XBAR Should be his campaign manager

Help Support Steer Planet:

GONEWEST

Oh and I think those that don't come on here anymore because of xbar just couldn't debate him. So they call sour grapes and take the toys back to their own sandbox.

Funniest thing EVER written on steer planet  (clapping)  (clapping)  (clapping)

Except for a few weirdo shorthorn people this isn't a debate forum. These people come on here to learn, share and relax. They don't come on here to debate. But to say that they left because they couldn't out debate him? Funniest thing ever. Mickey Mouse could out debate him. What's his IQ? 120?, 125? and going downhill with every toke? Pffffft. He's a pot head loser.

Back to the point of my post that EVERYONE has gone off of. This was not a post about marijuana policy. As long as I don't have to pay for your way in any form or fashion I could give a rip what a loser who relies on ANY mind altering substance to check out from reality or "keep from losing my mind" does.  It is a post about how XBAR is has no credibility, like Kinky Friedman. Just another blow hard who makes statements on what ever the topic at hand is that are designed to get him the most attention he can extract from you. the comments of XBAR on the disaster in South Dakota prove that he is an example of the lowest form of human decency . He deserves no acknowledgement what so ever. He should have been banned with that other moron long ago.

Part Timer

Actually the guy that stole my equipment was a drug addict, what kind he preferred im not sure. The two guys that I held at gun point trying to get into my shed, you guessed it also using drugs. Drugs and alcohol had been found in the truck after they ran it into a tree just feet from a elderly couples house. I agree that both sides have a valid point. Not everybody will cross over to be a junky but I just dont see how any good can come out of legalizing marijuana. I dont think opening this can of worms will help anything. Maybe its the way I was raised but keep those people away from me and my family.

mark tenenbaum

Im surprised that pot is that big a deal anymore-I would think more people do coke-ectasy etc. I remember in my brazen youth WHEN EVERBODY MUST GET STONED YAAA HA.You could smell pot anywhere people were under 50. At this point-any income and street advantage taken away from drug dealers (along with the tax income etc) would be a boon to the govt(s)-where they could concentrate on the bad stuff,and the bad guys who push it.Jump off dtug and all the cliches or not-pot does not evoke the violence and wrecks,etc rgat alchohal and other hard drugs do.Its like the worn out gun arguments-if people want em-they"ll get em-if they want pot-or alcohal and on up the poisen chain from there-they are gonna find a source.Prohibition is a naieve waste of time. I see valid points on both ends-but I feel regulation would be good and bad. Good because the dealers would have a source of income taken away-Bad-because a pound of coke is worth thousands of dollars more than a pound of pot-making for a higher $ revenue per smuggled pound-ton-etc. O0

GM

I really don't see legalization of marijuana as a threat to society.  It might be a threat to big pharma, wood paper pulp, private prison, and alcohol businesses, but not society. It was cool and popular for the youthful baby boomers back in the 60's and 70's, but now it's more of an after thought to youth that are more into energy drink/alcohol cocktails, and/or pills, and or ecstasy, and/or coke, and/or whippets; which are all as easy/easier to get your hands on than pot.  Oh by the way those things can kill you; pot cannot.  I get where everyone is coming from, but time is passing the anti-pot argument by. 

And, i sort of see what you were attempting with you joke/point in the original post...but it was unnecessary and off base.

trevorgreycattleco

GONEWEST said:
Oh and I think those that don't come on here anymore because of xbar just couldn't debate him. So they call sour grapes and take the toys back to their own sandbox.

Funniest thing EVER written on steer planet  (clapping)  (clapping)  (clapping)

Except for a few weirdo shorthorn people this isn't a debate forum. These people come on here to learn, share and relax. They don't come on here to debate. But to say that they left because they couldn't out debate him? Funniest thing ever. Mickey Mouse could out debate him. What's his IQ? 120?, 125? and going downhill with every toke? Pffffft. He's a pot head loser.

Back to the point of my post that EVERYONE has gone off of. This was not a post about marijuana policy. As long as I don't have to pay for your way in any form or fashion I could give a rip what a loser who relies on ANY mind altering substance to check out from reality or "keep from losing my mind" does.  It is a post about how XBAR is has no credibility, like Kinky Friedman. Just another blow hard who makes statements on what ever the topic at hand is that are designed to get him the most attention he can extract from you. the comments of XBAR on the disaster in South Dakota prove that he is an example of the lowest form of human decency . He deserves no acknowledgement what so ever. He should have been banned with that other moron long ago.

You make me laugh. I guarantee I can work circles around you up there on your high horse. Pretty sure xbar isn't a regular pot user. Funny how you just assume he is because I took his side and he is not opposed to it. The facts in South Dakota are tragic but is he wrong? Less cows equals more price per. I'm not happy about it. It breaks my heart. That could happen to anybody.

