What did you order?

Help Support Steer Planet:

showcattlegal

we have a couple of medium size cows, that are more on the maine side then chi. that way if there heifers they will be maine tainers. They need more bone and to be stouter.

red

BCC, I've had great sucess w/ cherry bomb. Probably an under utilized bull.

Red

bradycreek

bred three so far to Muridale Buster, plan to use some sin city, and sinister
Have a couple of left over Polar Express may end up using.
Also have some Dr. Who just not quite ready to use it yet.
dh

oakbar

We're using  TM Gus and JPJ on our SH heifers andl breed the Sonny cow back to Tonic.  Hopefully, we'll have some Grey Goose X AP 886 embryos and will flush our Myrtle Bo cow to CF Ringo.  WE will also use some Sin City, Salute, and possibly SS Fizz or Canasta.

As far as clubbies and Maines go, we'll be using Dr Who, Who Made Who, and Money Man.

We'll be cleaning up the heifers with a Red Angus bull and using our bull "Sully"(Trump X AP 330H) to clean up the cows.

Davis Shorthorns

We ordered some JPJ for our natural calf for our kilmilhill cow also we will be using ArSuLu Massive for our Kendra Cow, then ArSuLu Osage for the rest of the animals. 

OhShOwEr

We ordered some more sin city, doctor who, Naughty Pine, Hannibal, and Heatwave!!...I have seen some pretty impressive Naughty Pines out of just some pretty plain jane cows, so I hope he works out well for us!! :)

kanshow

We used (and are using) a lot of semen we already had..  Dream On, Macho, SS Goldmine

Some new to us bulls we ordered - Circlet Antioinette Star, Mamas Boy, Hardcore, Sin City,

garybob

kanshow said:
We used (and are using) a lot of semen we already had..  Dream On, Macho, SS Goldmine

Some new to us bulls we ordered - Circlet Antioinette Star, Mamas Boy, Hardcore, Sin City,
If I was active & able, here's my list. Y'uns may have to do some serious searching, in order to view my pics online.

Red ones: GFS Creole, Ash Valley Double Duty or ArSULu Osage, DRC 101VM, Byland Mission, GFS Red Cloud 7026 ( or any of his sons), the "034" bull at Lakeside that is owned by the Sneeds, and either JR Legend, or, Spry's True Blue.

White: TM Gus, and Homedale Blizzard.

Roan: the Haumont bull at Gary kaper's, or either MM SHooting Star, or Deerhorn"Lightning" at the Moore's, and, of course, AJCC American Muscle.

Spotted: Sodhouse Litle Man.

REd Angus: NEO-SHO Millenium, Mullberry, and Forster Blaze (biggest feet in the modern world).

Heck, I might even invest in a good, Gert bull with all the right tools and numbers.

GB

GONEWEST

Heat Wave, Heat Seeker, Hannibal, Dr. Who, Jimmy the Greek, Buck Cherry

Gigolo Joe, Paddy O'Malley, Pale Face, Ali

DCC New Look, OCC Anchor

3C Macho, Amazon

Goldmine (Habeger)

showman ne

garybob said:
kanshow said:

If I was active & able, here's my list. Y'uns may have to do some serious searching, in order to view my pics online.

Red ones: GFS Creole, Ash Valley Double Duty or ArSULu Osage, DRC 101VM, Byland Mission, GFS Red Cloud 7026 ( or any of his sons), the "034" bull at Lakeside that is owned by the Sneeds, and either JR Legend, or, Spry's True Blue.

White: TM Gus, and Homedale Blizzard.

Roan: the Haumont bull at Gary kaper's, or "Lightning" at the Moore's.

Spotted: Sodhouse Mr Mann.

REd Angus: NEO-SHO Millenium, Mullberry, and Forster Blaze (biggest feet in the modern world).

Heck, I might even invest in a good, Gert bull with all the right tools and numbers.

GB

I've seen decent cattle out of Gus and Blizzard, theres some good creoles in the world, i like the mission bull, red cloud is a good one on the right cow, i know people that like legend too, i don't care for mullberry much though. Those bulls aren't that unheard of. Or at least I've heard of them and i'm a "Y'un" I suppose the main reason a lot of people don't mention some of them is because they don't throw lots of show calves. If I was trying to make commercial animals I'd definately be using some of those, but I'm breeding for show calves so I don't have much demand for those genetics, though way back in some of my cows they're in there

CAB

Ruebush, I'll be anxious to hear about the Gus calves. I liked him out in Denver. Whoever has the Killer instinct in the tank, did you get any KI calves this spring, and if so, what are they like? He looks like he could make them too straight from the pic.
BCCC, it'll be fun to see and hear about the Eye Candy calves next spring also. Looks like everyone has got a plan, hope everyone has a great breeding season, argh is it already that time? Seems like it was just winter here yesterday.

red

I'd be so afraid to use Killer Instinct if he is a double carrier. I saw a son of his being promoted & no mention of his status.
Love Killer's pattern.  Bull,  not King Killer Kitty, although he is a fine looking 18 pound furball!

CAB

I guess personally, I wouldn't be anymore scared to use a double dirty bull than a single dirty bull, just has to be on double clean females. I just want to know what the calves are like out of him if anyone has seen any in person. The bull looks very good in his pic other than I see him as leaning to the too straight side.

red

CAB said:
I guess personally, I wouldn't be anymore scared to use a double dirty bull than a single dirty bull, just has to be on double clean females. I just want to know what the calves are like out of him if anyone has seen any in person. The bull looks very good in his pic other than I see him as leaning to the too straight side.

I know but to sell a double carrier animal would almost be the kiss of death at some sales.

Red

NHR

All Shorthorn

What we have ordered and used so far: SS Kaboom (used on a flush), HD Bloodstone (used on a flush), Sonny Duece (used on a flush), Waukaru Goldmine, Final Solution, and CF Phoenix

What we are going to order this year: KMS Canasta, HD Big and Rich, DF Tuscaloosa, SS Deadwood, SULL Ventures Pride, and more Final Solution.

CAB

Very true Red, but the locker doesn't care. I try not to use carriers , but do of coarse use them. Thank  goodness for the test. If not for it, I wouldn't probably use any carriers. Isn't that quite a statement. The test makes it so that I feel more comfortable using carrier genetics, but it's true, the test makes it so that I can use and manage carrier genes.

knabe

CAB said:
If not for it, I wouldn't probably use any carriers. Isn't that quite a statement.

without the test, NO ONE was going to do test crosses to prove a bull clean.  things would be even worse today without the test.  NO ONE would have collected a bunch of cows that had affected calves, and test cross bulls.  NO ONE.

It is exactly this scenario that we all have to thank Dr. Beever, Barrelracer, DL, and those who submitted samples for that we didn't have to do.

barn talk is so 50's.

red

try Money Man or Gigolo Joe. I used Joe on my Tank cow that is picture w/ the red steer on "some more calves"

Red

Dusty

I think I'm leaning towards HW, Sunseeker, Blue Blood, and I might try some Wilson.  Heatwave and Sunseeker seem to be the catch all bulls now.....  Blue Blood, I dunno I guess I liked him when I saw him as a yearling.  I think he has a good pattern to make some nice heifers.  And, I'm going to gambe with Wilson and hope he is the next great thing....

Latest posts