Wow, Taylor Swift n/c

Help Support Steer Planet:

DLD

Well, I'm on dial up, so I can't see the you tube stuff, but help me out here... I respect that she writes her own songs, and I can appreciate the appeal some of them might have to the younger folks.  But entertainer of the year???  Female vocalist of the year???  Doesn't that mean she ought to be able to sing?  She's barely decent recorded where her voice has been mixed and doctored, but live she really doesn't sound good.  Except maybe for songwriting, she doesn't come anywhere near measuring up to Miranda or Carrie in any way...

Does she really have that broad of an appeal or can tweener girls influence ticket and album sales and airplay enough to make an entertainer of the year?  My 11 year old niece is ga-ga over her - thankfully,  my 10 year old daughter isn't...

kanshow

She sounded really bad on the CMA awards last night.  I couldn't figure out if it was accoustics or she just can't sing.  She does write her own songs and is pretty talented on guitar & piano. 

I do appreciate that she is projecting one of the cleaner images of those with fame.  I guess there are worse stars the young girls can go crazy over. 

farwest

Taylor Swift has never sounded worth a dang live.  I think recording they do a bunch of accustic mixing or voice variation, something.  But i'm still a huge fan.  I change the station when carrie the vegetarian underwood comes on, I don't care how descent it may sound...

SouthWest

I am glad Taylor won what she did.  Country music needs to open its door to some new blood.  She shows how boot, hat, sparkling outfits, or twang in voice is needed to sell records.  What you see is what you get.  I appreciate how she injected Americas teens into country music.  Teens know that country is not just dad and grandads music anymore.  Loved Zach Browns performance on The Devil went down to Georgia.  He also reached out to a new crowd.  Trying to bring more into country.  The band stage performance was great getting the crowd into it.  No hat or boots needed there.  They looked like a grunge band in fact.  There is room for the hats and the Rebas.  They are great.  But we need to widen our horizons to keep this music going. 

OH Breeder

I am a child of the 80's and when Taylor attempted to sing Pour Some Sugar with Def Leppard I cringed. She can not sing without a recording studio. When I want to listen to music I like listening to folks who can sing live or on tape. Faith and Tim always sound great and veggie or not, Carrie can sing. Taylor should stick to song writing. She is an excellent songwriter but not a singer. Just goes to show you what you can do with the right marketing kind of like some of these club calf sires. LOL.

SouthWest

She is an excellent songwriter but not a singer. Just goes to show you what you can do with the right marketing kind of like some of these club calf sires. LOL.

The Company the markets these bulls must have been the same that marketed the president to get elected, then Taylor to win these awards.  The New Orlean Saints should hire them so they can win the Super Bowl this year.

Simmymom1

SouthWest said:
She is an excellent songwriter but not a singer. Just goes to show you what you can do with the right marketing kind of like some of these club calf sires. LOL.

The Company the markets these bulls must have been the same that marketed the president to get elected, then Taylor to win these awards.  The New Orlean Saints should hire them so they can win the Super Bowl this year.

They are going to win the Super Bowl this year!!!  GO SAINTS!!!    <party>

Ohioteerchick

kanshow said:
She sounded really bad on the CMA awards last night.  I couldn't figure out if it was accoustics or she just can't sing.  She does write her own songs and is pretty talented on guitar & piano. 

I do appreciate that she is projecting one of the cleaner images of those with fame.  I guess there are worse stars the young girls can go crazy over. 
She just cant sing
I personally dont care for her, nor can any of my friends. She sounds like a squashed cat

shortyjock89

I think that songwriting is really important. Which is why I can't stand most of country and pop music. Makes me sick to hear songs about stuff these people have never seen or been through....I mean, how many breakups and love stories can these people go through.....

Not saying the music I like is superior, but it IS more real.

SouthWest

The same is said about Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, and many others.  Guess I'm just tired of the buckle bunnie trophy made up plastic looking twang hat grabbing women of country.  Same ol' same' ol year after year.  She just bring a different angle to country.  She went up against some huge names in country.  Strait, Urban, Chesney, and Paisley.  She had more record sale than all of them put together.  I guess that many people were wrong about her voice and talents also.  She was quick to thank them all since she opened a show for each one them in her past.  She was very grateful and thankful.  I wish that passes down to the teen country movement that is following her.  She is what she is.  You don't have to be fake to be country.  Besides, all the other women singers can't be that perfect.  Makes me wonder how much overdubbing or lip syncing went on there last night. 

glitter6m

I'm glad she won, and she sounded great live in concert when I saw her. Reba voted for Taylor for ent. of the yr, and I think Reba knows her stuff.

irh

She has not got a voice what so ever.  She won her award from all the little kiddies out there.  They need to start a new catogery for these new country singers, called yelling and screaming cause that is what little girls do.  Terrible excuse for a country singer.  Carrie Underwood has a voice and so does Miranda Lambert.  But to win entertainer over George Strait, come on now.Just glad I can pop in a good George cd.

irh

This girl got where she's at because of all the little girls out there, mommy and daddy buying the tickets to the concerts.  She is a poor excuse for a county singer.  Listen to the real country singers of the past, she can't sing a tune in a bucket.  Anyone with music behind them can tell she is off key.  All that I can say is thank God for my George Strait CD's    There are about four other groups and people that sang last night that should be booted out of country music also.  THE OLD POSSUM AGREES  George Jones has been voicing his opions quite often.

sue

So glad this is on steerplanet! I am not a fan of T. Swift's  voice but think it's neat she writes her own stuff.  I like traditional country and cannot believe Leann Wommack didnt sing last night??   I voted for George!

Taylor should have won tallest female country singer with pure youthful image and song writer

Jill

I guess to me she deserves entertainer of the year, she has done one hell of a job of marketing herself and has a following that is not only country, but every tweenie girl in the country knows every word to every song she has written.  I think giving her female vocalist of the year is a crying shame, she can't sing!

inthebarnagain

I may have the only 11 year old girl in the country who doesn't like Taylor Swift.  When she sang on dancing with the stars last week Caitlin went nuts about how she absolutely could not sing.  Her guitar teacher couldn't believe that she didnt like her either