What is your 2012 bull lineup?

Help Support Steer Planet:

TXSimmy

thunderdownunder said:
M  Rock Farm said:
this year we plan on using Wendt Don Dan, LR Yogi, H&B Hef-a-nizer, SF Old Taylor, and Muegue Rojo

That fourth bull looks good, what's his breeding?

He is actually a 3/4 gerts 1/4 brangus, when we mate him to our pure breds they'll be 7/8 and can be registered pure breds. He's pretty straight TT bred, he's been tearing them up on the show road this year and were pretty excited to use him.

SSIMMENTALS

We will use: Explorer (hfr), IDT (hfr), Navigator,Whizard, Eye Candy,Fat Butt, and 2 Irish Whiskey or X Ray  x Dixie Chic embryos. Clean up with SDSF Gran Torino, a Grandmaster x ROY Shinedown yearling. Still need to figure one out, we're leaning toward GWS Rendition.

kfacres

r.n.reed said:
Cruiser said:
r.n.reed said:
I lost my senior sire 108 this fall so on the cows,Kaper 4508,Wolf Ridge Frontline,and Wolf Ridge Pioneer H2961x.I,have it narrowed down to 3 choices to use on on the heifers which are  all 108 daughters.2 are 108 sons and one is a President  son out of 108's dam.Here is a picture of  one of the 108 sons at 7 mo.,3 wks after weaning

Nice looking calf!!! What are you doing with that guy?
Thanks Cruiser,Right now I am planning on using him but I might be tempted to let part of him go.

front half, or back half...  ;)  If I were interested.. I'd want the back half.. front wouldn't' get much settled...

hbcc

we will be using jm joe davinvi natural service with a double dirty double vision son on clean cows and on clubbies monopoly walks on water I80 and heat wave clones

Doc

hbcc said:
we will be using jm joe davinvi natural service with a double dirty double vision son on clean cows and on clubbies monopoly walks on water I80 and heat wave clones

Do you have any calves by Joe D.?

hbcc

yes we had 7 last year using him just cleaning up this year we will have about 20hoping for some heifers

sue

For me I will ai to Captain, 329 and Lo Rider where I can ..... however I need a new walking bull and Hope it comes out of this program that I have admired for years  RAS SHORTHORNS  in Custer, Mi . Here is a group of late march to late april bulls that averaged 78 bw, 696 act ww (217 ) on no creep. You'll be hearing more about this from me - joint sale March 22, Thursday 2012 - to include captain and 329 influences.  Check this post wean tape out!

http://youtu.be/7KnQMcjYiCo

OH Breeder

sue said:
For me I will ai to Captain, 329 and Lo Rider where I can ..... however I need a new walking bull and Hope it comes out of this program that I have admired for years   RAS SHORTHORNS  in Custer, Mi . Here is a group of late march to late april bulls that averaged 78 bw, 696 act ww (217 ) on no creep. You'll be hearing more about this from me - joint sale March 22, Thursday 2012 - to include captain and 329 influences.  Check this post wean tape out!

Like those boys with the yellow tags and the darker red bull far right of the screen when they feature one yellow tag bull from rear. They look moderate made easy feeding type cattle.

cattleman70

Were A.I.ing are stuff to Monopoly 2, Chopper, and maybe something else such as a Walks Alone. We A.I. all our heifers to Jakes Proud Jazz and angus bulls. For shorthorns, were using Vegas, Ace of Diamonds, TM Gus, and Proud Jazz. Everything (except show heifers) will be exposed to a Mill Brae Angus Bull.

sue

OH Breeder said:
sue said:
For me I will ai to Captain, 329 and Lo Rider where I can ..... however I need a new walking bull and Hope it comes out of this program that I have admired for years   RAS SHORTHORNS  in Custer, Mi . Here is a group of late march to late april bulls that averaged 78 bw, 696 act ww (217 ) on no creep. You'll be hearing more about this from me - joint sale March 22, Thursday 2012 - to include captain and 329 influences.  Check this post wean tape out!

