Carpe Diem Is dead

Help Support Steer Planet:

sue

OH Breeder said:
The videos are very good. They did a fantastic job. VERY interesting set of bulls to watch on video. I like the video of the whole group together. There are several I think that could work alot of different ways. I am not affiliated with Mr. Black in any way but I wish I had time and reserves to go to this sale.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CollinsCattleService#p/c/503038660C4CDD83/1/SGJkn4gbA2M
We should go to the sale next year! I would love to walk through that program. Let's make a date .

outlawcattlecompany

I'm really glad I raise a Brahman influenced breed. There's no way I could afford to own a bull that would only last 3-6 years under heavy use. There was just a Santa Gertrudis bull that died at age 17, he was heavily collected and had multiple owners from Ohio to the deep south. Since the clubby industry breeds for terminal cattle I guess longevity isnt much of an issue though.

kfacres

chiangus said:
OH Breeder said:
Soehnlen Cattle Co. said:
I think his replacement sells in this years Cream of the Crop sale. A son, hes a Carpe Diem x Tiger. The first Herf marked bull in the catalog. Just a freak!

http://www.blackherefordranch.com/

wowzers, never seen a hereford look like that.

he's not really a 'herf'. just high % and marked like one.  Anyone know his TH status?

flacowman

there is a purebred herf bull "World Class" that is very much that powerful, we got some outstanding calves off of sim/maine heifers from him, they rivaled my heatwaves in thickness and were soggier

kfacres

flacowman said:
there is a purebred herf bull "World Class" that is very much that powerful, we got some outstanding calves off of sim/maine heifers from him, they rivaled my heatwaves in thickness and were soggier

where do you find out more info on him?

Till-Hill

Mr. Negitivity- with a goal of Negitive KARMA said:
simmyman67 said:
If they still have semen on him why does it matter that he's alive or not?
b/c that would be the biggest selling point on him.. a bull born in 98, and can produce like that, or so you say he produces.
World Class bar none best herf bull I have ever used. Heavy scale pounding steers out of angus cows, heifers were beautiful and turned into hard milking great looking easy keeping cows. Accelerated had him at one time and it would be worth getting semen on him again. Never had a feather neck calf out of him and he is way better than his son First Class.

twistedhshowstock

it would also be important because if he i dead there wont be anymore semen on him, so what is out there is all there is, if he is that good of a producer it may be hard to find or more expensive.