Denver Get Together

Help Support Steer Planet:

MYT Farms

Awesome, OFS has plans to try and take me to see more bulls than I can stand on Saturday morning. I'll be at the Phizer trailer at 2 pm.

shortdawg

I was there at 2 but noone I talked to knew anything about a get together .... So I went on up to the hill. I'll be around tomorrow and monday - look me up - I'll have on a red/black New River Cattle Jacket.

oakbar

I need to apologize to all the SP folks in Denver and I have to admit my mistake.    I went to the Pfizer trailer at 2:00--or at least what I thouht was 2:00--and I stood there for 15-20 minutes without seeing a soul.  I then went down to the Shorthorn Pen Show.  I realized about an hour later that my new Blackberry does not automatically adjust the time when you change time zones and I had actually been there at 1:00.  I did stop by there about 2:25 but I didn't see anyone around by then.  Sorry guys--let the Iowegian jokes begin.  Maybe we should set up an SP Lounge area somewhere near the show ring--it seems somewhere to sit down is always popular.  In spite of my inability to tell time, I did see several SP members in Denver, however.

I was also surprised( again) at just how many people there are who enjoy "lurking" on SP even though they have never posted a single comment.  I met several new people who recognized "Oakbar"  from SP---I guess I must post too often.  Several of them told me they are relatively new to SP(several came from other sites) and appreciate the fact that SP is more than just a site too "bash" others in the industry.  My response is that I think that's the primary reason SP is flourishing and the other sites are not.  IMHO SP has been( and needs to continue to be) a site where ideas and information can be shared(primarily cattle with a few other thrown in) without degrading into the negativity that seems to  lead to the demise of these types of forums.  Good job SP posters!!  To those of you who are lurking,  we welcome your input whenever you're ready!!  Don't be shy!!

blackcows

oakbar said:
 I realized about an hour later that my new Blackberry does not automatically adjust the time when you change time zones

I found out the same thing when I started using a Blackberry a few years ago.  If you search the net you will find this is a "feature" of the BB and there is not an easy way to change it.

Mike

justintime

I made a stop at the Pfizer trailer shortly after 2 pm and did not see anyone around for the SP get together. I walked down and watched part of the Shorthorn Pen show and stopped on my way back up to the hill, and did not find anyone again. I was looking forward to meeting quite a few planeteers that I had  not previously met. Like Oakbar mentioned, I met serveral SP lurkers who told me they visit this site on a daily basis,( or even more often) but they had never posted anything. I hope many of these people would consider joining the debates and let everyone know what they think.

Davis Shorthorns

Sorry, I too missed the get together.  I was asked to help some people with there pen bulls.  I also was suprised how many lurkers were around that recognised my name from here.