Anybody Else Feeding hay in June?

Help Support Steer Planet:

GoWyo

Al Gore is likely not a nut, but he is in it for the money.  He stands to make a lot of money if he can convince the world to heavily regulate carbon releases.

Woody

In central MI I'm feeding hay along with my pasture. We aren't completely dry yet but there isn't much relief in sight. I figure the longer I can make my pasture last the better it will come back next year. Not much extra hay around here which is odd for this time of year. I hope all of you get rain soon.

rasor club calves

The hay is growing good but dries so fast. Usually we are lucky to get it in in 3 days. monday i cut 10 acres and and should have baled tues. but baled wed and it was breaking up

aj

xbar....blaming forest fires on white man and global warming is a stretch. I reckon there have been forrest fires in the mountains long before the republicans came to North America.

farmboy

I just so happen to be in Willow Springs Mizzou today. I haven't seen a sparse of green grass within 200 miles of the Mississippi

firesweepranch

Here is a shot of one of our pastures taken today. No rain in the forecast for the next 10 days, 100 plus day temps with 70's nights... unheard of!!!  :-\

Lots of towns pulling firework shows, and putting a ban in effect, No fireworks hopefully means minimal fires!

Attachments

• back home.jpg
    back home.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 413

aj

Several counties here banned fireworks. Wallace county Kansas released crp....not sure how the details work.

kanshow

Aj, is it released now or do you have to wait?    I was told that the request has been made here but it will probably not be released before July 15th because of the nesting season..  but I'd think all the eggs would be fried or boiled by now anyway.

aj

We are just north of wallace county....Sherman county. So I don't know the details. Haying.....grazing.......landowner looses no payments? Landowner loses one quarter payments? Seems like the one year of our seven year drought deal that landowners could use it for there own cows or let a neighbor on it. If the neighbor used it he couldn't charge rent for it. But this grazing would count as a treatment or what ever on the ground. I was spose to hay a landlords crp on the 15th. It was set up last winter as an alternative to a burning treatment or whatever.

obie105

We got about an inch of rain Friday night and a little bit more yesterday here in Illinois.  Can't really tell but the cows sure seem excited about the few shoots of green grass that tried to come back. Everything is brown my yard has more weeds than anything else.

RidinHeifer

Wish we could've gotten that rain in my area of IL.  Corn is drying up on some leaves after the 108 actual temp.  Just realized how short our beans seem.  I feel like they are usually taller by now but there's some that might be 6" tall if you stretch it out.  The only corn that looks normal is what got planted way early.  Otherwise the pasture is looking a lot worse than before I left this weekend.  Looks like we will be doing some fence moving in the next few weeks. 

Not a global warming person...the climate does hit extremes sometimes its just a cycle of changes...look at the ice age that was a big change, eventually everything will slip back into place...we have these years and they suck, part of the business. 

RyanChandler

RidinHeifer said:
It's not a topic open for debate.  It's fact supported by the most accredited environmental scientists in the world.   

So ironic that those that are always proclaiming 'blind faith', are always the first to refute the conclusion of our most credible sources.  To some, the earth will always be flat.

farmboy

Archlord Pie said:
107 ' (Missouri)  :(

The outside temp gauge in the car read 104-107 all the way to Kentucky on the way home yesterday. You guys got it bad. About 30 miles from Lexington we ran into a heck of a storm with golf ball sized hail.

nate53

I bet if everyone turned their ac's on high we could cool the planet down and if that doesn't work we would just need more air conditioner's (job creation).  Or maybe make 2 giant fans (I mean giant), put one at the south pole and one at the north and blow that cool air around (surprising Al didn't think of this or maybe he did).  Who need's God when man is so great.