Who's got Wrestlers out there?

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakbar

Watch out, I live in a strong wrestling area and wrestler moms are no different than Palin's version of a hockey mom--Remember "pit bull and lipstick".  Ha, Ha!!

We tease the wrestlers that its an OK sport if you like smelling armpits and guys in tights and they shoot right back that basketball players just dribble all over the floor and keep losing their balls out of bounds so I guess we're about even.  I have cousins who have been very good wrestlers (3x State Champ in Iowa ain't too bad) but, sorry to say, I still can't really get into the sport unless I know the person wrestling. 

justme

Going to Leon, Iowa tomorrow for a meet with my son.  Gotta laugh...my 7 year old son wanted to buy his dad (who was a college basketball player) a shirt that said "Wrestlers have them...other sports just play with them"  All I could do is shake my head and walk away as he was giggling.  Needless to say I didn't buy the shirt but we had some good laughs

Show Heifer

I think wrestling is ok. But I do not agree with the dramatic weight loss that sometimes occurs. I know, I had a brother that wrestled and he slept in plastics, in a room that was about 90 degrees. He didn't drink, nor did he swallow the entire day before weigh in, let alone eat.  Do not tell me this is an exception, as I know plenty of wrestlers and about half go through a dramatic weight loss in order to wrestle.
So, if your a parent of a wrestler please keep an eye on your youngster and their weight loss habits.....

I had the total honor of meeting, speaking to and spending some time with Dan Gable, the best wrestler of all time, bar none.  Small dude he was, but I do not doubt for a minute he could whoop anyones butt regardless of size.... and he is what 60's? 

I have taken on his motto: Place the bar high... then raise it higher.