what songs make no sense?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

This is based on the name those lyrics & the current post.

What song just makes no sense to you? To me America's Horse w/ no name tops the list. Everytime I hear it I go huh! Woolly bully also makes me scratch my head.

Red

cowz

Just about anything by korn.  (Sorry Zach)

AAOK

The BEATLES WHITE ALBUM was great listiening, but there is not one song that makes any sense

http://www.google.com/musicl?lid=s3iWKWt96xP&aid=RkjXfVobfdH&sa=X&oi=music&ct=result

farmboy

L ucy in the S ky with D iamonds

or i am the walrus, who was the walrus? i dont know lol who was the eggman

Who was the walrus?
In the booklet that accompanies the Magical Mystery Tour album, "I Am the Walrus" is given the subtitle (in small print) "'No you're not!' said Little Nicola." The 1968 Beatles song "Glass Onion", written by Lennon, and featured on the White Album, refers to earlier Beatles compositions. Referring to "I Am the Walrus", Lennon sings, "Here's another clue for you all, the walrus was Paul."

In the 1980 Playboy interview, John responded to the confusion:

"I threw the line in — 'the Walrus was Paul' — just to confuse everybody a bit more. And I thought 'Walrus' has now become me, meaning 'I am the one.' Only it didn't mean that in this song."

Lennon also comments in The Beatles Anthology that he wrote the song at a point when the band was beginning to fall apart, and he hoped that by inserting this line in combination with "I told you 'bout the walrus and me man, you know that we're as close as can be man", he could begin to patch things up with the band.

Lennon said that the fact that McCartney was dressed as a walrus on the cover of the Beatles' Magical Mystery Tour LP inspired the line. Also, Lennon himself was dressed as a walrus in the music video for "I Am the Walrus", instead of Paul who is wearing a hippopotamus costume.

Paul also responded to the lyric in an interview broadcast on a Beatles documentary on WYNY 1981:

"[John] happened to have a line go 'the walrus was Paul' and we had a great giggle to say 'yeah, let's do that,' because everybody's gonna read into it and go crackers cause they all thought that John was the walrus."
On Lennon's 1970 solo album Plastic Ono Band, the song "God" contains the lines "I was the walrus, but now I'm John."

[edit] Who was the Eggman?
Eric Burdon, lead singer of The Animals, is claimed by some to be the 'Eggman'. The reason for this is that Burdon was known as 'Eggs' to his friends, originating from his fondness for breaking eggs over naked girls. Burdon's biography mentions such an affair taking place in the presence of John Lennon, who shouted "Go on, go get it, Eggman..."[11]

knabe

i used to substitute "the eight man" for eggman.

great little song, i'll try and find it

here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVtHX4Jf10s

aj

I always confused about the guy helping jerimiah the bull frog drink his wine.

6M Ranch

Anything by the Beatles.  I hate the Beatles.  Maybe not the right place, but Miley and her dad(boyfriend?).  That relationship seems odd to me.

BIGTEX

6M Ranch said:
Anything by the Beatles.  I hate the Beatles.  Maybe not the right place, but Miley and her dad(boyfriend?).  That relationship seems odd to me.

You hate the Beatles? I've never heard that before. ??? <alien>

justintime

I heard a song a while ago that made me laugh.. a country song named " I am so miserable without you, it is almost like you were here"

ELBEE

justintime said:
I heard a song a while ago that made me laugh.. a country song named " I am so miserable without you, it is almost like you were here"

Now that line is going in my book of Cowboy logic!

<cowboy>

bcosu

pepper by the butthole surfers.
weird song by a weird band.  ???

the weezer songs make sense but they are normally kind of goofy. maybe that's why i love their music. :D

AAOK

6M Ranch said:

I can't believe this!  How could anyone not like the group that changed the world (for the better).  Sure, lots of songs with goofy lyrics, but still great music.  The Beatles' Rubber Soul album is probably the best music ever in one collection.

BIGTEX

AAOK said:
6M Ranch said:

I can't believe this!  How could anyone not like the group that changed the world (for the better).  Sure, lots of songs with goofy lyrics, but still great music.  The Beatles' Rubber Soul album is probably the best music ever in one collection.

I have more Beatles songs on my iPod than any other artist. I will have to say hating the Beatles is an original thought!

frostback

6M Ranch said:
Anything by the Beatles.  I hate the Beatles. 
I have to back you up on this one. I cant stand the Beatles. I am throwing a huge blank but Mick Jagger and his group would not be a band I would  walk across the street to see either.

knabe

frostback said:
6M Ranch said:
Anything by the Beatles.  I hate the Beatles. 
I have to back you up on this one. I cant stand the Beatles. I am throwing a huge blank but Mick Jagger and his group would not be a band I would  walk across the street to see either.

a third vote.  never liked them either, or the stones.  to me, they both codified shallowness and stenosis of the brain and was the beginning of the end for education.  in high school, our english lit teacher had us select a song from led zeppelin IV for a report.  some of the kids were smoking pot with her and another teacher that was teaching history.  what a joke.  restraint was not an ethos.