Checking Cattle Pictures 2012

Help Support Steer Planet:

thunderdownunder

jaimiediamond said:
I have a video of one of the heifers I purchased last year as well as Diamond Nicola Susan's Yearling heifer. Both heifers were born April 25 2011. Both of these heifer are being posted because I like them. 

Northern Yara Candy 28Y by Diamond Winalot 37W
http://youtu.be/hoXAcmTgZvw
Diamond Ysabella Susan 51Y by Diamond Prophecy 21P
http://youtu.be/0bOj9_oBLi4

Love 28Y!! ;D Is she for sale?

kfacres

jaimiediamond said:
Jody I don't think anyone asked if they were for sale. With that said I like the white Candyman heifer she is pretty sweet.

which one, there is two white heifers shown, and two almost white heifers shown that are daughters of the white candyman bull.

Going to guess you like the march... she's pretty neat...

thunderdownunder

outspoken said:
jaimiediamond said:
Jody I don't think anyone asked if they were for sale. With that said I like the white Candyman heifer she is pretty sweet.

which one, there is two white heifers shown, and two almost white heifers shown that are daughters of the white candyman bull.

I'd imagine she's talking about the picture labelled "Candyman dtr"

jaimiediamond

thunderdownunder said:
outspoken said:
jaimiediamond said:

I'd imagine she's talking about the picture labelled "Candyman dtr"

Definitely that one :)

jaimiediamond

Some more heifers

Herbourne BGG Maisie 15Y by Birdtail G Gus 1W out of Herbourne HB Maisie 28T born April 11 2011 Jacqueline purchased this heifer from the stalls of Agribition where she was shown on dam.  Herbourne Shorthorns are located in MB an we are pleased to have added their genetics to our program

Frimley Bling Maid 22Y by Star P Matrix 4N out of Frimley Reba Maid 3R born February 19 2011.  Bling came back from Saskatchewan from Hilltop  she is a result of our share program.  She perhaps is the most wild coloured Shorthorn I have ever seen so needless to say Mum loves her!  On the left side of the picture you can see Diamond Ysabella Susan 51Y who is Diamond Nicola Susan 23N's first natural daughter.  

Modified to add

Diamond Yona Maid 38Y by Diamond Temperature Rising 28T out of Diamond Nona Maid 61N this is the second daughter we are retaining out of Nona who has been one of our most popular donor cows. 

The next 2 pictures are Newbiggon Jumbo heifers.  1Y is owned by my little cousin he is a 5th generation Stephenson Shorthorn breeder! Her dam is a Northern Legend 3N daughter Frimley Rosy Dawn 14R.  The second is a May yearling out of Diamond Mystical Susan 30M owned by my actual aunt and uncle :D.  Trivia time they were the breeders who imported Mandalong Super Flag, Mandalong Royal Ferrari, Mandalong Roany 51st, and Mandalong Roany 55th. They are the breeders of Newbiggon Jumbo who is a son of Mandalong Super Elephant and out of Mandalong Roany 51st.

Attachments

• HERBOURNE BGG MAISIE 15Y.jpg
    HERBOURNE BGG MAISIE 15Y.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 197
  • FRIMLEY BLING MAID 22Y.jpg
    FRIMLEY BLING MAID 22Y.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DIAMOND YONA MAID 38Y.jpg
    DIAMOND YONA MAID 38Y.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Dawn 1Y.jpg
    Dawn 1Y.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 144
  • NEWBIGGON YESSIREE SUSAN 30Y.jpg
    NEWBIGGON YESSIREE SUSAN 30Y.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 142

jaimiediamond

Diamond Nona Maid 61N by Diamond Captain Mark 27C with her March 20 2012 Diamond Prophecy 21P bull calf. Her yearling heifer is in the previous post

Frimley Warbride Susan 49W by Diamond Regal Legend 4R and out of a Diamond John Denver 1J daughter.  Warbride is turning into a stellar producer as her daughter Frimley Yolanda Susan 2Y by Matlock Red Sniper 1U is developing into a really nice female.  Her son by Glenford Captain 39X is looking very good especially with his April 14 birth date.

Last picture is of a February 11 2012 bull calf out Diamond Pleasant Dawn 12P and by ACC General 4U. 

Attachments

• Diamond Zulu 3Z.jpg
    Diamond Zulu 3Z.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Glenford Captain Bull calf 49Z.jpg
    Glenford Captain Bull calf 49Z.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 154
  • FRIMLEY YOLANDA SUSAN 2Y.jpg
    FRIMLEY YOLANDA SUSAN 2Y.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Frimley Warbride Susan 49W.jpg
    Frimley Warbride Susan 49W.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Diamond Nona Maid 61N and Diamond Prophecy bull calf.jpg
    Diamond Nona Maid 61N and Diamond Prophecy bull calf.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 171

vanridge

I agree with your mom about Frimley Bling Maid! Very cool  O0  Absolutely lovin'  Zulu! That is a nice lookin' calf  (thumbsup)

frostback

Love seeing the animal photos but the standing water in the fields, is just over the top,,,, mean.

Okotoks

Sorry about the water but it's in most of the pastures. This heifer is standing about 15 feet from water lying in the grass. This is a Diamond Urban Legend 28U daughter out of a twelve year old Circle M Ghost Rider 10G daughter.