Like those boys with the yellow tags and the darker red bull far right of the screen when they feature one yellow tag bull from rear. They look moderate made easy feeding type cattle.
I attached a bw and ww ( actuals)
The yellow tag is 1119  and pretty sure the dark red is tag 1113. I pick a new favorite every visit. 

Attachments

• RAS_yrlingbulls2011_pdf.pdf
    80.3 KB · Views: 168

Doc

I will be AIing with Primo, Fringe, and Kaboom.
Flushing with Sonny, sexed Roan Goose, Primo, Asset and Kaboom.
Have to buy a new walking bull this spring.

ZNT

These are the bulls we used on our cows this fall to calve next fall.

GVC Suh
ZNT Montego Bay
SZH Deuces are Wild (Sooner x Jazz)
CMAC Hardcore
ZNT Triple X

DLD

Our fall calvers will be bred to Monopoly Money, Carpe Diem, Red Rock, Jazz Man, and Fringe.  Heifers I didn't AI this time - used our Duff Angus bull, who is out of an OCC Genisis son and an OCC Eureka daughter.  Cleaning up cows with a Monopoly son, and Pseudo - our Hereford marked Johnny Walker Red x line bred Cunia...

Our spring calves should be mostly in April, so I'll change my mind a few times before it's time to breed them. 

cowboybecoachin

Our early fall-calving Angus cows are bred to Payday, Eagle Eye, Bismarck, Lutton, Net Worth, SAV Potency, and Lookout.

We plan on breeding some of the late-fall-calving group to Sexed female semen from Payday and Eagle Eye in late January.

We will clean them up with a super Mandan (Angus) son out of a great Jennifer Ann Smith cow. And of course, our senior herd sire Coach 5040, who has sired some great show heifers.

We bred our clubby cows to Heat Wave 5, Thriller, Firewater, Orange Crush, Hardcore, Golden Child, Smilin' Bob, (I used what I had in the tank) and will clean them up with our Playmaker Angus bull (Coach 5040 (our senior herd sire T.C.Stockman x Scotchcap) x VDR daughter that was a great show heifer). He definitely puts an extreme front on his calves and can make them look "Angus". Lotta bone, however, makes you sweat the classification!

PWolfe

Our 2012 bull battery will be:

1.  Rumor Mill (Mercedes Benz x Irish Whiskey) ... TH and PHA Free
2.  Final Destination (Sooner x Hairietta)
3.  Predator
4.  Silent Knight (Predator x Pale Face x Cheap Trick) ... 2012 Denver Display Bull ... (If he is collecting sound semen by breeding season)
5.  Monopoly
6. Walks Alone

Embryo Matings:

1.  FR Magic 179 X x MCG Krystal 6Y (Goldstream 5T x Dabla) ... Old School ~
2.  Monopoly x Strictly Business x Full Flush
3.  BK Unlimited Power and Rumor Mill x Irish Whiskey

bryan6807

I will be using SS Traveler T510 on my OCC Missing Link and RBS Hot Shot heifers and I-80 on my GVC Maverick Heifer. the first 2 will probably be exposed to a OCC Emblazon son and hopefully the Maverick will be running with a CKF Ali son for cleanup.

RCF Farms

My Turn  or Walks Alone  to a Full Force x Harrietta x 1/4 Meyer  she's moderate and deep and hairy
Eye Candy or Monopoly  to a Carneyman x Draft Pick  Moderate and stout  needs more guts and hair
Dirty Hairy 2 to a Heatseeker x Jazz    Small to moderate    Long necked, good boned and hairy

I Have to 1/2 blood Northern Improvements that I am going to breed to DJ Salution

One reg. Angus that will get AI ed to Star Power or a Full Or Half Blood Meyer son,
but also thinking of Lautners Meyer 735  meyer x Irish Whiskey with sexed semen thought that might be nice!!

Cleaning up with a Kadabra X Ice Pick  Black Baldie