COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJ

Is anybody watching the Ducks & Arizona?  WOW!!  Dixon threw an interception (receivers fault) early & then Arizona started rolling!! Shortly after the int., Dixon hurt his knee & after that, it really started getting ugly... Arizona is pounding the Ducks on offense & defense... I didn't think that was possible, even with Dixon out of the game!!  Right now Leaf, the back up QB, is getting taped up & worked on.  The Ducks still have time, but they better step it up FAST!!

I really hate to see Dixon get hurt & hope that it is nothing long term or serious.  Wishing him a quick & a total recovery!

shorthorns r us

don't you think for a minute that brothers stoops at az didn't have  a little help from the family in ok.  nothing bob would like to see more than moving up in the polls especially after his feelings on last years games against the ducks.

TJ

The Ducks finally woke up, but it looks like it is too little, too late.  They are down by 10 with 2 minutes remaining.  Oklahoma & Kansas have to be liking this!  I bet that LSU isn't crying any tears either.  ;)

Interception... game over.  Looks like another #2 team bites the dust!

Ruchian

I watched the game and thought that it was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen.  Since I am a duck fan most of the bad or missed calls I saw would have helped Oregon but there were also a lot of calls that should have been called against Oregon that weren't.  I was surprised they were able to come back at all with a beat up back up QB that doesn't fight the system.  It looked like Dixon was going to have a great game until he got injured and it looked like the Ducks were on there way to a blow out.  I am more worried about the injuries to Dixon and Stewart than the loss.

jason

TJ said:
The Ducks finally woke up, but it looks like it is too little, too late.  They are down by 10 with 2 minutes remaining.  Oklahoma & Kansas have to be liking this!  I bet that LSU isn't crying any tears either.  ;)

Interception... game over.  Looks like another #2 team bites the dust!

Yes, us Kansas fans are liking it.  I am a K-state fan at heart, but any success in the state of KS I will defintely take.  If we win on Sat., we will be the #2 team in the country and with the recent falls of the #2 teams, I am not sure I want that title yet. 

TJ

Jason said:
TJ said:
The Ducks finally woke up, but it looks like it is too little, too late.  They are down by 10 with 2 minutes remaining.  Oklahoma & Kansas have to be liking this!  I bet that LSU isn't crying any tears either.   ;)

Interception... game over.   Looks like another #2 team bites the dust!

Yes, us Kansas fans are liking it.  I am a K-state fan at heart, but any success in the state of KS I will defintely take.  If we win on Sat., we will be the #2 team in the country and with the recent falls of the #2 teams, I am not sure I want that title yet. 

If Kansas wins on Saturday, not only will they be ranked #2, but they will actually deserve to be ranked as the #2 team in the country, IMHO. 

shorthorns r us

TJ said:
Jason said:
TJ said:
The Ducks finally woke up, but it looks like it is too little, too late.  They are down by 10 with 2 minutes remaining.  Oklahoma & Kansas have to be liking this!  I bet that LSU isn't crying any tears either.   ;)

Interception... game over.   Looks like another #2 team bites the dust!

If Kansas wins on Saturday, not only will they be ranked #2, but they will actually deserve to be ranked as the #2 team in the country, IMHO. 

not so fast.  depending on what happens in lubbock the computers could like the sooners enough to get them into #2 in the bcs.  a good wins over texas tech looks a lot better than the shelacking ku should put on the cyclones.  the voters will probably leave ou over the jayhawks for now knowing that they will play in the big 12 title game as long as they both stay on track.  avoiding any other upsets, i say they will be lsu, ou, ku, mizzou for this week.

TJ

Congrats to the SEC - E champs the UGA  (dog)  (dog)  (dog) (dog)!!   (clapping)  Well, not quite... UK or Vandy need to beat UT 1st.  But, Vandy may do just that.  Besides, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LIKE OUR CHANCES AGAINST ROCKY TOP!!  Like my liking our chances matters.  (lol)

Shortdawg, GREAT GAME!!  It was a lot like I expected... it could've gone either way, but in the end the Dawgs D was a little too much for us & actually, your D was the only thing that had me a bit concerned going into this game, because I knew your D, especially the line, is very good!  I also knew that O-line is decent, but not great & we might have trouble.   I was really proud of our defense, but our O got a little sloppy at times & missed some oppurtunities due to penalties & not making plays.  Also, I thought that our playing calling was a bit suspect at times too & I wish we had gone to Locke on the ground & Lyons & Tamme in the short passing game more often.  However, a lot of our problems was simply due to the fact that the the UGA D-line was playing very well, they were putting extra guys in the box & they were blitzing us when they needed too, & all that was a bit much for our O-line.  Your team has come A LONG WAY this seasn, your team is very good & you should be very proud!!  BTW, this loss doesn't sting as bad because there is no shame in getting beat by an ELITE SEC team & that is what UGA is, IMHO!!  Best wishes beating LSU, even if it is a bit premature!!   ;)

Let me know what you thought... honest thoughts please... I sometimes wear my blue blinders & like to hear an outsiders point of view on KY...  even if it is a little harsh, I wont be offended & would like to hear it.  Thanks!! 

