COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

TJ said:
shortdawg said:
     What a game between LSU and Arkansas !!!!!! My prediction of LSU winning it all is now down the drain though they have been great this year. Darren McFadden is just awesome !!! He is the best player in America and deserves to win the Heisman. The guy can just do everything. He should be great in the pros.
     We have our in-state rival tomorrow with GA Tech. Tech always plays us tough and we will have a tough task to beat them. Then ......................................... who knows ? If TJ's Cats beat Doc's "Vowels"  ;D we will get our shot at LSU and the SEC Championship, if not then we should be in a BCS Bowl anyway. It's been one of the most exciting seasons ever in College Football with all the upsets and it seems like everyone had a chance at the Nat'l Title at some point during the season. Who knows who will win it now ????????   

***News Flash***  A UK fan was suprised when he spotted an unusally large number of prison inmates picking up trash along the I-75 just south of Lexington WITH OUT SUPERVISION!!  He immediately called 911 & law officials were dispatched to the scene to investigate.  It turns out that the group was not a group of prison inmates picking up trash after all, but rather it was a large group of UT fans, wearing their UT gear, walking up I-75, heading to Lexington to watch the UK/UT football game tomorrow!!   ;)   (clapping)  (clapping)  (clapping)   

Sorry Doc, I couldn't resist cracking on UT's school colors.  As much as I dislike Rocky Top, I would like to wish both teams a hard fought, injury free game.  May the best team win...
TJ, It might have been our fans out deer hunting also. Lots of time we do both from the side of the road. (clapping)

TJ

Doc said:
TJ said:
shortdawg said:
     What a game between LSU and Arkansas !!!!!! My prediction of LSU winning it all is now down the drain though they have been great this year. Darren McFadden is just awesome !!! He is the best player in America and deserves to win the Heisman. The guy can just do everything. He should be great in the pros.
     We have our in-state rival tomorrow with GA Tech. Tech always plays us tough and we will have a tough task to beat them. Then ......................................... who knows ? If TJ's Cats beat Doc's "Vowels"  ;D we will get our shot at LSU and the SEC Championship, if not then we should be in a BCS Bowl anyway. It's been one of the most exciting seasons ever in College Football with all the upsets and it seems like everyone had a chance at the Nat'l Title at some point during the season. Who knows who will win it now ????????   

***News Flash***  A UK fan was suprised when he spotted an unusally large number of prison inmates picking up trash along the I-75 just south of Lexington WITH OUT SUPERVISION!!  He immediately called 911 & law officials were dispatched to the scene to investigate.  It turns out that the group was not a group of prison inmates picking up trash after all, but rather it was a large group of UT fans, wearing their UT gear, walking up I-75, heading to Lexington to watch the UK/UT football game tomorrow!!   ;)   (clapping)  (clapping)  (clapping)   

Sorry Doc, I couldn't resist cracking on UT's school colors.  As much as I dislike Rocky Top, I would like to wish both teams a hard fought, injury free game.  May the best team win...
TJ, It might have been our fans out deer hunting also. Lots of time we do both from the side of the road. (clapping)

Doc, I think they just bagged a Wildcat.  I don't like UT, but want to say Congrats on a well played game.  You guys game planned us well & stepped up when you had to. 

Doc

TJ, Your guys really came back after 1/2 time & I was really sweating it until the fat lady sang. Good game!! It looks like Shortdawgs' team has it under control.  GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!  (clapping) (clapping) 

TJ

Doc said:
TJ, Your guys really came back after 1/2 time & I was really sweating it until the fat lady sang. Good game!! It looks like Shortdawgs' team has it under control.  GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!  (clapping) (clapping) 

The second half of todays game was the 1st time since the Florida game that I actually thought that kentucky played like we did at the beginning of the year.  We played awful, uninspired football in the 1st half, (ply calling wasn't so hot either), but we really woke up in the second half & played much better.  Both teams had several chances to win this game today.  UT finally made that game winning play & we just couldn't do it. My hat is off to UT for that.  That's also why they are 9-3 & we are 7-5, instead of both if us finishing at 8-4. 

