Wierd names for bars,cafe's etc

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

Thought I'd see if anyone had weird names for bars,cafes, or anyplace.The people on her are from small town usa in general.For example...bar names... copper penny,the wormy dog,frosty mug,shotgun willies,eats etc. Or even names of towns like punkin center, colorado  or paris texas etc. (welcome)

red

we have a bar named Skinnies here. In the big town of LaRue there is Coonies. A small bump in the road has the Blue Moon.
The funniest chain I heard of was Frickers.

Red

oakbar

There's one in Osage, IA named the "Tell You What"--I'm sure they've heard that phrase more than a few times!!

A gave a friend of mine(who runs a cafe) a menu once for the Roadkill Cafe--it featured entrees like "Poodles and Noodles" , "Chunk of Skunk", & my personal favorite " Armadillo Flatbread".  One very anal lady from out of town took offense to the menu so she had to take it down.  Some people have absolutely no sense of humor!!

shortdawg

Doc beat me to it but, the best part of going to the TN State Fair is riding by this place on the way in !

Attachments

• new file to be partially deleted 036.jpg
    new file to be partially deleted 036.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 576

linnettejane

we have one even better!  its called hillbilly hotdogs(you have to see this place to believe it!!!)  ...it became such a hit, that they have opened two more stores in the past year....ill try to catch a pic the next time i drive by....

aj

How about some weird band names...pott county pork and bean band.....or elk river bisquit and gravy band.

itk

My two favorite bars are the Salty Dog from my days of helping out at MCF, and Yackies in Beaverton MI. Go to Beaverton for Yackies stay for the Revival. Aj, stay away from the indigo girls I hear they are PHAC.

Dusty

There's a bar down in the lake of the Ozarks called Big Dick's Halfway Inn

cowz

Yikes!  We have a chain of cafe's called Gunther Toody's.  We have a town called Last Chance.  (ie: last chance for gas)

red

cowz said:
Yikes!   We have a chain of cafe's called Gunther Toody's.  We have a town called Last Chance.  (ie: last chance for gas)

fuel or the kind brought on by eating to many beans?  :p

Throttle

Worked a sale a few years in a row in what I am pretty sure is Red's neck of the woods. I thought that the bar names were funny because they didn't have any. In a town called Kenton we went to this hole in the wall one room place with a sign out front that said simply "The Bar". We lunched everyday at a place in a town called Alger known as "The Bar". I'd ask where to for lunch that day and the response was always "The Alger Bar". Food was good too! Also remember a town called Roundhead from that same trip when we went out to see calves at some place near Indian Lake. I wondered what the founder of that town might have looked like. There was also an Ohio town called Neptune. Would this be from the same general area as well? It has only been 5 or so years since I made those rounds but for some reason it escapes me. Maybe too much time spent at "The Bar"

Davis Shorthorns

we had a bar here just north of Manhattan that was called "the little bar by the lake."  Also down by Witchita is the town of Smilleyburg.

itk

Not a weird name but our farm is right outside of Randolph KS and when we were consigning to the "Front Pasture Sale" with Larry Carsten it was held right outside of Randolph NE. Just ironic I guess.

garybob

Dusty said:
There's a bar down in the lake of the Ozarks called Big Dick's Halfway Inn
There's a "Hooters-style" Steak House in Eagle Pass, TX, called "Booty's Grill" (named, I'm sure, for its' Western theme, not the waitresses).

GB

OH Breeder

Throttle said:
Worked a sale a few years in a row in what I am pretty sure is Red's neck of the woods. I thought that the bar names were funny because they didn't have any. In a town called Kenton we went to this hole in the wall one room place with a sign out front that said simply "The Bar". We lunched everyday at a place in a town called Alger known as "The Bar". I'd ask where to for lunch that day and the response was always "The Alger Bar". Food was good too! Also remember a town called Roundhead from that same trip when we went out to see calves at some place near Indian Lake. I wondered what the founder of that town might have looked like. There was also an Ohio town called Neptune. Would this be from the same general area as well? It has only been 5 or so years since I made those rounds but for some reason it escapes me. Maybe too much time spent at "The Bar"
You probably went to Royer's farms near Indian Lake, they have a website on Club Calves. The Bar in Alger is no longer. Roundhead- is Indian in orgin because all of that area was part of Inidan tribe. Kenton is in between Red and I.