Headliner Vs. Monopoly Who has had calves by both and your analysis

Help Support Steer Planet:

TMJ Show Cattle

They are both great bulls,they both throw excellnt calves I think Headliner wrks on chunkier cws and MONO better on feminine cows.If you want know the truth,a lot of people dont have enough quality in their cows to produce much more t han average calves.Some folks expect miracles,then ,when it doesn't happen,the bull gets blamed.I don't know how his calves look,but if you seen Highlner in person you would know what Headliner is capable of.

hntwhitetail

cotullaguy said:
I am going to try to solve this controversy.  I am going to flush the cow that had our best Monopoly calf this year to both Monopoly and Headliner.  When I get calves, I will post their calves.  But, it will not be till Fall 2011 before we get their calves  is the only problem.  (lol)

What were your results?? just wondering.

WJ Farms

Well I also have heard that quite a few of of the monopoly calves that won up north were Headliners just called Monopolys!!!

grandchamp58

I think its a bit funny that not one person has specified both the Headliner's and Monopoly's other brother, Master of Puppets. How does he compare to the other two?

nds

To put it bluntly, Monopoly wins show after show no matter what level it is at.  Breeders are going to keep using him instead of his full sibs because of the sole reason that people want Monopoly calves and they sell better.  We raise a large number of show calves every year and none of the full sibs to Monopoly can come close to comparing in quality or sell nearly as well.  May not be the same for everyone else but just how it works for us and our opinion. 

RSL Cattle Co.

Headliner semen is available in Canada, my brother had a red Headliner heifer in 4-H who ended up winning reserve champion at 4-H regional, many reserve champions throughout the summer, and reserve champion at Saskatoon Fall Fair. She was out of a simm/angus cow.

DLD

hntwhitetail said:
cotullaguy said:
I am going to try to solve this controversy.  I am going to flush the cow that had our best Monopoly calf this year to both Monopoly and Headliner.  When I get calves, I will post their calves.  But, it will not be till Fall 2011 before we get their calves  is the only problem.  (lol)

cotullaguy hasn't been around this board in a long time.  I doubt you'll hear from him here.

SEA

DLD said:
hntwhitetail said:
cotullaguy said:

cotullaguy hasn't been around this board in a long time.  I doubt you'll hear from him here.

Could you still pm cotullaguy?

SEA

stkrdge said:
We produced all three of the brothers.

Stockridge:  I remember veiwing "Headliner" at NWSS quite a few years ago.  Did you also raise "Master of Puppets", "All Aboard", and "Parks Place"?  Are they not all full sibs out of your Angus donor cow (sorry, I forget her name)?

With all the THC cows people now have from using HW and his sons...How do the TH free brothers "All Aboad" and "Parks Place" offspring compare the the THC brothers?  Have you used THC and THF full sibs on the same cows in different years?

DLD

SEA said:
DLD said:
hntwhitetail said:
cotullaguy said:

Might work, if he still uses the same email then he should get the notification that he has a pm here.  Couldn't hurt to try.

SEA

[/quote]

[/quote]

Might work, if he still uses the same email then he should get the notification that he has a pm here.  Couldn't hurt to try.
[/quote]

I tried sending him a PM.  I'll see what happens.  Thanks!

stkrdge

Yes they are all full brothers, and they were all born on our place. It all comes down to the quality of the cow famlies you use in your program! period.