Where will you move to if...... (not cattle related)

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmymom1

???  Where will you move to if Barack Obama makes it into office?   Oommmm, I am thinking maybe Canada for me and my family.  I love my great state of Texas of course, but I sure don't want to be around when this great country of ours goes to He_ _ !!  I sure hope a miracle happens and McCain and Palin can pull it off.  I really am not too thrilled about either one of our picks, but I do know that our safest bet is McCain.  God Help us all!! 

Cowboy Up

I agree, as my dad said "Anyone who is that smooth of a talker is an instant red flag!" Neither one is really "Pro-Ag" but McCain is better than Obama.

Cowboy Up

As far as the VP's go, I know there is some controversy surrounding Palin, but to me, she seems like a genuine person who can relate to the "Common Person." Biden just seems arrogant, and acts like he is better than everyone else, but that is just my take on it.  :)

TPX

I am from canada and realize that some of you might not know but we are in midst of a election right now to,  in fact we vote on next tuesday.  I would  wait to see who gets in up here before you move here.  We have three major parties up here the conservatives which are like McCain and then we have the Liberals which a central partie and they are the party that scares the crap out of most people in western canada b/c they want to put a tax on all carbon that is produced which would meen taxing most business in western canada (where most people ranch) and giving it to the people in the cities like toronto.  So it sounds like both countries got there parties that some people have huge issues with.

TJ

My buddy is an ex Army Ranger/Secert Service.  He would rather live in a warm enviornment, so he has mentioned moving to South America & living near a beach that has coconut & banana trees nearby.  He talked about trapping animals & catching fish.  Also, said that he would hike to the nearst town occasionally to get food/supplies.  He said that he wanted a solar powered radio so that a huricane/tropical storm wouldn't sneak up on him.  As crazy as it sounds, I told him that if he moves, I'm going with him.  ;)    It's going to have to get awful bad 1st, but I seriously can see that happening over the nest few years.     

shortyjock89

TJ- If you go, I'm coming with you...your buddy will have enough stories to keep up occupied for 20 years....I've already heard some of em ;) things get crazy in Arkansas and Texas when you're THAT delirious haha.

red

I'm proud to be an American & will stay in my country no matter who wins.  <hero>

Red

CPL

red said:
I'm proud to be an American & will stay in my country no matter who wins.  <hero>

Red

Amen, we've been through bad presidents before and we'll get through this one if it happens. The notion that obama will destroy this country is bogus. I like what John McCain said in a town hall a few days ago. He was mentioning the attacks on Barack Obama and he told his whole room of supporters to "keep it respectful". IMO, you can attack his policies, attack how he is going to raise the capital gains tax, even talk about his past associations with ACORN, Ayers, Wright, etc. but calling him the antichrist, anti-american, etc. is in my eyes a flat out sin and it bothers me that I see so many religious men and women who are involved in that.

Jive Turkey

I'm a Republican but would not move for anything.

If you put an "R" next to his name you people would be in love with him.

It's sad how polarizing politics has become in our country.

Remember this, both men want what's best for our country.

Boy do I wish there was a 3rd major party in between the two b/c that's where I'd fall, I'm fiscally conservative but am pro-choice, pro stem cell research etc..

I don't like how the religious portion of the right has basically "hijacked" the party.

Jill

Agree with Red, we live in IMO the greatest country in the world and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  Say what you want, he IS anti-christian, anti-american, anti-white and if you put an R in from of his name I still wouldn't like him and  wouldn't vote for someone who doesn't respect our flag.

Jive Turkey

Jill said:
Agree with Red, we live in IMO the greatest country in the world and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  Say what you want, he IS anti-christian, anti-american, anti-white and if you put an R in from of his name I still wouldn't like him and  wouldn't vote for someone who doesn't respect our flag.

Again I'm a Republican but what facts do you have to back up your claims b/c those are some pretty vicious accusations for a guy running for president.

red

the negativity on both sides, especially Mc Cains, is really turning me off.
Was it Adam 12 that they said " Just the facts madam, just the facts"

Jive Turkey

red said:

Agree Red.

Don't know how you can call a guy anti-white when his mom was white.  Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

Also, don't know if any of you have heard of one of McCain's bus tours of Arizona during his re-election campaign in 1992 when annoyed by his wife called her a "c*nt" that wears too much make-up.

http://majikthise.typepad.com/majikthise_/2008/04/straight-talk-e.html

I like the guy but garbage like that is cowardly in my book.

You don't talk to any woman like that, especially your WIFE!

Jive Turkey

aj said:
looks like a real legitimate web lol

I know.  I had others but they had said word in the link and didn't think it was appropriate.

He was asked about this at a town hall meeting earlier this year and had absolutely no response to it.

dori36

red said:

Well, now I"ll show my age, Red, it was Dragnet and it was Sgt Friday who always said that!  (clapping)  As far as leaving the country if Obama gets elected, leaving would just serve to turn everything over to the Liberals like Obama and his little teeny bopper supporters.  Disaster!!  It's so important to not only vote Republican for the president, but also for any other Republicans running for Congress and Senate.  So far, we're not a dictatorship and it won't be easy for Obama to get his policies through Congress.  Remember that Bill Clinton "defined" Liberal when he first got to Washington and by the time he left, he could have passed for a left leaning Republican.  He got slapped down several times trying to put ultra liberal policies in place and ended up (other than his utter lack of morals) being much more conservative and a not-too-bad  leader than anyone would have imagined.  The scariest possibility with Obama for me is that he could very well have an opportunity to appoint a Supreme Court Justice.  Now, THAT could shape the direction of the country for years.  Ugh!

TJ

When my buddy was talking about leaving the country, he was talking about doing it as a last resort when / if things get really bad.  The truth is, it might only take a few years for things to get really bad.  Yes, this country is still a great nation, but it can go the other way very quickly & it's looking worse & worse with each upcoming generation.       

BIGTEX

You could move to Texas. Then we can secede from the United States and become our own country. Texas and Alaska are the only two states that can do this.We have plenty of oil, natural gas and nuclear power, we also have refineries... If we kick the Illegals out we would have tons of room.