Who thinks this is the same calf????? I am not impressed!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

steerjockey

What are your thoughts on this....there is 2 photos of a possible "promo" bull that I purchased this year taken in November on a cell phone...then we have a video that was taken when I got the calf in December...first of all besides the fact that he looks like a wretched piece of sh*t in the video there is obviously something wrong with him. I have inquired with the breeder about making it right and have gotten nowhere with them....just goes to show you must be careful who you deal with....I don't think I even got the same calf!!!! Im very dissapointed in what I was given...we sold him to the sale barn and his nuts were so small that they marked him as a steer! There is absolutely no value at all in something that looks that terrible and I feel like i got the short end of the stick!

Attachments

• downsized_1013001237b01.jpg
    downsized_1013001237b01.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 421
  • downsized_101300123701.jpg
    downsized_101300123701.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 468

steerjockey

video is on its way it is too big to load so I have 2 make it smaller first...stay tuned

knabe

did you take the picture on the cell phone?

if so, you should have taken hair samples, checked his tatto.

to me, both calves don't look that dissimiilar.

the calf in the photos way points out with his hind end and is fat and the video sort of confirms his narrowness, puddliness.

after they are sold, he was probably fed less?

depending on what's wrong with him, that might be a different story.

OH Breeder

knabe said:
did you take the picture on the cell phone?

if so, you should have taken hair samples, checked his tattoo.

to me, both calves don't look that dissimilar.

the calf in the photos way points out with his hind end and is fat and the video sort of confirms his narrowness, puddliness.

after they are sold, he was probably fed less?

depending on what's wrong with him, that might be a different story.

Looks like from shoulder and front leg it is the same calf but he was not fed. Or he hit a growth spurt. But he definitely looks like he was on a different ration because his condition is gone.

katie_k

i beleive he looks like the same animal. Like the others said just not fed out or groomed. that could be part of it

steerjockey

Well if it is in fact the same calf....would you not be extremely dissapointed...look how he holds his head in that video...he isn't right...

OH Breeder

steerjockey said:
Well if it is in fact the same calf....would you not be extremely dissapointed...look how he holds his head in that video...he isn't right...

I would be dissappointed as well. Seems a stark difference between the two. Hopefully this seller is not a prominent one and he/she will make it right. I would think if it is someone who does alot of business they would have at least given you a heads up when you came to get him. Anything I have sold has gotten better. If they had a hard time I wouldn't want someone to come and get them if they hit a rough patch and looked that different. That's just me though. I am always worried about what I put out there.

amss101

I'll be the odd one. I think you got the same calf sorry to say. I surely wish I had known he was getting ditched at the sale barn! Buy in person only if you want fat and fluff. We as a cattle community have got to learn to look at a green calf and project them on into what they will be.

mooch

Looks to be very similar to first calf to me  ie head shape, feet , general make up etc. If you wanted to go back and prove he wasn't right though, you probably shouldn't have shipped him until you had it all worked out or formally documented by a vet .

farwest

i don't believe it is the same calf.  How did he grow that much hair on his head in a month.  In the pics he was clipped.  I suppose it depends on what part of the country your from, but here in november these calves have their full coat of hair.  I don't think they would grow that much from there til december. Maybe in october.  Does he show any signs of being previously clipped.

MCC

steerjockey said:
He's skinny because he's blind and can't find his feed!

He don't look blind to me he looks like he's got something wrong internally like hardware disease or something. steerjockey, not being nosey or judgemental, but why didn't you turn him down when he showed up?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
time-to-show said:
I'll be the odd one. I think you got the same calf sorry to say. I surely wish I had known he was getting ditched at the sale barn! Buy in person only if you want fat and fluff. We as a cattle community have got to learn to look at a green calf and project them on into what they will be.

The only thing green about him is the color he's going to turn after he dies.

steerjockey

No I'm serious internally he is find heas actually blind we had 3 vets check hime out...that's what's wrong with him

GoWyo

Unless he grew a whole lot of hair in a month's time I don't think this is the same calf.  I would not expect him to be this shaggy one month after a nice haircut.  He looks like he has never been clipped at all.  I think you got hozed.

NSF

from the first picture i would say possibly the same calf, but from the second picture where it shows how big he is through his hip and how muscular he is from behind im not sure if it is the same calf. or if it is the same calf something went seriously wrong for him to melt down that bad in a month. he lost all muscle definition from the picture till the video. either way you cut it, i would be incredibly embarrassed to send someone a calf that looked like that when someone spent what i am sure was a fairly large chunk of change on him.

cowgirl864

i agree with GoWyo, look at clip job, wt loss & i'm not sure, but dos'nt he look shorter in the video also!! but you should have kept him until you had reached an agreement with the seller, proved with dna ect, blindness alone, he should have made it right! I would have

Diamond

I think they are the same animal, look at the second picture and the video at :25, just the way that calf is built...eather way I would be P!#$ about that. Nothing is more annoying then breeders who don stand behind their sales, I would be embarrassed to sell that thing. heck I took a feeder Angus steer back because he wouldn't stay in the guys one wire electric.

KYsteer

Definitely a different calf.  I have seen some calves go downhill fairly quickly, but the clip job is the key.  Even some of the hairiest calves I have been around could not grown out of a clip job that quickly.  I do not know how much you paid, but I would consider legal action.  Go to small claims court or if you are out a bunch of money then get a lawyer.  Either way good luck.