Dream Ranch Location

Help Support Steer Planet:

Where would your dream ranch be located?

• Nebraska Sandhills

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Kansas Flinthills

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Montana Foothills

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 46.6%

• Total voters

Cowboy Up

I have been thinking about it for a while, so I thought I would see what everyone else would do if they could build their dream ranch anywhere. I included my 3 choices, but feel free to include and elaborate on any of yours.

CU <cowboy>

ShowmanQ

Cowboy Up said:
I have been thinking about it for a while, so I thought I would see what everyone else would do if they could build their dream ranch anywhere. I included my 3 choices, but feel free to include and elaborate on any of yours.

CU <cowboy>

I think we have had a similiar thread a while back. I will try to dig it up.

BCCC

We own about 2500 acres of Nebraska sandhills, and it doesnt even begin to compare to the flint hills in the summer!

shortyjock89

I'll stick to the midwest...either Iowa, or right were I am is fine with me...plenty of good show cattle (especially Shorthorns) in central IL...close to Cates and some other big time breeders....

TJ

I think I'll stick with KY.  However, I wouldn't mind traveling somewhere south of here for winter grazing.  Spending Dec, Jan & Feb somewhere down south sounds OK with me.  ;)

rtmcc

We love southern Minnesota but at the moment, something warmer like Oklahoma sounds great.  Not looking forward to the -35 wind chills again tomorrow.

Jill

2 of my favorites are the Hudson Ranch on I-70, and the Ranch that sits between 50 and 150 outside of Strong City on the way to Hutch.

kanshow

Jill are talking about the ranch that is part of the park now??  I think that would be an awesome place.  I also like the one right outside Manhattan that is part of the Konza deal.

Jill

The one off 50 has the rock houses and I think is a Bed and Breakfast, it is an alfalfa production farm and the back side on 150 is the working part of the ranch where the cattle are, it is beautiful, might be part of the Davis property but I'm not sure on that. 
The Hudson Ranch as far as I know is still a working ranch although I haven't been that way for a year or so.

Cowboy Up

Probably my favorite ranch, scenic wise is Sitz up in Montana. Besides the coooooold winters, that would be an amazing place for a ranch IMO.

JbarL

30deg 17&#039; 11.73 N 81deg 35&#039;59.94&q
TJ said:
I think I'll stick with KY.  However, I wouldn't mind traveling somewhere south of here for winter grazing.  Spending Dec, Jan & Feb somewhere down south sounds OK with me.   ;)

i visited some friends in n georgia...dade walker co area....meet some cow floks there as well....and there place was "perfect" i thought...they were comming out of the drought, and the climate had been working against the whole souther area ...but the land is rich, the terrain is more than fair, and the climate i considered "perfect" for both man and beast....cold at times...but not sub zero stuff, and not long periods of mostly just inconvient weather. may not a dream size operation but for sure a dream operations and resource location....jbarl

aj

How about in kansas....about halfway between the experimental disease deal in Manhattan and fort Leveanworth(where the gitmo terrorists will be house)? That would be pure heaven I would think. ;)

kanshow

AJ!!!   That's where I live!!  I'm so excited I just dont' know which way to turn!

xxcc

Some of you know that I am in the Montana foothills, but I have often heard good things about the Flint Hills.  Can they wean 7-800 # calves in October that were born in February and March?  I only voted Montana because I know the local business, soil and environment.

yousesteers

Would like to build one about 4 miles from here always thought it was a nice spot there is a big hill on the back side of that farm and then it drops off into a bottom just always thought it would be neat to build a house in that hillside and have the cattle down in the bottom

justintime

The Alberta foothills have some incredible ranches. There are also some super places here in Saskatchewan. One of my favorite places is about 40-50 miles west of the Black Hills in Wyoming. I drive through there on my way to Denver and I am always impressed.... gently rolling grass land with tall pine trees scattered over the landscape. I have always said that the people who live there may be disappointed when they get to Heaven.

BIGTEX

Bob Funks' place (Express Ranches)is pretty nice outside of OKC. Stillwater, OK is almost perfect.