What Bull would you flush this Angus Donor to for Clubby Mommas?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

Later this Summer I will be flushing my Angus Donor Patty.  Patty is the cow I purchased from CaneRidge.  She is a daughter of  OCC Judge(Double bred Emblazon).  The first flush will be to Duffs New Edition.  She clicked real well with his brother New Look last year with the calf that many on her helped me name. "JAG".  He is pictured below along with a picture of Patty in her dirty clothes and the catelog picture from the sale I purchase her in.

Here are some of the bulls I am considering.  I kind of like going with a PB bull but it doesn't mean I won't try any maternal bull.  The PB allows me to market the bulls at the Cattlemans Classic.

1.Carneyman- I am very happy with these calves this year because the Steers seem to be very marketable.
2. Macho
3.Star Power
4.  DJ Salution
5. Dr. Business

What's the thoughts on any of these combos and any other suggestions.

Thanks,

RSC

Attachments

• Patricia-Flush_Cow.jpg
    Patricia-Flush_Cow.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 699
  • JAG & Patty 2a.jpg
    JAG & Patty 2a.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 702
  • Patty N Jag.jpg
    Patty N Jag.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 702

xxcc

with a 'clubby momma',  you're looking for the most bang for your buck with every sire you use, which means stay simple on the momma cow breeding.  by pics and style, this cow looks like if anyone ever cheated in her background, it was wayyyyyy back.  not to dog your choices, but if you want mommas that will crank, keep them simple too. chill factor or midnight chill is the only way i'd go.  those bulls combine only fullblood genetics with only true angus genetics.  honestly, for your request, i don't even think Cunia would be a good choice (notice: Cunia is the only word capitalized in my whole message).

good luck, let us know what you come up with.

frostback

Making the calves true F-1 is the only way to go. I have not had much luck with Chill Factor but I know lots of people who have. Great choice but if I owned that cow there would be no other choice than to go with Meyer 734. Go and look at P-Fs site and look at their cow 9216, she reminds me of your cow. They, and we have cows in production on that mating that not only look good but are producing great club calves. Well worth the semen cost. If cost is the issue maybe look at a son of Meyer. What ever your choice you are correct to stay with a purebred bull, then with those females you can go with the freaks.
JAG looks good for a angus bull.(JK) Frostback

red

Pohlman's have had excellent results producing calves from Angus moms. I'd look at theirs & Gene Rowe's. www.roweshowcattle.com

Red

Latest posts