BTW, LSU is pretty beat up after playing Arkansas.  UT just might beat them.   ;)

UGA is BCS bowl bound & since they probably wont play in the BCS Championship game regardless of what happens/happened, it may actually be in their best interest that they don't play next week.  Not only do they not have to risk another potential loss (although they might've won), but also they don't have to risk a season ending injury to any of their key players.  I know playing in the SEC Championship game is huge, but getting in a BCS bowl game is huge too!! 

The SEC-E is so tough this year that 1 or 2 or 3 plays per game was often the difference between the winner & the loser.  Top to bottom, we would kill the PAC-10, Big 10, Big East, ACC, Big 12, etc, etc. in head to head match ups, IMHO!!  In the SEC-E alone, 5 teams were ranked in the top 20 this year & Vandy is no cupcake!!   

shortdawg

TJ and Doc, Congrats on a hard fought instant classic football game. I would have loved to play LSU for the SEC Championship; but for me, I would have rather played them ranked number 1. We had a good year and tied for best record in the toughest conference division in College Football. LSU, TN, and UGA all ended up with the same conference record overall. I would love to play the games we lost over again now. We are # 4 in the BCS and the highest ranked SEC team. Not bad for a team that didn't find its true identity until the loss to TN. That loss probably ended up helping us as a football team in the long run. ( That hurt  :-\). I think we will be heading to the Orange Bowl and my guess is we will play the Big 12 Champ.  Good luck to all the SEC teams in their bowls and GOOOOOOOO DAWGS ! (dog)

TJ

shortdawg said:
TJ and Doc, Congrats on a hard fought instant classic football game. I would have loved to play LSU for the SEC Championship; but for me, I would have rather played them ranked number 1. We had a good year and tied for best record in the toughest conference division in College Football. LSU, TN, and UGA all ended up with the same conference record overall. I would love to play the games we lost over again now. We are # 4 in the BCS and the highest ranked SEC team. Not bad for a team that didn't find its true identity until the loss to TN. That loss probably ended up helping us as a football team in the long run. ( That hurt  :-\). I think we will be heading to the Orange Bowl and my guess is we will play the Big 12 Champ.  Good luck to all the SEC teams in their bowls and GOOOOOOOO DAWGS ! (dog)

Thanks, Shortdawg.  I am still sick over that loss yesterday & it will sting for quite some time.  :'(  I know what you mean about wanting to replay losses all over again.  All of our losses were in games that we had a chance to win or tie in the 4th quarter.  Not only that, but we will have to sit at home & watch a team that we beat in 3 OT's play a team that we lost to in 4 OT's for the SEC title!!  So close, but yet, so far away!!  My guess is that we are headed back to Nashville (home game for us) & we may end up playing Florida State.  I just hope that it is some decent team & not a cupcake!!  Maybe we can play in a warmer climate next year.

BTW, if you are correct, I feel sorry for the Big 12 Champ!!  ;)  However, I hope that you are correct, because that will be fun playing the national runner ups next year @ Commonwealth, with possibly an even better Kentucky team!!  ;) 

TJ

I'm hearing that we got a former Arkansas verbal to swtich his commitment to Kentucky today (DB).  Also, we had 2 Nebraska verbals (DE & OLB) visit Kentucky this weekend & things are looking good, especially with one of them, a top JUCO LB, who reportedly is no longer considering Nebraska!  (clapping)  (clapping)

shortdawg

AMEN Farmboy !! That's why I value the SEC Championships we've had b/c they ARE WON ON THE FIELD ! No pollster behind his laptop can have any say so when it's decided on the field! JMHO! (dog)

shortdawg

I found some interesting things when checking out the bowl game predictions for UGA.

Rose -  UGA - USC

Sugar - UGA - Hawaii

Orange - UGA - VA Tech/Boston College

I would have to say the one I like the most would be the Rose vs. USC  (dog)

shortyjock89

Looks like the Illini could make a BCS bid if either Mizzou or WVA loses, and if either TN or BC loses...if those things happen, we have a good shot at the Rose bowl..don't mean to steal your Dawg's thunder shortdawg, but you know I gotta bull for my boys in Orange and Blue on this one!!  (lol)

If we don't made the Rose Bowl, we should be in the Capitol One bowl for sure..still nothing to sneeze at!