Attachments

• Diamond May 9Z.jpg
    Diamond May 9Z.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 177

jaimiediamond

Thought I would post another one of our herd bull battery. 

Diamond Yardstick 29Y is working with a group of heifers which includes all of the Newbiggon heifers.  Yardstick is sired by Prophecy 21P and was born March 26 2011 out of one of best daughters by GAFA Captain MacBest 6G, there is a touch of line breeding to 6G. His dam is pictured below him at 11 years of age. Also pictured are two of his many maternal sisters

BYLAND EAGLE F58 X-[US]3807340-
  RB RED EAGLE Y2K X-[CAN]M469924-   
    RB RUBY 126TH X-[US]3814823-
  DIAMOND PROPHECY 21P X-[CAN]M470882-   
      GAFA CAPTAIN MACBEST 6G X-M466704-
    DIAMOND KALIKA BARONESS 28K X-[CAN]F674011-   
    DIAMOND FANCY BARONESS 23F X-F667600-
DIAMOND YARDSTICK 29Y  
    DIAMOND MACBEST 54B X-M462865-
    GAFA CAPTAIN MACBEST 6G X-M466704-   
      LADY'S CHARM 22Z X-F657061-
  DIAMOND MINNIE KAZIAH 40K X-[CAN]F674025-   
    CACTUS FLAT YEP 16Y -M460595-
  EMERALD MIRIAM 44A X-F656760-   
  EMERALD MINERVA 20X X-F649255-

Attachments

• diamond yardstick 29y.jpg
    diamond yardstick 29y.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 198
  • minniekaziah40k11years.jpg
    minniekaziah40k11years.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 131
  • minniesearle.jpg
    minniesearle.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 144
  • diamond minnie upperclass 7u.jpg
    diamond minnie upperclass 7u.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 169

jaimiediamond

aj said:
zulu looks to be polled!

Zulu is a polled calf.  I think he is one of the bulls that will be retained and used next year. 

aj said:
How does your share program work jamie? Is it a program for juniors?

We had a breeder (they have a lovely daughter who shows as well) approach us in 2007 about a share (lease) program.  We sent a good group of cows to their property that December.  We get to select calves each year with alternate picks.  This has been beneficial to both parties :).

I would like to add that I really respect and admire their program. Especially their current senior herdsire the white bull I have pictured below. They are great people, with great cattle and different genetics then what we would generally use an example is the roan bull pictured below.

ACC_General.jpg

Anwender_Hawkeye_sm.jpg

Duncraggan

Very impressed, you run a neat and very tight looking programme!  Am I correct in assuming that you run a 100% appendix free operation?

That 28Y heifer is an impressive animal, congratulations!  Or is it a result of superb selective/line breeding?  If I had a number of those type I feel I would have achieved my goal!

Duncraggan

C'mon AJ, it takes more than luck to get the consistency that you see appearing on Jaimie's photographs!

Duncraggan

I thought JSF Gauge was asterisk free until someone on this forum pointed out that he isn't two or three generations back!

Unfortunately, to secure the importation thereof I had already paid my money.  I certainly hope it is worth it!

Fortunately I am not too concerned, his pedigree is not riddled with questionable stuff, he is from a reputable outfit and has been bought by a well known breeder in Byland.  At least that is what I see from over the Atlantic!

jaimiediamond

Duncraggan said:
Very impressed, you run a neat and very tight looking programme!  Am I correct in assuming that you run a 100% appendix free operation?

That 28Y heifer is an impressive animal, congratulations!  Or is it a result of superb selective/line breeding?  If I had a number of those type I feel I would have achieved my goal!

Thanks for your kind comments :).  We are virtually an appendix free program, as at this time we have 2 females out of the entire group.  I had mentioned earlier that we have some females on shares; these two appendix heifers came from that arrangement.  The one is a yearling heifer Diamond Yummy Candy 58Y, and the other is a two year old Diamond Baroness 50X (she has a nice steer this year).

28Y is a lovely heifer that unfortunately I can't take credit for planning the mating that created her.  I purchased her last fall from Northern Shorthorns.  I am able to take credit for breeding her dam Diamond Taffy Candy 14T, as well as her grand dam and great grand dam.  28Y's sire is Diamond Winalot 37W who was bred by Dad (username Okotoks).  

NORTHERN LEGEND 3N
  DIAMOND REGAL LEGEND 4R    
    NEW BEGINNINGS GRACIE MAY 6G  
  DIAMOND WINALOT 37W    
      WINGFIELD HURRICANE 1H  
    DIAMOND KIMONA MAID 7K
    OA DIAMOND MONA MAID 15X  
NORTHERN YARA CANDY 28Y  
    CIRCLE M MARK'S LEGEND 9L
    NORTHERN LEGEND 3N    
      ELITE BUTTERFLY 3G
  DIAMOND TAFFY CANDY 14T    
    EIONMOR IDEAL 61M
  DIAMOND PARFAIT CANDY 22P  
  DIAMOND MOCHA CANDY 2M  

Attachments

• 37W.jpg
    37W.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 135

aj

captain mcbest on both sides of the one bull. A sign of a good breeder with diamond prefixes going way back. What is your blog site jammie?

comercialfarmer

Captain Mark's influence sure seems to carry through.  The side shot of Diamond Yuri Baroness 48Y looks a lot like the same type I've seen in many of the photos of his direct progeny.