What to flush to?

Help Support Steer Planet:

showsteerdlux

flacowman said:
I know ABS has him, the other services I don't know about.  He's an IN FOCUS son.  I can also call one of the owners if anyone can't find semen they want.  I'm not sure about sexed semen on him though.
Not trying to steal the thread, but does he breed like his dad? A lot of people I know dumped out all their In Focus semen, and the calves were consistently crappy. I hadn't seen anything out of him that I have ever liked is the reason I ask what he does phenotypically. Also I'm surprised ya'll use those genetics in Florida, everything I'd seen couldn't shed out if they had to.

flacowman

I have seen Future calves from all over and he far and away beats his dad hands down.  In focus did his job when ha made him because the genetics definitely improved.  I know exactly what you mean about in focus though...we had 30 calves off of him 2 years ago out of excellent cows and ended up selling them all at the sale barn.  Thankfully I sold my semen to another breeder before my calves hit the ground though so that was some salvaged.  All of the future calves I've seen have been very 3 dimensional, sound, easy fleshing, easy calving, big topped, big butted and nutted, and his heifers milk well and they work amazingly well bred to rito blood from what I've seen of those grand-progeny )(granted they
re '10 fallborns).  They also shed out well but grow a good deal of hair even here.  I saw Future himself in Alabama in July and he was perfectly shed n shiny.  I leased a heifer out out of him and she was the only calf to consistently beat a local friend/competitor's Grid maker heifer at local shows.  I'll try to find some pics and video of her from her last show.  I also think highly enough of the grid maker heifer that I bought her for quite a bit, pm me if you want the exact price, and have bred her to Future focus, surprise surprise.  After seeing him and his progeny coupled with his epd's i think the only reason he isn't the number one for volume sales is his dad.  ABS needs to push him, and so do Yon and Summerford for that matter.  Truly one of the best angus bulls I've seen in a while.

racekannon

I would suggest BR Midland, I have a dozen or so cows and they are the best.  Used him again last year and you can pick out the hiefer calves again against the Paydays( worry about maternal calving ease), Bismarks(need to calve a few). and Final Answer( need to calve a few).  The Midlands will show, beautiful udder, fertile, easy doing, good haired and really produce a show calve, He won't take any frame away,

furinsilex

THanks for the advice everyone.  Not really just starting i have a pretty good size herd.  But the reason i want femailes is that is what i have the best market for.