, as I have actually SAT and kneeled in water/mud and NOTHING soaked through. They are wind proof, and warm enough, but certainly not insulated coverall warm!!
They are not cheap, I think my pants were around $70, but like I said, so far, they have been indestructable!!
They also had bibs, long riding coats, and short jackets.
I would highly recommend them, and I am a cheap person, but these are worth it!!!

By the way, if that site doesn't work, let me know!!!

OH Breeder

Show Heifer said:
Heres your info Red: The line is called "Splashers". They are  hand sewn and so far, I haven't even been close to tearing them, and I have snagged them on wire, nails and various silo parts!!!  Their site is:
www.telusplanet.net/public/splasher/indexX2.html       email: [email protected]
at least I think that will get you there! They are out of Canada.
My pants are 100% waterproof, as I have actually SAT and kneeled in water/mud and NOTHING soaked through. They are wind proof, and warm enough, but certainly not insulated coverall warm!!
They are not cheap, I think my pants were around $70, but like I said, so far, they have been indestructable!!
They also had bibs, long riding coats, and short jackets.
I would highly recommend them, and I am a cheap person, but these are worth it!!!

By the way, if that site doesn't work, let me know!!!

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/splasher This will get you there.

Jill

I noticed at the NWSS that Carhartt is also making waterproof gear, I don't remember if it was pants or just bibs, you might check the website.

cowz

Jill said:
I noticed at the NWSS that Carhartt is also making waterproof gear, I don't remember if it was pants or just bibs, you might check the website.

Are these the ones you are talking about Jill???

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0039502980299a.shtml

red

Show Heifer, are these it? I'm playing phone tag w/ her right now.
Red
pantsthumb.jpg

Splasher Pants

Show Heifer

Yep, those are the pants. Only mine are black. They don't have pockets, and have an elastic waist and a straight leg, so they are easy to get on and off with boots on.  Like I said, I wear them all the time doing chores, and climbing and fixing the silo, walking through brush etc and have yet to even snag them visually! And to clean them, get a hose and rinse off. I love them. And even though the price was a bit high, (and I am CHEAP) this was money very well spent!!!

Jill

cowz said:
Jill said:

Are these the ones you are talking about Jill???

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0039502980299a.shtml
May have been, I didn't pay much attention, but they were displayed with pants and jacket and were cheaper than the ones that are custom made to fit.  I'm cheap enough, I haven't been able to bring myself to spend that on waterproof attire.

red

justme said:
You need me to embroider your farm name on the butts! O0

Yes, I can just see RED on my butt!!!!! (clapping)

Red

Attachments

• pantsthumb.JPG
    pantsthumb.JPG
    4.7 KB · Views: 263

Show Heifer

Just the name on the butts?? Heck, I could advertise the  whole FARM on my butt!!!

justme

I appliqued two basketballs on my daughters butt and put her last name FUNK on it.  I could do your name and a calf red!

red

I've just played phone tag w/ the Splasher people. Can't seem to get anywhere. I ordered these from Duluth trading. Usually have some pretty good stuff.

Red

Attachments

• 250x250q40.jpg
    250x250q40.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 884