Weird objects found in your feed

Help Support Steer Planet:

LazyGLowlines

I was feeding the cattle this morning, grabbed a couple flakes and heard a thump.  Didn't think much of it (okay, so I wasn't quite awake yet).  When I went to grab a couple more flakes I saw a baseball laying next to the hay.  It got me thinking about what other weird stuff has been found in one's feed over the years.....

shortyjock89

Found a live snake in a bale when we were unloading it off the rack.  He was one p!ssed off dude. A friend of mine said he found an unopened bottle of beer in a bale once, but I never saw it.

BIGTEX

3 ft. pice of rebar. My father in-law must have bailed it up. I can't believe it bailed it.

justme

Golf balls...I use to help the neighbor bail small square bales while in highschool.  Little did he know my dad use to tee off into his hay field.  He always wondered how so many golf balls got into his bales!

wpenrod

We were baling straw one day and we noticed we had a broken bail and we got the tractor stopped while the bale was still on the shoot. We were taking the chunks and putting them back and the baler to rebale and when i grapped my arm full of chunks there was a live possium just sitting there looking at me. Freaked me out a little at first

SKF

A big soup spoon, lots of paper and a dead rat.

TK Show2win

I've found empty feed bags and lots of trash in our hay bales.

I found a wasp nest in a alfalfa bale once, and Oh boy did I feel it!! Scared me have to death. lol

red

cigarette butts & candy wrappers. That was when we had feed ground at local mill.

CM Cattle

justme said:
Golf balls...I use to help the neighbor bail small square bales while in highschool.  Little did he know my dad use to tee off into his hay field.  He always wondered how so many golf balls got into his bales!
My neibor hits golf balsl in our field, and dosn't pick them up. No tellin how many golf balls I have found in our hay.

farmboy

CM Cattle said:
justme said:
My neibor hits golf balsl in our field, and dosn't pick them up. No tellin how many golf balls I have found in our hay.

hit em back

dori36

"Smarty", my little (at the time) son's favorite cat!  She loved to hunt out in the hayfields and was in the wrong place when the field was baled!  We thought she just disappeared but there, in the dead of winter, one fine day, I opened a bale and, voila', there she was, flat as a pancake!!  Ugh!  We never told the little guy where and how we found her!

TJ

Not in a bale, but I know somebody who was cutting sudex & had a dog go through the disc mower conditioner... I'm glad that I didn't see it... YUCK!! 

BCCC

found a driveshaft in a big round bale just a couple days ago

One time we were choppin corn silage by our feed yard, and we ended up finding a fat steer.....However saw it a little late :'( :'( Not a pretty sight AT ALL! We have also ran over fawns with our rotarty disk swathers.

beefy

hit a skunk cutting hay on our open cab windrower. stuck on a tooth and come around the reel in a yellow fog. i slept out on the trampoline for a week. thank goodness for cabs now.    <cowboy>

farmboy

beefy said:
hit a skunk cutting hay on our open cab windrower. stuck on a tooth and come around the reel in a yellow fog. i slept out on the trampoline for a week. thank goodness for cabs now.    <cowboy>

oh lord.

Diamond

We  helped an old farmer out a few years back, who asked us to do his feilds for him so he could feed his animals threw the winter, well needless to say as I was stacking hay in the barn I came across the hide of a not so lucky cow...kinda gross.
In another lot I was standing on top of a well stacked truck when a bale came flying up that had several snakes stuck to the vary bottom of the bale, I leaped so fast off that truck they thought I had wings. It was a nice nest of copper heads.

also ran over a snapping turtle with the mower conditioner as well as the occasional deer, bird, and of coarse snake