Where eat in denver

Help Support Steer Planet:

garybob

Just wait 'till somebody wins a show, or attend a sale. Always "freebies" at a Show. That's what We did when Block&Bridle National Convention was out there.

;DGB

Jill

cowz said:
I try not to eat on the grounds....have spent many a day warming my hands on a crockpot down in the yards! 

I have never been to Emil Lenes.  It is way out of town, kind of a pain to get to.

Do any of you from the midwest remember a fair vendor called Tubby's?   Back in the day, we loved showing at the South Dakota, North Dakota, Minn. shows because of a cholesterol bomb called a Tubby burger!
I think they were the ones that were always at the American Royal right outside of the building, if I remember right he passed away and someone else was there this year.

showcattlegal

I like the Place at the NWSS thats in the trade show building. They have really good prime rib, they are lil over priced, but better then the resterant at our hotel. It's a lot more money and not very good at all.

TJ

cowz said:
I have never been to Emil Lenes.  It is way out of town, kind of a pain to get to.

Yes, it is probably about 10-15 miles away from the Stockshow, so it's not somewhere that you would want to go every night.  And Yes, it is a pain to get to.  As a matter of fact, you would never dream of a successful restaurant being located where it is.  Also, you honestly will most likely think that you are lost & you may even double check the directions a few times right before you find it.  BUT, it is GOOD!!  I've been several times, tired a vareity of items & was never disappointed.  Of course, the last time was in the mid 90's & things may have changed.    It's well worth one 15 - 20 minute trip.  Oh yeah, be sure to try the House dressing on your salad.    ;)

cowz

For Gary Bob,

The most delicious, unreal, delectable, awesome beef I have ever consumed was a free smoked roast beef sandwich from the wonderful folks at Summit Crest Angus.  They feed the masses at their NWSS pen on pen show day for Angus.

chambero

The most unique place I've ever eaten in Denver is The Fort.  It's quite expensive and not all that great, but where else in the world can you order buffalo tongue.  I can say I've had it.

The Buckhorn Saloon is ok for an out-of-towner, but I'm sure there are better steaks somewhere elsewhere.

knabe

summitcrest angus are heavy testers of dna markers

i think a recent catalog had results for all markers, including FE.

check out lot 150 from their dec 3, 2007 sale under the genestar results link.

www.summitcrest.com

cowz

Telos said:
Where is the best Chinese take out in Denver?     ;D

Telos.....I had to consult a friend on your request:  Here it is in her opinion.....We would only send a chef to a 5 star!  http://www.imperialchinese.com/

knabe

telos,

if you go chinese, order orange peel beef.  it's deep fried, totally awesome.  i rate every chinese restaurant based on this one dish.

cowz

aj said:
The voo doo martini looks interesting to me at the imperial. ;)

Actually, the "Volcano" brought back college memories.  4 girls can giggle 4 hours after slurping one of those bad things down! 

red

just 1? Come on, fess up!
AJ, back in my day we could have had a blast. I have been sober for over 10 years now. Am one that just couldn't stop w/ 1 drink. Had to 12 & then I was dancing on the tables. Why do I confess too much here?

Red

cowz

cowz said:
aj said:
The voo doo martini looks interesting to me at the imperial. ;)

Actually, the "Volcano" brought back college memories.  4 girls can giggle 4 hours after slurping one of those bad things down! 

I failed to mention that the top of the volcano come to the table on fire.  You have to blow out the flames, drink the 180 proof rum that is now hot, then slurp down the punch part to cool down. Many a block and bridle meeting ended with a trip to the Chinese place for one of those! 

aj

I knew a guy who had a huge blond mustache I guess you would call it. I wasn't there but apparently he didn't blow the the flame out. Anyway he lost half of his mustache and the the other half was doused with a mug of beer.It caused some concerned moments there for a while. ;D

Latest posts