Doc

Shortdawg , I don't want to hear a word out of you.(ha,ha) I'll take a win any way we can get it. We finally woke up & decided to show up, but we really got a break with the roughing the kicker call in the 3rd qrtr. Congrats on your teams win today!!! Sorry TJ!!  GO VOLS!!!!!!! (clapping)

shortdawg

TJ, My babysitter fell through at the last minute and we didn't make the trip to Athens.  :( I listened to most of the game on the radio. I thought your team really played hard and were really in it until the end. I was a little confused on the play calling for the Cats as well. Woodson and the Coach Brooks were even yelling at each other one time. What was all that about ? You should be proud of your team; they have really come a long way over the last few years. All you can ask for is for your team to be competitive in every game you play. I am Kentucky Blue for the next 364 days and ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK against those " Vowels ". I will be in Atlanta for yearly School Board training until Sat. morning the week leading up to the SEC Championship and would like nothing better than to make the trip a few hours longer hanging out at the Dome watching UGA play LSU. (dog)

Doc

Hey Shortdawg, I know deep down you really like them Vols, it's been reported that you've been spotted proudly wearing that UT orange from time to time even.( granted it was when you were deer hunting but it still looks good on an ol' Georgia boy) ;)

TJ

shortdawg said:
TJ, My babysitter fell through at the last minute and we didn't make the trip to Athens.  :( I listened to most of the game on the radio. I thought your team really played hard and were really in it until the end. I was a little confused on the play calling for the Cats as well. Woodson and the Coach Brooks were even yelling at each other one time. What was all that about ? You should be proud of your team; they have really come a long way over the last few years. All you can ask for is for your team to be competitive in every game you play. I am Kentucky Blue for the next 364 days and ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK against those " Vowels ". I will be in Atlanta for yearly School Board training until Sat. morning the week leading up to the SEC Championship and would like nothing better than to make the trip a few hours longer hanging out at the Dome watching UGA play LSU. (dog)

I hate to hear that you missed the game!  You would've enjoyed it!  ;)  I knew that our defense would come to play today & they did.  Our defense forced 4 turnovers & held UGA to under 300 yards, but our offense just couldn't get the job done.  Going into the game, who would've thought that would've been the case? 

Yes, we have been competive all year & that is great for UK Football.  Rich Brooks has made us competive against even the Elite of the Elite in the SEC.  In all 4 of our losses, I can name 2 or 3 plays that were the difference in the game... even the SC & MSU disasters were the result of 3 really bad plays.  As long as we have a chance to win every game, that's all we can ask for at this point. 

UGA's defense is very good & caused us problems today, but I am scratching my head wondering about our offensive game plan.

Rafael Little clearly wasn't 100%, he was a step or 2 slow & ran upright, but he touched the ball 21 times.  ???  Derrick Locke only touched it 5 times, but had only 3 fewer rushing yards & Tony Dixon only touched it once!!  Little averaged 2.69 yards per touch, Locke averaged 5.4 & Dixon 5.0.  What in the world was Joker Phillips/Coach Brooks/Coach Sanders thinking???  Locke should have gotten more touches.

I don't know if it was a Woodson audible (I think it was a Joker call), but whoever called the shotgun draw play on 3rd & 2 (whether it was Joker, Sanders or Woodson) deserved to be chewed out.  :mad:  We have 3 very good fullbacks, why we didn't have 1 of them in the game on that play, I have no clue. 

To answer your question, I don't know for sure, but I think that it was after Woodson took a sack on 3rd down in the red zone, outside the tackle box & he didn't throw the ball away!  Brooks was livid & I was too!!  That play was pretty much the nail in the coffin.  BTW, whoever called that play, should be chewed out too, but Woodson should've thrown it away!  Woodson made lots of bad decisions today. 

RE Woodson... he's regressed bigtime since the Florida game.  I don't know if all the "heisman hype" went to his head or what, but he is making mistakes that he hasn't made since he was a soph!  After the Florida game, we were averaging 48 points per game.  Since then ONLY 18!!  Yes, we've played some real good defenses recently, but we put up that 48 average on teams like LSU, Florida, Arkansas, South Carolina... so it's not like we were playing a bunch of cupcake defenses.  Andre doesn't get all the blame, but he has not played well recently.  His throws are way off too.  I can't count how many open receivers that he missed today.  I almost hate to say this, but if Curtis Pulley wasn't red shirting, Woodson would likely be seeing some pine.  I could go on & on about the play calling, Woodson, etc., but I wont. 

Oh well... we have some things that need fixing before we play UT.  I just hope that Brooks can get everything fixed!!  We badly need to beat UT... not just to be nice to UGA.  ;)  I can live with 8-4, but I wont be very happy with a 7-5 season!!  Oh well, we should be as good or better next year.    ;)  ;D

DLD

It was a great day in football  ;D

Oklahoma State 45 - Baylor 14

Texas Tech 34 - OU 27

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

shorthorns r us

DLD said:
It was a great day in football  ;D

Oklahoma State 45 - Baylor 14

Texas Tech 34 - OU 27

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

to be honst. i wanted ou to win allowing bob barry to crow all week about the sooners being on their way to a national championship so that the pokes could have the motivaion to end it rather than tt getting the satisfaction.