What qualifies you as a know it all? What's your I Q? Are you book smart only or street smart as well. Life takes both. Why be so bitter? Why would anyone choose to leave a forum because somebody posts all the time? That's funny to me. It's a free country. But you see more laws and regulation as the answer. That's funny.

trevorgreycattleco

Is this just a forum to relax? Dies it say somewhere you can't debate?

"A few weirdo shorthorn people"

That's a funny statement as well. Isn't America about being who you want to be? Blaze your own trail? Be free? Speak
your mind?

comercialfarmer

There are at least 2 states that have legalized it.  Should it be a state question?  I think so.  I think most things should be a state question, and the federal government should have little to do with it. 

Is war on drugs making the federal government money- yes and no.  It is ludicrous to say that spending billions in high tech monitoring, weaponry, man hours, etc.... is actually saving any money.  They don't recover enough merchandise or property.  I know a few people deep climbing the DEA ladder and have talked at length about it.  We spend way more than we recover when you look at all that is truly spent.  So how does the feds make money with it?  Taxes baby.  Government naturally leads to more government and we justify the billions paid to fight the war.

If you want to legalize marijuana, why not make it any and all narcotics?  How do you decide what should and what shouldn't?  For those that believe marijuana has no effects, then why do you use it?  Any chemical that has an effect will have positive and negative effects.  There are negative effects if you are honest.  I can name a few just off the top of my head- it affects short term memory- fact, chronic uses causes depression- fact, and it can be habit forming.  It is the potential for abuse that controlled drugs make it on the controlled drug list.  The more habit forming, the higher it goes.

Why is it that we have had some of the most entertainment in the world, and one of the best standard of living but we have one of the highest rates of narcotic abuse?  It is not education or lack of standard of living- actually more discretionary income makes it more likely (discretionary important to understand).  Life is tough but not more now than 200 or 2000 years ago.  You can alter your outlook or alter your mind.  One will lead to a happier and more productive life, the other will land you back where you started from or possibly lower.  Your brain was designed with receptors in place to reward success.  An artificial high cheats the whole process and nothing productive is accomplished.  People seek out the artificial high vs the natural one and the behavior that accomplished it.  Society benefits from one and not the other. 

This isn't a simple issue. 

justintime

I have become convinced that if it was possible to remove all the products such as alcohol and drugs from the world, we would still see a portion of society on their front lawns with their foreheads on a baseball bat, going around in circles trying to get some kind of high. IMO, the answer to this question is no, it should not be legalized but I do think we should relax the penalites somewhat . No one will ever convince me that this is good for society. And for those who say they know lots of people who have used pot for years and none of them have never gone on to try other drugs, well, I think you must have your head in the sand. I happen to know many, including a family member who started using pot in high school and now has a serious additiction problem. I also know of many others in the same situation. Recent research has proven that pot use increases the incidence of mental disorders. Why do you think that many companies continue to do random drug testing of employees? In the oil patch, this is done routinely. A friend of mine manages drilling rigs in the oil patch and he says he generally loses about 1/3 of his workers every time they do a random drug test. He says this is the biggest issue he has, that being keeping clean workers and a safe workplace.

frostback

Does anyone know how long pot stays in your system, that shows up in a test, compared to alcohol?

Davis Shorthorns

frostback said:
Does anyone know how long pot stays in your system, that shows up in a test, compared to alcohol?
I had always heard about 30 days or so compared to just hours for alcohol.  Dont know if thats true.  I have some very good friends that smoke on a REGULAR basis they just know that if they have it at my place im going to be really pissed.  They respect me enough to atleast leave it in the vehicle.  I also know for a fact that all of them have at least tried harder drugs and will use them on a some what regular "party" basis.  That is a joke comparing tobacco to weed.  Come on man thats like comparing caffeine to weed.  I just don't see any real benefits to society by legalizing it.  Just like there are no benefits to society with legal alcohol. 

Shorthorns4us

I have been reading this post and now what to add a couple comments.

What did this Kinky guy say about South Dakota Cattle tragedy.  Does someone have a link to the statement?  My thoughts and prayers are with the cattle ranchers out there.  I have a small herd in comparison to South Dakota ranch standards but I can feel deeply how coming out of the house after a snow storm and finding my herd dead would feel.  It would probably bankrupt me.  I hope that all of those ranchers have good relationships with their financial partners and the banks are willing to work with them to get through this. 