shortdawg

I guess this is not exactly College Football but I'll post it here anyway. Our High School Football team ( a 3 seed ) won their 3rd straight road game in the playoffs tonight against the 3rd straight top 10 ranked team they have faced. We beat GAC near Atlanta, 34-20. This will put us in the semi-finals at the GA Dome next weekend and just 2 wins away from the State Championship. You just wouldn't believe the last names of the kids on that GAC team : Petrino ( Bobby's son ), Jordan ( Brian' son ), Atwater( Steve's son ), Southerland ( Brandon's brother - UGA FB ), Stubblefield ( Dana's son?), and an asst. coach with the last name Foxworthy ( I guess Jeff's son ). They were a well coached very disiplined football team but just didn't have the speed to stay with us. I am extremely proud of our boys efforts at least they get to play in the GA Dome since UGA didn't. Go Hornets and  (dog) (dog)

TJ

shortyjock89 said:
Looks like the Illini could make a BCS bid if either Mizzou or WVA loses, and if either TN or BC loses...if those things happen, we have a good shot at the Rose bowl..don't mean to steal your Dawg's thunder shortdawg, but you know I gotta bull for my boys in Orange and Blue on this one!!  (lol)

If we don't made the Rose Bowl, we should be in the Capitol One bowl for sure..still nothing to sneeze at!

shortyjock89... I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but some rumblings out of Arkansas suggest that the Razorbacks may be thinking about Ron Zook as one of their top candidates.  ;)

shortyjock89

That's not good...at least the mob of angry students won't have to walk as far...Arkansas is closer then Nebraska...the only drawback to having a coach who recruits like none other is that everyone who has an opening wants him...I guess we'll have to wait and see...

TJ

shortyjock89... congrats on the Rose Bowl bid.  But, that's going to be a super tough game playing Southern Cal in LA!!

shortdawg... your dawgs got hosed, IMHO!! However, I can see someone picking LSU for the title game since they lost 2 overtime games & they won the SEC Championship. 

We are going to be playing Florida State in Nashville on Dec 31!!  I absolutely love that match up & even though they aren't what they used to be, at least we can play a "name school".  UK's athletic director had been informed during the week before the UT/LSU SEC CHamp game that if UT beat LSU,  that UK would've been heading to the Chick-fil-a Bowl in Atlanta, Auburn would've been in the Cotton Bowl & Ark would've been in the Music City or Liberty, but that didn't happen. Personally, I like Nashville & I would rather see us play FSU instead of watching us in a rematch against Clemson. 

TJ

Just how hard was Kentucky's schedule?

How about 9 bowl eligible teams...  (South Carolina & Louisville)  It almost was 10, but Vandy came up 1 game short.
How about 7 teams actually playing in bowl games...  (Florida Atlantic, Florida, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee, Miss State & LSU)
How about 5 teams either playing on New Years Day or in a BCS Bowl... (Florida, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee & LSU)
How about 2 teams in the BCS...  (Georgia & LSU)
How about 1 team in the BCS National Championship game...  (LSU)

No matter how you slice it, that is one brutal schedule!!  And despite that, we still made a bowl game & I think that we should be even better next year!!  But for now...  bring on those Seminoles!!   

shortdawg

I guess the Sugar is a nice reward for a season's work. IMHO the SEC Champ should be in the Nat'l Championship game. I predicted that LSU would win the Nat'l Title and backed off after the Arkansas game but now I realize I was a little premature. The will be the Champs. I heard Robert Smith on ESPN say " we have a 1 - 2 matchup in the BCS Championship game but we don't have the two best teams ". It's flawed to some point. I agree the Nat'l Champ Game teams should win their conference but what about those who don't have one ? If the SEC didn't have one we would have been the highest ranked SEC team ( like Ohio State in the Big 10 ) and would have been in the dance ( we had the same SEC record as LSU ). Oh well !?!?! I was in an elevator in Atlanta on Fri. night with an LSU fan and I said " man we sure would have loved to be playing you all tomorrow " and he said " as an LSU fan I would much rather us play TN ". I think we could play with most anyone but we will settle for a date with June Jones and the Hawaii Rainbows in the Big Easy (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog) (dog).

Show Heifer

I would say "watch out for OH State"....but it does depend on the offical crew....different conferences call a totally different game....just look how the crew treated Iowa against LSU a year or two back....pretty bad when the CONFERENCE apologizes after the game for the awful calls!!!

shortdawg

Nine of twelve SEC teams in bowl games !!! Ohio State is 0-8 against the SEC in bowl games.