What did you order?

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmboy

sunny said:
Frank the Tank is a PHA carrier.  A good friend is a part owner, so we decided to give him a try on some angus cows that need powered up.  He was not on display at Ohio Expo, but was there long enough to go from one trailer to another on his way from being collected in MO, to spring possesion in PA.  If you saw him I'm sure he was in his "working clothes", not display ready.  I saw him on the trailer, and didn't see anything to complain about.  Maybe in two years, when finsihed calves start to hit the showring, we will have a better idea if any of this year's new bulls are any good!

oh shoot, my bad, im confused here, bsimilar pictures, im thinking of the jbs heartbreaker bull, sorry (lol)

stumpy

I just got time to read this thread. If you don't mind me asking showmen, ne where did you get to see the Gus calves? I am just curios and trying to keep on watching for calves. Thank-you!

marsh

Breeding blacks to Dr. Who and Hard Core.
Shorthorn to JPJ. 
Flushing Meyer X 42FJ cow to Hairy, Dr. Who, and Hard Core.  Have Dr. Who and Hard Core et calves on ground now that are really good.
Flushing Double Vision cow to Hard Core and Sonny
Calves are good this year so went with about the same bulls except for Sonny and Hairy on the flushes.  I guess we will know if we made the correct choices next Spring.

marsh

Red - Yes the one and only 42FJ. 

We purchased Meyer X 42FJ embryos in 03 and had 2 heifers born in the Spring of 04.  The cow we are flushing can be seen on Rowe's site under future donors.  The other one we are going to flush this summer.  Both are great young cows and have had some good calves to date.  Thanks for the interest. 

red

marsh said:
Red - Yes the one and only 42FJ. 

We purchased Meyer X 42FJ embryos in 03 and had 2 heifers born in the Spring of 04.  The cow we are flushing can be seen on Rowe's site under future donors.  The other one we are going to flush this summer.  Both are great young cows and have had some good calves to date.  Thanks for the interest. 
love 42FJ! I've used her son Currency many times. Matter of fact just got some from Gene. I'm a firm believer in his genetics & think 42FJ is at the top of the list. You match w/ 734 will be awesome!
I'm sure we've met at the sales!

Red

42FJ%20X%20MEYER%20734.jpg

marsh

Thanks for posting the picture of her.  Like I said, we have some good et calves out of her and Dr. Who and Hard Core that will be for sale this summer. 

I don't know a lot about Currency, but I did just have a Currrency heifer 2 weeks ago out of a full sister to 42FJ.  The calf came little, but looks like it will be pretty good.

red

marsh said:
Thanks for posting the picture of her.  Like I said, we have some good et calves out of her and Dr. Who and Hard Core that will be for sale this summer. 

I don't know a lot about Currency, but I did just have a Currrency heifer 2 weeks ago out of a full sister to 42FJ.  The calf came little, but looks like it will be pretty good.

we've used Currency on 2 first calf heifers out of gold Club. Both came very easy w/ one at 75#. Have another Gold Club from Ferguson's that I might use him on too.

Red

judge0707

I ordered:
Monopoly
HW
Milkman
Fatal Attraction
Carnac
Invincible
I Am Legend
and for heifers:
Taz
Dirty Harry
Star Power

RSC

Carney Man, Star Power, Hairy Bear, Habanero, Dr. Who, Dr. Business, Da Bus, Spanky on Heifers, New Edition,  Eye Candy and Naughty Pine.

RSC

red

RSC said:
Carney Man, Star Power, Hairy Bear, Habanero, Dr. Who, Dr. Business, Da Bus, Spanky on Heifers, Eye Candy and Naughty Pine.

RSC

Tony- who is Spanky?

Red

RSC

red said:
RSC said:
Carney Man, Star Power, Hairy Bear, Habanero, Dr. Who, Dr. Business, Da Bus, Spanky on Heifers, Eye Candy and Naughty Pine.

RSC

Tony- who is Spanky?

Red
Cathy, Spanky was raised by Dennis Pearson, the ones that now own Doc.  He is old bloodlines, clean, proven calving ease and great females.  His maternal brother won Louisville in 04, I believe.  He had a steer win Nebraska AGR in about 02.  I purchased breeding rights in his full brother and I'm excited about his potential.  I may take a picture in a month or so.  We may collect him and sell a little semen.  Proven calving ease, sellable steers and great females is enough for me.  Check his link below to see his pedigree.

LINK:  http://www.acaregistry.org/detail.aspx?reg=279836

RSC

red

Quite a blood line w/ Cunia & sugar Ray!

Can't wait for a picture. What has the BW's been averaging?

Red

RSC

red said:
Quite a blood line w/ Cunia & sugar Ray!

Can't wait for a picture. What has the BW's been averaging?

Red
Not sure exactly on the BW's I will find out.  He has been used for a number of years with success.  Not promoted but word of mouth is picking up the semen use.  I will get a picture up of Spanky II pretty soon.

RSC

knabe

and ildeno is in there too as the sire of the bull crossed on an amerifax cow and then crossed on another amerifax.

the cow side is way more impressive to me.

you can see ohlde stirring up trouble in there way back.

good man.

RSC

knabe said:
and ildeno is in there too as the sire of the bull crossed on an amerifax cow and then crossed on another amerifax.

the cow side is way more impressive to me.

you can see ohlde stirring up trouble in there way back.

good man.
997 was a very good donor for Dennis.  He has a yearling HW son called Flash that he is using this year.  Pretty impressive.

RSC

Latest posts