Your Favorite Pair Of Boots

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowboy Up

I am looking for a new pair of boots. I have a pair of Justin's and Laredo's. I really like how comfortable the Justin's are, but I don't like the rubber sole, it seems like it wore out faster than the traditional soles. What are the best boots out there (within a reasonable price ($200-$250 Max)) that will last a long time, and are easy to take care of. Also, the pair of Justin's I have, I wear everyday to school, there are some scuffs on them I would like to get out, or try. It is a really soft leather, and I have been using the Bick 4 Conditioner. Any tips to help with this, please let me know.

Thanks,
CU

red

I love my Twisted X boots. They've held up remarkably well. I've wash cattle, stood on them all day & they clean up great.

http://www.twistedxboots.com/

Red

Eberth

Have 3 pairs of Anderson beans they are the best have a pair I wear almost everyday. One that I try and keep nice and a pair of ostriches for dress. They are by far the most comfortable boots I have ever had.

dori36

Ariats for me.  I have never been able to wear out the soles on the lacers.  For fun I wear Fat Baby's and Pro Baby's.  The lacers are built on a running shoe last and are way, way comfortable.

red

when I've gone w/ our niece to the quarter horse congress, I just about die over the color combinations on their boot! I mean hot pink, green & almost every color under the sun. She bought a pair of really green boots the one year. I told her just to give me my brown/tan or black boots!

Red

DiamondS

I love Ariat soles, but the tops never held up for me.  I have two pair of Twisted X tall tops and I LOVE them!!!

tadpole

Redwings for sure!!! They are the only work boot i will wear.  I have had a pair of Justin's before and they dont even compare to Redwings.

renegade

I wear my boots every day and I think the ariats are awesome - pro babys for me mainly cause I can ride in them easy too. But I had lace up laredos that I had for years that were really sturdy and the leather and soles lasted forever on them. I really like ropers now and crepe soles too but just cant keep from my pro babys. I havent spent over 130 on a pair of these

BCCC

DiamondS said:
I love Ariat soles, but the tops never held up for me.  I have two pair of Twisted X tall tops and I LOVE them!!!
Y'all must be easy on your Ariats!! here is a pair of about 4 month old araits

Calves022.jpg

Calves023.jpg

Cowboy Up

http://www.sheplers.com/mens/100_200/030102.html

http://www.sheplers.com/mens/handcrafted/036896.html

Right now those are the two pair I am looking at. Do those Ariat soles last? I'm going to be wearing these boots to school, and to dances, and sometimes on the weekends. What does everyone think....

renegade

Mine hold up and I wear the same pair basically everywhere but it doesnt look like diamonds held up well.

I think the square toe looks better than the pointed

Cowboy Up

Renegade, I'm not usually a fan of the square toes, but I LOVED the look of that pair. The only thing I don't know that I like is the soles.