wow

Help Support Steer Planet:

pigguy

i am watching Real time an dhtere is a lady going on about how cattle are the reason for global warming not jets or hummers. cows because all they do is belch and fart, and that is what is causing everything. she says you put 6-20 lbs of corn or soybeans in a cow, and they give 1 lb back?
D%#$ tree huggers (cow)

Turkey Creek Ranch

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]LMFAO

[glow=red,2,300][glow=red,2,300]All this amounts to is some dumb city slicker trying to blame something on people who earn an honest living by working hard.

Cattle actually HELP somethings. They fertilize the soil, which allows farmers to grow crops to feed these dumb city slickers. If it wasn't for us they wouldn't have anything to eat.

And on the note of feeding them 6-20 lbs of grain and only getting one back, isn't that a good thing in a way??? Less "pollution" to the environment.......and less crap to make those dumb city folks say "EWWWWWW"

Guess my main point is, These dumb people have NO CLUE how hard we work, and how vital all of us, our cattle, and our crops are to their very living. If it wasn't for us those dumb people wouldn't eat.
[/glow][/glow]

[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

afhm

Now that is a hard to read font.  Gave me a headache and a eyeache befoer I could get to the end.

Rocky Hill Simmental

That's just silly.

Cattle don't case global warming  (they might contribute slightly but everything does) but I know what does... cities with their smog, cars, and factories.It's annoying when people always want to blame something else other than themselves for stuff like that. Like perviously stated, cattle put nutrients back into the soil. They're probably just dumb PETA people making up more false statements so they can get people to stop raising cattle.

Seriously, people are always complaining about how much food is wasted on cattle but last time I checked cattle need to eat to live. Last time I checked, if they don't eat enough they get frail and weak. Same with vaccinating cattle, people complain about that too but if they weren't vaccinated they'd be carrying viruses and be wormy and thin. Not to mention, the human population is multiplying so fast that the Earth is running out of space to put them all and they all need a lifetime of food. Honestly, what will feed people more, a healthy muscular steer who has been vaccinated and feed grass hay and grain (last time I checked people don't eat grass and there's a lot of it) or a sickly little steer that doesn't get food or medience. A lot of city people these days need to use some of their brains before they start nagging about things they don't understand.

Rocky Hill Simmental

I was working on a report for my biology class and came across this...
http://www.emagazine.com/view/?3312
Some people need to think before they speek  :mad: Even if people did stop eating meat what would they except us to do with all the cattle? Kill them and let the meat rot or do they prefer them to starve to death because all the humans would be eating their food?... friends to the environment, huh?

It seems like everyone picks on cattle ranchers these days.

shortyisqueen

While I'm not defending the many ludicrous things spouted by activists who don't do their research (or who do and ignore it)!, I hate to hear all the blame passed on to those 'damn city slickers.' From have a few city-dwelling friends, I have found out a few things....Most city people don't know anything about agriculture or the cattle business simply because from the time they were children, they were NEVER introduced to it - like many of us are a little ignorant when it comes to how life is in the city, they simply haven't been taught. The downside to this is that the only argument they hear are the ones from PETA, because PETA has a considerable amount of money behind them (especially compared with agricultural organizations who could teach the city slickers differently).

I find most 'city slickers' are pretty curious when it comes to how things are on the farm. IMHO, The best solution to activists and animal-rightists are to teach city dwellers your side of the story as patiently and informatively as you can. I have met a few city-dwelling vegetarians who expected beef farming to be cruel,  inhumane, and environmentally devastating  - Once they saw how things actually were, they were not vegetarians for long. One even helped us wean calves last year!!!!  (clapping)

shortyisqueen

As a little ps, I think we need all those city people as much as they need us. I would not be in good shape if I had to try and eat all the beef we produce around here, and if not for all those people who don't do this for a living, I wouldn't have a job!!!!

farmboy

I remember watching a video for jr high made by the son of the founder of baskin robbins ice cream. Most of the blame for the health of America was emphasized on cattle. About how corn and other grains were used to feed the cows and how all the ground water under the midwest was becoming contaminated because of the cattle. When it comes down to FARM vs. CITY both will crash. Both need each other to function smoothley.
Farm makes the milk that the CITY drinks or makes cakes bakery goods cheese  etc etc
City has the money that farm needs to make products, and like ^^^^ said, We would have way to much meat and things to do with if the city wasnt there to consume them.

What it comes down to is the mass population beliefs AKA majority vote.
LEts say all the cows magicly disappear. POOF. Now lets let them plow the feilds and plant their carrots and lettuce corn soy beans etc etc. They plant on the pastures of cattle farms and will grow better but what about when winter comes. Then what will the growing population eat. You cant mass freeze vegetables.

Hollywood influences alot of people as well, celebs start this and it will not belong before the fall of the cattle...or will it. IDK

Something ive widley noticed in biased articles is the poor quality of cattle pictured, like the dairy pic in the emagazine thing. Thats what makes it biased. Lets put pics of the fluffed up cattle in their that look like a million bucks...

In the words of forrest gump, " thats all i have to say about that "

Mark_Forster

Playing the "Blame Game" implies that global warming is actually occuring.  The weather today is much cooler than two weeks ago, so maybe we are going into an unexplained cooling period.  Sure its been hot everywhere this summer, thats why they call it "summer".  Instead of decided who is causing it, shouldn't we ask for scientific proof, not just scientist consensus, on the matter.  Lastly, God created the planet, thus He will be what ends it, surely we can find more to worry about in the meantime.

knabe

it's pretty easy to find things that use methane.  alas, it's easier to promote an agenda on fear and distribution of wealth and guilt.  nevertheless, here's a link to something that closes the loop on methane.  the "debate" if there was one, is about post partisanship, where there is no debate, it's about being more equal than those with an agenda.  it won't matter what oldsters think or do, it's what our kids will do which is why the wealth redistributers focus so much of their effective resources in schools which are a captive audience and have the aura of accountability and moral authority that will undo capitalism.  it's why they don't care about anyone else, because they don't need to, and when this generation dies, it's over because the percentage of people who understand capitalism is less each year.  populism exceeds capitalism in almost every survey.

http://biology.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1371/journal.pbio.0020358&ct=1

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=517830

when "they" are confronted with facts, the straw man emerges.  at that point, i want to eat them and turn them into methane and complete the cycle ;D

jason

Lots of people with agendas out there that fail to do the proper research and will latch onto any information and present it as evidence.  I take a lot of this stuff with a grain of salt unless they has lots of unbiased research to back it up or I see it with my own eyes.