Fullblood Maines- pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

kfacres

doc-sun said:
from experience:
never have run across anchor boy semen
iabon and buret imo too big we never used
dollar 11  sired lots of good show cattle (big correct smooth)
epinal a great foundation sire as was covino 111 but he was not used as much in later yrs
caqui offspring big & really thick but only use on cows that can have an elephant
never used voltair or saw progeny
never used dalton but liked the black bull pc metric who was a covino 111 x dalton/cunia and sired good cattle
i have a good fall 2011 fb index bull calf that we are going to show

keep posting knabe

I have always heard from the old timers-- the Iabon's and the Iabon daughter's calves-- were the smallest framed on the place??? 

Was such a bull born 1987 from a fullblood Big Sky Iabon/ Coca Cola cow and a Shorthorn sire-- who was a high 4 frame and as wide as tall. 

doc-sun

outspoken said:
doc-sun said:
from experience:
never have run across anchor boy semen
iabon and buret imo too big we never used
dollar 11  sired lots of good show cattle (big correct smooth)
epinal a great foundation sire as was covino 111 but he was not used as much in later yrs
caqui offspring big & really thick but only use on cows that can have an elephant
never used voltair or saw progeny
never used dalton but liked the black bull pc metric who was a covino 111 x dalton/cunia and sired good cattle
i have a good fall 2011 fb index bull calf that we are going to show

keep posting knabe

I have always heard from the old timers-- the Iabon's and the Iabon daughter's calves-- were the smallest framed on the place??? 

Was such a bull born 1987 from a fullblood Big Sky Iabon/ Coca Cola cow and a Shorthorn sire-- who was a high 4 frame and as wide as tall. 
i have no idea about the 1987 bull (sired by a dwarf?), but Iabon was used mostly by a localized few breeders so your sample size may be too limited and biased to make an accurate assessment of the size of his offspring. smallest when compared to what?

doc-sun

knabe said:
we used cosic some but probably on the wrong kind of cows(dairy cross halfbloods).  the few angus based we had were decent.

knabe

plurendin goliath

semen is around on this guy.  on e of the few sources of Atan without cunia there is, with Atan being cunia's sire.  remember, cunia carries monkey mouth and probably carries spastic paresis.

interestingly, AA black gold is double cunia with bysantin and danigo.  lots of thickness but he is remembered as being chi looking.  interesting.  i can't see how he could possibly type based on phenotype.

Attachments

• plurendin goliath.JPG
    plurendin goliath.JPG
    563 KB · Views: 544

knabe

calling view teton.  there is probably no semen on this guy.

Attachments

• calling view teton.JPG
    calling view teton.JPG
    601.8 KB · Views: 507

knabe

mel's semi automatic

Attachments

• Mel's Semi-Automatic at pasture in fall 4 years old.JPG
    Mel's Semi-Automatic at pasture in fall 4 years old.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 522

knabe

i emailed with his breeder, and i think he was sent to slaughter at around 5 or 6.

harlan ritchie comented on him in his notes when he visited france in the early 70's as being the best bull he saw in europe of any breed.

some sons and daughters made it over here.

i think browarny said it was the only pic he had of fullbloods in france.  it used to be on his legends page.

for reference, i would have tried to bring him over.

maybe i will type in the notes if there is any interest.  it's a nice reference.  red gave a copy to me. i'm not sure what they were originally published in.

garybob

Mel's Semi Automatic looks modern, masculine, moderate and meaty. However, I think he needs to have bigger testicles, like the bull in your Avatar.

(thumbsup)GB

justme

knabe said:

Females out of RB8W are PHENOMINAL, if you ever get a chance to own one...grab it!.  Major's had huge success with him all the way till retirement.  I know Ebersole's and Bar R are using RB8W now on some select fullbloods and pb cows.  Semen on him is EXTREMELY hard to find.

knabe

I think I have 30 units. I think some sold a while ago at auction for $100/unit. There's still some left in a couple places.

A unit will be submitted for the genotyping project.