Favorite Bulls on display at NWSS

Help Support Steer Planet:

dmo102

1. Bojo- my favorite in the yards. The most structurally correct bull that lautner had his name on.
2. Howards Top Hat. The thickest purebred angus I have seen in a while.
3. Womanizer
4. Brian martins bull I thhink his name was copper penny
5. Cyrus

bluffcountrycattle

dcbehle said:
kfacres said:
3rd was the PB Angus owned by Praire View Farm, Kramer, and a bunch of others, can't remember his name, but he was next to R.R. trackes  in corner.

Can you tell me more about the Angus bull? I'm assuming he was clubby looking, but how about thickness, top, hip, hair, feet and legs? I'm also interested in sire/dam. My son is always on the lookout for what to breed his two females to.

Anyone help out here??  What is the angus bull in question??  Pedigree??

BCCC

I saw Wave good bye walk as they were putting him up and he deffinatly needs to be used on a super sound female.

I was also impressed with Bojo, he was super hairy! O0

TJ

One of my buddies was telling me that he was looking at the display bulls & saw what he thought was a Lowline Angus.  Being very interested, he went to check it out, but he said that it turned out to be an Angus bull & it was displayed by "Trendsetter Genetics".  This bull was named "Time Changer".  

He also was telling me that a "heifer pregnancy" out of "Rito N Bar" (born in 1960) sold for $44,000.  

It's great to see the Angus breed trying to "go back to their roots" & trying to become more like the Lowline Angus.  ;)  

Dusty

2 N-Charge pics.  

Attachments

• ncharge.jpg
    ncharge.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 304
  • 100_0558.JPG
    100_0558.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 378

RSC

Heres another picture of N Charge!

RSC

Attachments

• N Charge New.jpg
    N Charge New.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 491

Davis Shorthorns

My favorites were

1. TM GUS (should have heard the crowd when he won)
2. I liked most of Jungles bulls.( lot 8 sold to Select Sires first shorthorn bull for them in 24 years)
3. I liked Ivy League LOADS of hair and just a dang good looking bull. 
4. Lake Effect (what can I say free beer and coozys get me every time.  Wish he would have been there in person.)

Dusty

Houston

Attachments

• 100_0531.JPG
    100_0531.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 100_0530.JPG
    100_0530.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 282

Dusty

Babe Ruth..pretty good bull

Attachments

• 100_0549.JPG
    100_0549.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_0550.JPG
    100_0550.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 100_0551.JPG
    100_0551.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 214

dmo102

Bojo's dam is a glover donor by the name of buttercup. If i am not mistakened She is an alias out of a heatseeker cow.

TJ

Dusty said:

My buddy mentioned Houston as 1 of the bulls that impressed him.  Was surprised that nobody had mentioned him & now that I've seen the pics, I'm even more surprised.  Nice looking Charolais cross.   

Actually a lot of nice looking bulls.

oakbar

I didn't get to see as many  or spend enough time looking at the the display bulls as I would have liked, but I did have a couple of initial impressions.    Houston kind of caught my eye--but I didn't get to see him moving.  I thought a lot of the display bulls looked like they could have some structural/movment concerns.  Overall, I guess I wasn't overly impressed with the display bulls(the ones I saw anyway) as a group. 

You all know what a fan I am of  TM Gus but I also have a couple of other shorties I like.  Some people may not like to admit it, but IMHO you have to be impressed with the depth and quality of the Sullivan pen of five.  I think we'll hear much more about Primetime down the road and the Outback bull also kind of catches my eye.  I also think the Proud Venture bull will become well known because of his daughters if he produces what I think he will.  I guess these aren't really very surprising choices considering how well they did in the ring out here and who their owners are,  but I'm trying to give an honest opinion of the bulls--not the personalities.  I think these bulls all have a chance to become as well known and as popular as some of the elite bulls in the breed today.  I also think they are good enough to earn that notoriety--no matter who's promoting them.

I also really like the Maine bull that Braun's bought at the auction on Saturday night.  He was the Reserve Champion overall on Sunday, and although there were only five bulls in the entire show,  IMHO, I still think this bull has a chance to become well known and respected in his breed.  I don't pretend to be an expert, but as an observer at a lot of shows, I feel Bremer's program has produced some really,really nice cattle, particularly the last couple of years.

Just my humble opinions--they're sometimes not very valuable to anyone but me!!