Angus Bulls from Scotland

Help Support Steer Planet:

ploughshare

Iowa State has the bull.  Funny how ISU has gone from carcass to native genetics.  I have not talked with the them in a while so it would be interesting to see what they are thinking.  I can't believe they have a lot of grow to them.  TNT Angus included a few out of the ISU bull in their production sale about a month ago and they sold very well.  I am still hanging my hat on the current clean genetics.

kfacres said:
PRO... ISU u refer to, Illinois State????  We, at school, bred much with their, super moderate, old school promo bull...  Will be looking forward to their calves in Feb and March

the angus111

You might want to wait on using jipsey earl and gortachy boy.there is some talk that data is coming in with negative weaning and yearling weight #s.those who dont pay attention to epds ,i guess use at your own liking.i would think it is honest data. rusty

knabe

the angus111 said:
You might want to wait on using jipsey earl and gortachy boy.there is some talk that data is coming in with negative weaning and yearling weight #s.those who dont pay attention to epds ,i guess use at your own liking.i would think it is honest data. rusty

any idea on actual weights?  even if they are negative and they are enough, especially where one wants to downsize and if they are inbred, this is not unexpected, and also, i would want to see 2nd or 3rd generation before i would rule them out.  how sound are they?  lots of even angus with forward popping pasterns now.