Now, on the pot debate-- we have done some hard thinking at our house the last 2 weeks about substances that can affect your life-- alcohol, pot, drugs, lifestyle.  My husbands brother passed away due to the effects of alcoholism.  He wasn't that old.  I understand that this is America and that we can make our own choices.  He chose to be a heavy drinker.  He knew the effects of long term drinking would have on his health and life.  It did become "out of his control" in a sense when he did become addicted-- he couldn't function without it.  Where do we step in as a family and say stop drinking-- we could have "forced" him to rehab, but does that work?  Where is our role as families, and society to force someone to stop the behavior when it has reached addiction level?  I have been cringing everytime my husband picks up a drink over the last two weeks....

I have concluded that there are no easy answers to these behaviors that can harm us.  But, we can't live in a vacuum-- all behaviors can be argued to be destructive. 
EF

mark tenenbaum

GM said:
I really don't see legalization of marijuana as a threat to society.  It might be a threat to big pharma, wood paper pulp, private prison, and alcohol businesses, but not society. It was cool and popular for the youthful baby boomers back in the 60's and 70's, but now it's more of an after thought to youth that are more into energy drink/alcohol cocktails, and/or pills, and or ecstasy, and/or coke, and/or whippets; which are all as easy/easier to get your hands on than pot.  Oh by the way those things can kill you; pot cannot.  I get where everyone is coming from, but time is passing the anti-pot argument by. 

And, i sort of see what you were attempting with you joke/point in the original post...but it was unnecessary and off base./// Well put-more or less what I was thinking especially re pot being passe-The risks are the same for pot or the expensive designer drugs-and a trailor load of coke-ectasy etc is worth in the multi millions-so amaller quantities bring way more money easier to transport,more usage so more demand,easier to hide etc. O0

trevorgreycattleco

justintime said:
I have become convinced that if it was possible to remove all the products such as alcohol and drugs from the world, we would still see a portion of society on their front lawns with their foreheads on a baseball bat, going around in circles trying to get some kind of high. IMO, the answer to this question is no, it should not be legalized but I do think we should relax the penalites somewhat . No one will ever convince me that this is good for society. And for those who say they know lots of people who have used pot for years and none of them have never gone on to try other drugs, well, I think you must have your head in the sand. I happen to know many, including a family member who started using pot in high school and now has a serious additiction problem. I also know of many others in the same situation. Recent research has proven that pot use increases the incidence of mental disorders. Why do you think that many companies continue to do random drug testing of employees? In the oil patch, this is done routinely. A friend of mine manages drilling rigs in the oil patch and he says he generally loses about 1/3 of his workers every time they do a random drug test. He says this is the biggest issue he has, that being keeping clean workers and a safe workplace.

Show me this research that says pot leads to mental disorders please. I can also show you studies that state the oil made from cannabis can in fact fight cancer among other things.

Anybody suffering from a addiction problem is a addict. It's in the DNA IMO. They almost can't help themselves. I tried like hell to get my buddy off heroin. All in vain. We all tried to get him clean. Until the person with the problem gets tired of being tired, nothing will change. Sometimes a near death experience or some sort of harsh wake up call can work too. But nothing could save my buddy. He finally died. It was awful. I honestly think JIT is right. You can take all the drugs away and folks will still try to catch a buzz somehow.

For me personally, I have a very hard time sitting still. My mind never shuts off. I will think myself crazy at times. Pot for me just slows me down enough to relax. And it's not like I smoke all the time. Far from it. Moderation is the key. To me it's no different then having a drink. To much of anything makes you a idiot.

I appreciate reading the other side of this debate. There are no easy answers. Mountain man on here awhile back told me a tragic story involving pot that I'll never forget. But this is suppose to be a free country. And pot will generate a ton of tax revenue out of thin air. Teach your kids if you think it's wrong. Illegal or legal, it's here to stay. It's always been here. I personally would never just break out a joint and fire it up if folks around me were offended. I'd walk off by myself and enjoy it without the drama. :)

RyanChandler

Davis Shorthorns said:
vc said:
Of all the people I know who do smoke pot, not one of them has tried Heroin. How can you call pot a drug but not alcohol, pot is natural, like tobacco. The other drugs you are referring to are all processed (like alcohol). The addict breaking into your house to rob you is not a pothead, I have seen people who smoke pot go weeks with out and function, a meth head, herion addict,  coke fiend, or Oxzy addict, they will rob you for their next fix. I have been burglarized, I know what it is like, I will bet they weren't pot heads.
I am not advocating smoking dope, I just know there are allot of functioning, pot smoking people out, some could be your best employee, favorite teacher, judge, lawyer, or doctor. Should they be criminals because they smoke pot. I do not think so, as long as they do it responsibly, do not drive high, and don't come to work that way.

