What are your have to have bulls this year?

Help Support Steer Planet:

kanshow

We are going to use some old standards again this year  3C Macho and Dream On - we'll also be using some other bulls - Rito Platinum and still undecided.  I'd like to find a Dream On son I could be impressed with.  Does anyone know anything about Star Power? 

knabe

i'm thinking you mean the simmental bull and not these, who kinda look like waygu, even though they are angus

http://www.searsangus.com/GeneSTAR%20Bulls.htm

simtal

think I'm gonna breed the ranch to that new shorthorn bull, Captain Jack
(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

kanshow

LOL!!

Yeah, I was looking at the Simm Bull ...  http://www.sekgenetics.com/bull_pg.php?bull=885&breed=1

DL

Telos said:
DL said:
I must have more GIZMO.....must have more GIZMO.......must have more GIZMO......I must have more GIZMO.....must have more GIZMO.......must have more GIZMO (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

Hey DL, congrats on your Gizmo x Lamont mating. Lamont still looks great for her age and especially her calf. Great looking calf crop, too.

Thanks Telos - I am pretty pleased with the babies so far - and of course saying nice things about the Lovely Lamont and her baby gets you karma baby! ;)
By popular demand her is the Lovely Lamont and her Gizmo calf ....ultra VIOLET
  ;)

Attachments

• Lamont & Violet sm.jpg
    Lamont & Violet sm.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 379

DL

Born 1/6 - picture taken the 1/28 - yeah I like them all but she sure is special! I like the white on the one leg and there is white on her tail too - otherwise (except belly) she is a lovely shade of RED!
(Does that make ELBEE a grandfather of a bovine? how does that work??

red

well since Telos is an owner of Triple X, I tell him we are grandparents together!  ;) ::)
Might have to use him on my red/white cow. Be really pretty!

Red

Doc

Hey DL, Real nice looking pair!! Cow looks like she has a heck of a bag! If you get any pictures of those 2 bulls, I'd still like to see them.

6M Ranch

Thanks Telos, she's out of Twin Valley Precision E161, mama is out of the Entense line.  She's taking a little vacation at Terry's house right now.

6M Ranch

She'll be four next month.  That picture was taken at the Iowa Beef Expo two years ago.

ELBEE

DL said:
Born 1/6 - picture taken the 1/28 - yeah I like them all but she sure is special! I like the white on the one leg and there is white on her tail too - otherwise (except belly) she is a lovely shade of RED!
(Does that make ELBEE a grandfather of a bovine? how does that work??

[/quote

]Yea', that's how it works!

shorthorns r us

DL said:
Telos said:
DL said:
I must have more GIZMO.....must have more GIZMO.......must have more GIZMO......I must have more GIZMO.....must have more GIZMO.......must have more GIZMO (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

Hey DL, congrats on your Gizmo x Lamont mating. Lamont still looks great for her age and especially her calf. Great looking calf crop, too.

Thanks Telos - I am pretty pleased with the babies so far - and of course saying nice things about the Lovely Lamont and her baby gets you karma baby! ;)
  ;)
  that looks like one LARGE cow.  How heavy was the baby.  % of cows body weight was LOW!

red

Lee, is Gizmo listed as Gizmo in the SEK pricebook or under his real name? After seeing DL's calf & hearing the birthweight from a son of his, I may want him for a cow of mine. She's out of my Rose cow & warhorse (THC/PHAF).

Red

DL

SRU said:
DL said:
Telos said:
DL said:

;)
  that looks like one LARGE cow.  How heavy was the baby.  % of cows body weight was LOW!

SRU - We call her Tiny    (lol)
Actually the cow averages 2000 lbs - when she is pregnant I cannot get her in the chute (well maybe I could but I couldn't get her out!) - it is a good think she has a fabulous temperament because I do all my Johne's and Bang's bleeding in the fall (when she can't get in the chute)

OK - cow weights a ton, calf 90 lbs - knabe you do the math ;)

Red - Gizmo is listed as Gizmo in the price list for 2008 - he is $100/straw. There is a picture of him in the 2007 SEK catalog

knabe

90/2000=0.045 or 4.5%.
for comparison
80/1500=0.053 or 5.3%
80/1200=0.067 or 6.7%

that is one calving ease momma!

i've seen longhorns give birth standing up, just like a wildebeast, they plop on the ground and out comes all the spittle and they are up in less than 5 minutes.

ELBEE

red said:
Lee, is Gizmo listed as Gizmo in the SEK pricebook or under his real name? After seeing DL's calf & hearing the birthweight from a son of his, I may want him for a cow of mine. She's out of my Rose cow & warhorse (THC/PHAF).

Red

ELBEE Leader C087

Latest posts