COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJ

shortdawg said:
Doc, I guess beating the team that embarassed the team that embarassed you is a little peotic justice for us, huh ? Would you trade us for FL ???

Florida kills the Vols.  The Vols kill UGA.  UGA beats Florida. 

UGA beats Bama, Bama beats the Vols, the Vols beat UGA.

LSU beats South Carolina.  South Carolina beats Kentucky.  Kentucky beats LSU. 

Kentucky beats LSU, LSU beats Miss St, Miss State beat Kentucky. 

Miss St beat Auburn

Vandy beat South Carolina

Even Ole Miss played both Alabama & Florida close games.

What does that prove?  Anybody in the SEC can beat anybody else in the SEC on any given Saturday. 

BTW, 11 of the 12 SEC teams could become bowl eligible this year!!   :eek:  That is an insane number!!  Who says the SEC isn't tough???

shortdawg

Don't get me wrong, I like Ohio State and have seen them play in person a few years back. The fans were great and nice folks to be around. However, for the quote about them playing teams from the south - they are 0 - 9 against our South Eastern Conference. Georgia is 1 - 0 against the Buckeyes, a 21-14 Citus Bowl victory way back on 1-1-93.  (dog)

TJ

shortdawg said:
Don't get me wrong, I like Ohio State and have seen them play in person a few years back. The fans were great and nice folks to be around. However, for the quote about them playing teams from the south - they are 0 - 9 against our South Eastern Conference. Georgia is 1 - 0 against the Buckeyes, a 21-14 Citus Bowl victory way back on 1-1-93.  (dog)

Funny that was mentioned.  I've been hoping that I could see Kentucky & Ohio State play each other in a bowl game since before this season  got started.  Maybe it can still happen, but we will have to win out & they will have to lose at least 1, maybe 2.  If the Buckeyes wont workout, then Michigan is #2 on my wish list.  But, even though we are currently bowl eligible, unless we get this ship turned back around, we will be playing Ponduck U in the Great Alaskan Frost Bite Bowl!!  We've got to beat Vandy, Georgia & Tennessee to close out this season before we can even begin to think about playing in a decent bowl game.  We could win all 3 or we could lose all 3, IMHO.  It's going to get interesting over the next few weeks. 

jason

BCS for 10/28 according to The OT on fox

1. Ohio State 9-0 .976
2. Boston College 8-0 .956
3. LSU 7-1 .888
4. Arizona State 8-0 .849
5. Oregon 7-1 .839
6. Oklahoma 7-1 .792
7. West Virginia 7-1 .776
8. Kansas 8-0 .772
9. Missouri 7-1 .610
10. Georgia 6-2 .582

shortdawg

I've been thinkng about this BCS thing today and realize that UGA has a chance to be in a BCS bowl game two ways. If we beat Auburn and Kentucky ( We could lose both ) while TN loses at least one SEC game ( which could happen ) we would be in the SEC Championship Game with a chance to go to the Sugar Bowl again with a win against LSU ( or not ). We have done well against them and we have been waxed by them. The other way would be for us to win out against Troy, Auburn, Kentucky, and GA Tech - no easy task and TN win out. They would go to the SEC Championship Game and we wouldn't which wouldn't hurt our ( by then )# 6 or # 8 BCS ranking. That would put us higher in the BCS than we are now and almost assure us a spot in a BCS Bowl. The flip side is one loss would have us going to the Outback or Peach Bowl assuming it is an SEC loss. As you can tell I don't have much to do tonight. GO DAWGS !! (dog)

TJ

shortdawg said:
I've been thinkng about this BCS thing today and realize that UGA has a chance to be in a BCS bowl game two ways. If we beat Auburn and Kentucky ( We could lose both ) while TN loses at least one SEC game ( which could happen ) we would be in the SEC Championship Game with a chance to go to the Sugar Bowl again with a win against LSU ( or not ). We have done well against them and we have been waxed by them. The other way would be for us to win out against Troy, Auburn, Kentucky, and GA Tech - no easy task and TN win out. They would go to the SEC Championship Game and we wouldn't which wouldn't hurt our ( by then )# 6 or # 8 BCS ranking. That would put us higher in the BCS than we are now and almost assure us a spot in a BCS Bowl. The flip side is one loss would have us going to the Outback or Peach Bowl assuming it is an SEC loss. As you can tell I don't have much to do tonight. GO DAWGS !! (dog)

2 weeks ago, we were #7 in the BCS.  Now we are #28!!  :(  Amazing how much things can change in 2 weeks. 

Ruchian

To me it seems like the top 5 in the bcs should have change a little after the way BC and ASU struggled for a lot of their games.  It could change significantly next week with 4 of the top 5 playing other ranked teams including #4 ASU playing #5 Oregon

knabe

ask cal about how quickly things change as well.  college football this year seems a little bit like high school, with all the upsets, different playing styles.  no real juggernauts.  kinda suprised lsu got upended.  just seemed like they didn't take kentucky serious enough, then panicked and pressed.  seems as if the game plans are outrunning the ability to implement them, or that there are too many pro style coaches and not enough game planes tailored to skill and emotion level of players who can't seem to contain their emotion to within the play, rather than after it.  no real slugging it out like in the past, by in the past, i mean 60's, early 70's. 

gatorbait

Well congrads to the Dawgs wasn't expecting that. Superman was obviously injured but he still played like a champ :) Keston Moore LVP (least valuable player) thats the second game our lack of a up the middle back has cost the Gators though our poor defense sure didn't help in this game. Hopefully Urban's learned his lesson and will stop giving the ball to our fumbleback. Hope Newton gets better we sure could have used him to check in for Tebow on QB runs. 

shortdawg

Gatorbait, Our High School Football Coach is good friends with the Tebow Family and I hear he is a great kid. I know he is one tough dude. He was obviously hurt and it showed but remember when we lost DJ Shockley a week before we played you all a couple of years ago ? Sometimes things happen and it really hurts when you're on the losing end and you couldn't go to war with all your best men. Thanks for the congrats and good luck the rest of the year.