DLD

SRU, I thought about that too. But, I figure we'd better take it where we can get it... (besides, if I had a second favorite team tech'd be it)

TJ

Boy, I just love these quotes by UK O-Cordinator, Joker Phillips    ::) 

Joker Phillips had this to say... 

"Rafael Little  - who started the week listed as questionable with a back injury -- didn't have the burst of speed he's known for".  Then he said... "We thought about playing (Locke) some, but by the time we thought about it, it was too late."

"It was too late"  ???  It wasn't too late until well into the 2nd half.  It was obvious to me in the 1st half that Little was a step or 2 slow & it became more obvous as the game went along.  How a college coach couldn't see that is beyond me!!  I mean even the Lincoln Financial announcers mentioned that Raffy Little didn't look 100%.  I just don't understand why Joker couldn't see it quicker!  :mad:  :'(         

shortdawg

What a game between LSU and Arkansas !!!!!! My prediction of LSU winning it all is now down the drain though they have been great this year. Darren McFadden is just awesome !!! He is the best player in America and deserves to win the Heisman. The guy can just do everything. He should be great in the pros.
    We have our in-state rival tomorrow with GA Tech. Tech always plays us tough and we will have a tough task to beat them. Then ......................................... who knows ? If TJ's Cats beat Doc's "Vowels"  ;D we will get our shot at LSU and the SEC Championship, if not then we should be in a BCS Bowl anyway. It's been one of the most exciting seasons ever in College Football with all the upsets and it seems like everyone had a chance at the Nat'l Title at some point during the season. Who knows who will win it now ???????? 

TJ

TJ said:
shortdawg said:
And back to my original question, who will win it all ?

If you are talking National Champs, as bad as I hate to say this, the most likely pick is Southern Cal.  They are loaded & return an insane # of players, & the PAC-10 isn't an overly tough conference.

Although I don't think that they will win it all, I do think that the Big East Champion is the other "most likely" to make the Championship game because that conference is very weak top to bottom.   

My next best bet to make it to the Championship game is the Big 10 Champs.  It's a little stouter conference than the Big East, but much like the Big East, the gap between the top & the  bottom teams is pretty wide.   

LSU will once again probably be one of the most talented, if not "THE" most talented team in the nation, but Miles seems to have trouble "getting it done" & as I stated above, the SEC is going to be absolutely brutal this year.  They may suprise me, but I think it is very likely that they will have 2 or 3 losses at the end of the season & that normally wont get you into the BCS Championship game, especially after they split their 2 games against Kentucky.   ;)   ;D   (clapping)   

I may not miss it by much afterall.  USC probably wont play in the NC game, so I got that wrong, BUT I did say that LSU probably would not make it due to the SEC being way too brutal this year (I was also wrong that they would split with UK, but at least we were 1-0 against them.  ;) ).   Anyway, if Missouri beats Kansas & Oklahoma then beats Missouri & that is likely to happen, IMHO, the Big 12 is out too.  Right now, if the Big 12 is indeed out, then it would appear that WVU & Ohio State might be heading to the NC BCS game & those were my #2 & #3 picks.  Sad, but it's true, the best conferences will not have teams in the NC game due to those conferences beating up on each other.   It will never happen, but can Kentucky please join the Big 10 or the ACC for football???   ;D 

TJ

shortdawg said:
     What a game between LSU and Arkansas !!!!!! My prediction of LSU winning it all is now down the drain though they have been great this year. Darren McFadden is just awesome !!! He is the best player in America and deserves to win the Heisman. The guy can just do everything. He should be great in the pros.
     We have our in-state rival tomorrow with GA Tech. Tech always plays us tough and we will have a tough task to beat them. Then ......................................... who knows ? If TJ's Cats beat Doc's "Vowels"  ;D we will get our shot at LSU and the SEC Championship, if not then we should be in a BCS Bowl anyway. It's been one of the most exciting seasons ever in College Football with all the upsets and it seems like everyone had a chance at the Nat'l Title at some point during the season. Who knows who will win it now ????????   

***News Flash***  A UK fan was suprised when he spotted an unusally large number of prison inmates picking up trash along the I-75 just south of Lexington WITH OUT SUPERVISION!!  He immediately called 911 & law officials were dispatched to the scene to investigate.  It turns out that the group was not a group of prison inmates picking up trash after all, but rather it was a large group of UT fans, wearing their UT gear, walking up I-75, heading to Lexington to watch the UK/UT football game tomorrow!!   ;)   (clapping)  (clapping)  (clapping)   

Sorry Doc, I couldn't resist cracking on UT's school colors.  As much as I dislike Rocky Top, I would like to wish both teams a hard fought, injury free game.  May the best team win...