What is your favorite fair food?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Yummy (pop)  What is your favorite fair food?

Mine are the powered sugar waffles & the steak sandwiches at the Hardin county Beef tent!

also love carmel corn, cotton candy, fudge & oh heck- anything gooey!!!

Red (clapping)

knabe

i'm old school
sno cones
cotton candy
caramel apples
anything my wife has to get off my face or it's on my pants and on her car seat

cherokee1

Indian Fry Bread

and then those curly potato things that are really greasy and salty.  None of those for me this year!!  I am officially on the diet wagon!!

cowz

If you are ever at the South Dakota State Fair, and you are not on cholesterol meds, you must have a TUBBY burger....heaven with cheese and bacon!  ;)

Show Heifer

OK Red and DL, don't read this, as you might lose hope in my diet!
BUT.....

I love the hand squeezed lemon aid at the booth west of the horse barn at the Iowa State Fair.
I will not go without a cinnamon roll from the booth mid way to the grandstands along the main road each morning!
I can't resist a warm gyro sandwich with lamb or beef, sour cream, tomato, cheese and a shot of spice (whatever that is) after a cool night of walking around.
And my NEW favorite meal, the hot beef sundae at the Cattlemans !! Great food, good price and actually kinda healthy!!! If your ever at the Iowa State Fair, DO NOT PASS THESE UP!!!!! (clapping) (clapping)

cowz

Speaking of fair food that is yummy and drips with grease........Have you ever had the huge wad of onion string/ring breaded and is enough to feed 4 people??  Forget the sugar...give me the grease any day!

Attachments

• onion.jpg
    onion.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 222

shortdawg

During the GA Nat'l Fair I eat a grilled turkey leg, a roasted ear of corn, and fresh squeezed lemonade every day for lunch. Last year after the sixth straight day of this diet I broke down and substituted a pulled pork sandwich for the turkey leg.

red

now I'm getting hungry!

Does your commodity groups like the cattlemen's, sheep & pork producers have booths? We have all three used to have a rabbit booth but now all they sell is dounuts.

The beef sundae is great Show Hef, we had one at the expo. Really a full meal.

I also like the taco in a bag.

Red

justme

Elephant ears, funnel cakes, gyros, and french fries dripping with vinegar!

NHR

I never have money for very much at the shows but I do like the tamales in the Moncrief bldg at the Fort Worth Stock Show.

farmboy

NACHOS, FRENCH FRIES WITH VINEGAR AND SEASONED SALT, SWEET TEA, A NICE LOADED PIZZA, AND SOME FRIED CHEESE (LIKE A CORN DOG, WITH CHEESE ;D WHERE THE WIENER SHOOD BE) ELAPHANT EARS, BIG T SAMWICHES SNOW CONES, AND F COURSE IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY MONEY, JUST PUT SOME LUNCH MEAT AND BRED IN THE COOLER