Charolais heifer- is she worth hauling around?

Help Support Steer Planet:

vc

That's great, congratulations, do you have updated pictures.

twistedhshowstock

Congrats bud!! Glad I could be there and be part of it.  For everyone that asked about how she moves...She moves good, she took a few weird steps before the the show, but I think it is mostly needing her feet trimmed.  This heifer got sick a few weeks ago, bad, and still stood second in a very tough class.  And as many said, I think there was a strong argument and she easily could have been reserve division, but i also see why he used the the heifer he did.  But this heifer has a TON of good in her, to me she is what a Char is supposed to be.  I say look out next year, heavy bred she is gonna be a beast.
Now B, quit nit pickin her, be confident that you have one hell of a heifer and cruise on along with her!!

chambero

Congratulations.  For those that don't know, these jr. heifer shows in Texas are really competetive and a 2nd is something to be proud of.

Bradenh

Thank you guys for the support and advice so far with this one, we are content with second considering the one that did win was better without a doubt, but she showed well for me and she seems to be recovering from the pneumonia and should be well on track by Houston

I don't have any new pictures but ft worth should post the show pics pretty soon and ill make sure to post the link or the picture itself, special thanks to twistedH, for being the moral support and calming agent for me and making sure we were ready when we went in there

(Fwiw: feet got trimmed today)

flacowman

Take her everywhere you can and show her as a market when there aren't enough Chars to make a show.  She'll do well for you in either ring.  She looks like the type that will soften and mellow and "broody up" the longer you feed her.  I would say that in proportion to her flank depth, she might be just a tick tight in the heart, but overall she is one that I would always turn towards the keep pens when sorting calves and she will do well for you in the ring and in the pasture as a Mama.  Keep us posted and I want in on the bidding war for her and/or any of her purebred calves that you may sell in the future.  (pop)

Bradenh

Bradenh

Major shows are done and as requested the final update is 5th at Houston, jack ward didn't have anything good to say about her but attached are some pictures from this spring - I'm sure i will bump it before majors next year- thanks for all the interest in her so far- this isn't the last of us

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 205

shortyjock89

Show stopper 95 said:
Major shows are done and as requested the final update is 5th at Houston, jack ward didn't have anything good to say about her but attached are some pictures from this spring - I'm sure i will bump it before majors next year- thanks for all the interest in her so far- this isn't the last of us

She's not really Jacks type bud. A little too round and powered up for him. Doesn't mean she's not a good one. I think she'll be a dang nice cow for you.

Bradenh

Well these are the updated pictures from the last month or so of this heifer, we have gotten quite the interest on her as a donor cow prospect. She has consistently been either first place or last place at every show since Houston last year, heifer has never seen the middle of a class. Figured some of you boys would like to see how she turned out, we couldn't be more proud to have her as a cow prospect for some of those slicking stout types only those Charolais can make! She never was the coolest show heifer but when she found her judges,.. There was no questions asked

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 200
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 168

Tallcool1

I liked her when you first posted, and I still like her.

MORE THAN A LITTLE BIT!

If she can find her way to the top of a class, she must move well.  I am guessing the guys that bury her say she is just too much?

Bradenh

Thanks for the responses, yes she covers her track at 8 months bred... She's a tank and walks slow as hell but she gets that track covered and structure is for sure a plus

When she gets buried we hear things like her being too different from her classmates, doesn't fit in the class well, too much cow for my taste, and in ft worth "this young man most likely felt like they had a chance to win the show today and I don't blame him but I just can't find a place for this female on this given class"- aka last place

San Antonio total opposite- judge wanted to take her and marry her.

vc

Friends of ours had a heifer that was the same way, the judge either loved her or hated her. She had a hard time matching up in a class as well.

Attachments

• 13-reserve-supreme-heifer-western-bonanza-jackpot-show (350x275).jpg
    13-reserve-supreme-heifer-western-bonanza-jackpot-show (350x275).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 169