IS there a MONOPOLY son yet out there to replace his daddy..

Help Support Steer Planet:

skeeter20

Master of Puppets  Monopoly's full sib. There are some really nice calves out of him on the ground.  His first calf crop had limited use last year. I believe there will be alot more calves from him next year as more and more people are using him now. No, I do not own him or have anything to do with this bull. Just what I have seen of his calves. Quarter the price also.

dsmith16

Freddy said:
Had some Monopoly sons and just wondering if there something out to stop the MONOPOLY  SEMEN INFLATION ...

Unstoppable at Lautners is doing very good on his first calf crop. There are a bunch of nice calves on their blog and his semen is $25, for now.

http://www.lautnerfarms.com/allsires/2011/unstoppable.html

Monopoly  has another full brother named Park Place that i found last night online. His semen is $25 but I don't think he has even been used very much at all.  Heres the link,

http://www.selectsiresbeef.com/index.php?option=com_php&Itemid=114&id=186&breed=Club%20Calf

Ohio1

I don't know if he's better than his daddy but I'd say monopoly money is his leading son and I read on Matt's blog a while back the monopoly hasn't collected for a good while so another price change wouldn't suprise me

Dyer Show cattle

I have had great luck with Tony Hilberts/Kyle Sages Special Edition bull (Monopoly x Maine/Angus). I have one this year out a WMW cow that's prob one of the best I have ever raised and honestly the WMW cow is nothing high powered to look at. Have had some the past 3 years that have all been good calves that have been just as good or better than all the bulls I have used in the past. All the calves I have had are all big boned and calves that will top a feedlot if you don't get them sold for show cattle. I'm using every straw I have of it this weekend and will be buying more. Maybe I shouldn't post this until I get mine bought. Tony is on here if not call him 515-341-5658, real good guy to work with.

vet tech

Just use monopoly 2, I have heard semen can be poor sometimes but jut use 2 straws. Monopoly money is a good one and man among boys I'm sure will be even more popular next year due to his use.

wyatt

all aboard full sib to monopoly th free calves are light from what ive heard and grow lots of hair later on towards weaning they rnt born with it but his calves are pretty good 25$ last time i checked

farmboy

WB ShowCattle said:
all aboard full sib to monopoly th free calves are light from what ive heard and grow lots of hair later on towards weaning they rnt born with it but his calves are pretty good 25$ last time i checked

No.

Ohio1

Soehnlen Cattle Co. said:
Just use monopoly 2, I have heard semen can be poor sometimes but jut use 2 straws. Monopoly money is a good one and man among boys I'm sure will be even more popular next year due to his use.
Very true about M.A.B

wyatt

Ohio1 said:
Soehnlen Cattle Co. said:
Very true about M.A.B
i agree when the original owner sold him he became alot more popular and i think his calves this year are good enough that when more people use him on better cows there will be more success it was the same story with monopoly and heat wave popularity goes up + use on better cows = better calves

Justin69.o

I really like king of the mountain and dirty politics but neither one is proven yet

dsmith16

Zach said:
WB ShowCattle said:

No.

Whats with the no? Whats wrong with All Aboard?

farmboy

dsmith16 said:
Zach said:
WB ShowCattle said:

No.

He's not a son.
He's not a replacement for Monopoly.
He's not nearly as good as Monopoly

dsmith16

Zach said:
dsmith16 said:
Zach said:
WB ShowCattle said:

No.

He's not a son.
He's not a replacement for Monopoly.
He's not nearly as good as Monopoly

I get the first two but is All Aboard actually not as good as Monopoly or has he just not been used nearly as much as his brother?

kfacres

Zach said:
what that guy said^ good bulls get used a lot because they're good.

or they get promoted a ton...

HW would have never sold a single straw of semen had he been cut like his intentions were-- or he had been purchased by someone else.  $1200 county fair steer was his targeted goal...  remember that!