Lets get back to cattle shall we.
I never said alcohol wasn't a drug.  It is probably the most abused drug in the world.  I do partake in it.  Not all the drugs I mentioned are "natural" shrooms for one.  If none of the people you know never took the next step in drugs they are either lying to you or a completely different kind of drug addict than I know.  I have seen it.  Watched people go from pot to coke to crack to meth to etc... I have seen it all I have watched people ruin their lives with drugs, including alcohol. 

Shrooms are as natural as it gets - so is marijuana.  I'll never understand the disconnect between the 'ag types' and pot.  They should grasp the rudimentary process of plant seed =>crop grows=>cultivate better than anyone, yet they're likely it's biggest opponents.  All the people I know "have taken the next step." Its called - experimentation.  That doesn't mean they're bad people or are trying to escape some problem.  It means they're looking to experience depths of the mind that are unattainable sober.  With the exception of the sensi and few norcos when my knee is killing me- 3 ACL surgeries later- I haven't touched a manufactured drug in over 10 years. I have no desire to. "been there done that"  I've never stolen ANYTHING in my life; nor have I ever been addicted to anything- well, except for sports and cattle  ;) .  As with anything, there's a disparaging difference between sane use and abuse and it's up to the conscientious consideration of each individual to decide where that line is drawn.  Would you consider yourself an alcoholic because you drink recreationally? Of course not.  Then why would you consider someone that smokes pot a pot head or a drug addict just because in the midst of having a few drinks, they bust out the sneak-a-toke?  It's the inconsistency in logic that's unexplainable.  It's very apparent, at least to me, that the opinion of opponents is formed by some type of conditioned response instead of one based on rationale and critical thinking.  Gonewest is a bitter old man.  I pray God will place some tolerance in his heart- and that the personal prerogatives of others will no longer so greatly affect him.  It has to be disastrous to ones soul to be so consumed with the actions of others that your driven to such defaming dissertations on an online forum.  If you can learn to evolve, I assure you you'll be overwhelmed by the acceptance and peace of mind acquired when you truly learn to live. and let live. 

comercialfarmer

-XBAR- said:
It means they're looking to experience depths of the mind that are unattainable sober.

Those are your words, so let's try this thing you mention, logic.  What you are saying in more specific terms is that the active agents in marijuana have psychological effects on your brain and thus alter your mood and cognitive capabilities. 

So it would then be expected that your brain would either experience or interpret information from the environment in an altered form, and the decisions you made would be made with inaccurate information due to this altered interpretation of the world and the decisions you made will likely in themselves be altered from normal by the substance you have knowingly ingested, smoked, or absorbed. 

So you have made a conscious decision to make yourself less prepared to deal with any changes that may occur in the external environment, possibly leading to your acute or future harm.  And in most cases, when making this decision to decrease your own capacity, you place yourself among other individuals of lessened capacity of which you cannot control their altered actions and now you have less ability to react in a rational manner. 

Yes, that does sound genius there Sherlock.  I bet nothing has ever gone wrong with that plan. 

GM

commercialfarmer said:
-XBAR- said:
It means they're looking to experience depths of the mind that are unattainable sober.

Those are your words, so let's try this thing you mention, logic.  What you are saying in more specific terms is that the active agents in marijuana have psychological effects on your brain and thus alter your mood and cognitive capabilities. 

So it would then be expected that your brain would either experience or interpret information from the environment in an altered form, and the decisions you made would be made with inaccurate information due to this altered interpretation of the world and the decisions you made will likely in themselves be altered from normal by the substance you have knowingly ingested, smoked, or absorbed. 

So you have made a conscious decision to make yourself less prepared to deal with any changes that may occur in the external environment, possibly leading to your acute or future harm.  And in most cases, when making this decision to decrease your own capacity, you place yourself among other individuals of lessened capacity of which you cannot control their altered actions and now you have less ability to react in a rational manner. 

Yes, that does sound genius there Sherlock.  I bet nothing has ever gone wrong with that plan.

LOL...you could say the same thing about sex, alcohol, music, food, adrenaline, etc...i bet nothing's ever gone wrong with those plans

comercialfarmer

-XBAR- said:
Altered and suppressed aren't synonymous.

Yeah, the medical description doesn't say reflexes are altered.  But good try.  Impaired motor skills, paranoia or anxiety are described in a non-biased form.  It is what it is. 

comercialfarmer

GM said:
commercialfarmer said:
-XBAR- said:

LOL...you could say the same thing about sex, alcohol, music, food, adrenaline, etc...i bet nothing's ever gone wrong with those plans

Put the dragon back in the bag, or maybe you need it to function now.  It looks like your having trouble assembling a coherent thought.  Hopefully, your mind isn't so expanded, it will be able to shrink back to where you can have one.  If you do, catch it and hold on tight, really, really tight and then try to write it down before it escapes again.