Ruchian

How 'bout my Ducks, another win on national TV, Dixon helping his Heisman push with a good game both running and passing and 4 passing touchdowns.  Also helps that Heisman front runner Matt Ryan had three interceptions in a loss.  Seemed like there wasn't as many upsets this week as there has been in the past weeks, except for BC.

shortdawg

Dawgs won again against a tough Troy team.  ;D (dog) What about Kansas hanging over 70 on Nebraska; I couldn't believe it. I remember when Osbourne and Co. used to just whip everyone but times have definitely changed. LSU just amazes me how they can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat so much in the last couple of weeks ( except for TJ's Cats ). I guess who they play in the SEC Championship Game will be determined soon. I hope we get a shot at them but TN is in the drivers seat ( for now ). Missouri has looked good this year, the Brown kid that plays for them is from my High School.

Show Heifer

Iowa beat Northwestern, which believe it or not, are developing into a good team year in and year out. One more win and Iowa will become bowl eligiable. Wow.
I love those Ducks!! Any male team that is called the Ducks has my respect!!!! Plus, they can play!!!
Where O where is USC...gee, has their boat been sunk?
Oklahoma game was interesting to watch....players seemed to be a bit unruly, but their coach quickly got that under control. Hats off to him!
And poor BC.....

My vote for heisman has to be Dixon from the Ducks, or that Hawii guy.

garybob

Show Heifer said:
Iowa beat Northwestern, which believe it or not, are developing into a good team year in and year out. One more win and Iowa will become bowl eligiable. Wow.
I love those Ducks!! Any male team that is called the Ducks has my respect!!!! Plus, they can play!!!
Where O where is USC...gee, has their boat been sunk?
Oklahoma game was interesting to watch....players seemed to be a bit unruly, but their coach quickly got that under control. Hats off to him!
And poor BC.....

My vote for heisman has to be Dixon from the Ducks, or that Hawii guy.
What about Darren McFadden?

Ruchian

garybob said:
What about Darren McFadden?

I think McFadden's chances are hurt by the fact that his team isn't ranked high like the other top candidates.  I think Dixon has a good chance because he is playing well and everyone is starting to pay attention to him and the Ducks.  Even though Dixon is the Heisman candidate and is playing really well, I think that Jonathan Stewart needs to get more credit than he has been.  He has 1142 rushing yards, 6.5 yards per carry, 10 rushing touchdowns and is one of the top kick returners, he averages almost 30 yards a return and no one is talking about him.

Ruchian

I looked and Stewart is 14th in the nation in rushing yards and only one of the players ahead of him has a better yards per carry than him.  He would most likely be up at the top if Jeremiah Johnson and Andre Crenshaw, his backups (Johnson is hurt), didn't have 300+ yards each.

shortdawg

Darren McFadden is one of the most exciting players I've ever seen. The Heisman used to go to the player that meant the most to his team so, could you imagine what Akansas would be without him. He's got my vote ! He not only runs for touchdowns but also throws a few. (dog)

TJ

This heisman race is too close to call.  I am glad that Matt Ryan & BC lost because I think that both are simply the products of playing against a weak schedule. Hawaii & it's QB, Colt Brennan, is the exact same story.   

I like Dennis Dixon & he might be the front runner, but I don't think that he's the best player.  McFadden, Woodson & Tebow are probably the top 3 players in the USA, but all 3 are playing against SEC defesnes that beat up on them week after week & that really hurts them. 

TJ

It was a great weekend for UK!!  We didn't get beat (we didn't play anybody  ;) ) & we also moved up in the AP, Coaches & BCS polls!!  (clapping)  But, the most important thing... we are getting rested up & healthy for our final stretch run against Vandy, UGA & Tennessee.  We did lose starting saftey Marcus McClinton for the rest of the season, but everybody else should play against Vandy.  I just hope that Keenan Burton is finally healthy... if he is...  ;)  ;D  8) !!  Also, the loss to Miss State might be the best thing that could've happened to us & we will now be more focused & hungry for our final 3 games & we wont have a big bulls eye on our chests anymore.   

gatorbait

Yeah we beat Vandy it was supposed to happen but you can't take anything for granted in the SEC. All I can say about BC is finally. They were the most over ranked team in the country and it showed. I may hate the Criminoles but people should give them more love than they've been getting. LSU-Alabama was a good game. Hope we show up to play the Ol'Ball coach next week. By the way did any of ya'll see the gator game after the big Tebow run to set up our 3rd  or 4th TD Tebow tapped is right shoulder and gave the A okay sign so hopefully we should see the old Timmy next week. ;D ;D ;D