Anybody Else Feeding hay in June?

Help Support Steer Planet:

everybreedcounts

not feeding hay in California until the cows come into the smaller breeding pastures. but then again its Cali Cali so that explains it  ;D

aj

Sold my wheat to early. Cost me 15,000$ or so......corn up 20....wheat up 20.....IF Alfalfa goes to 400$ a ton....is there a commodity(protein) that can save the day? I had a guy tell me he though about buying a semi load of protein tubs cause he thought their price will double.

johnmetzger

Here in north central OH we recieved 1.5 " of rain in the last 2 days. What a blessing. Hay fields are green again and you can almost watch the corn grow (90+ degrees). Just alittle late but will help alot. Hope all is well for everyone else.

RyanChandler

nate53 said:
I bet if everyone turned their ac's on high we could cool the planet down and if that doesn't work we would just need more air conditioner's (job creation).  Or maybe make 2 giant fans (I mean giant), put one at the south pole and one at the north and blow that cool air around (surprising Al didn't think of this or maybe he did).  Who need's God when man is so great.
Still subscribing to that hate rhetoric, I see?  May the god of love have mercy on your soul.

nate53

-XBAR- said:
nate53 said:
I bet if everyone turned their ac's on high we could cool the planet down and if that doesn't work we would just need more air conditioner's (job creation).  Or maybe make 2 giant fans (I mean giant), put one at the south pole and one at the north and blow that cool air around (surprising Al didn't think of this or maybe he did).  Who need's God when man is so great.
Still subscribing to that hate rhetoric, I see?  May the god of love have mercy on your soul.
 Do you and I have the same definition of hate?  
I guess I should have known that as soon I mentioned God that somenone would cry hate.  
Is the planet warming maybe I do not know.  But outside of going in a time machine and looking at the planet and recording temperatures since the beginning of time and having that data to look at.  No one can factually say that this not just a cycle, or anything remotely to do with man kind.  Man kind does not know what is normal, all we have is a brief glimpse of data.  Last time I checked all the scientist say that the earth is at minimum thousands of years old and most say millions of years old.  We know it was very cold at  one time, we suspect it was very hot once considering dinosaurs and the vegetation in that time.   Is man making changes that is affecting the planet ( sure we are I am not denying that), everything affect's everything to a certain degree.  I would say the disagreement is on the degree?  We can't look at 100 -200 years of data and think we know what is and what is not normal in the history of this planet.  

Here is a legitimate question why did the biggest deserts in the world form before there was a single car, single coal plant, etc.?   What caused the iceage?  (Theories) Don't get me wrong I think we need to be cleaner towards the enviroment, lets just be practical about doing things better and more efficient.  

I heard it was pretty hot and dry in the 30's, 50's, 70's, 80'?

To the thread:  We have not fed any hay yet, it is dry and hot here.  We got a good soaking rain last of April and then nothing till the middle of June where we got almost 3 inches.  Been any where from 97 to 105 here the past ten days, they say we got another 5 days of 100's and then a possible change.  We got a half inch of rain last night which was the first since the 15th of June.  We are a lot more fortunate than a lot of others.  Most are saying that the corn won't pollinate very well in this heat ( I hope they are wrong but I agree with them).  Silage chopper will most likely get some use this year.  JMO  No offense intended.  (Never do intend to offend anyone)

aj

Check out Altithermal period.....especially in the plains states in the USA. A warm up period from 9,000 to 5,000 bp. What caused this? I think man was here 16,500 years ago. Did man cause this warmup? Bp is before present(actually 1950) radio carbon measurement.

aj

Think I might wander into a conservation office today for small talk.........I do know that if they told me they would have to kill me.