IS there a MONOPOLY son yet out there to replace his daddy..

Help Support Steer Planet:

LF Show cattle

I would have to say Monoply Money. I think that bull is put together really well. Thats Just my thoughts.

Cattle Cards

Question:  if you like him so much why would you want to find a son to replace him?  Why wouldn't you look closely at his sire and dam and try to breed one like him, instead?  Otherwise, you'll be looking for a son of a son down the road.  I'm not saying any of these bulls you've mentioned aren't going to be good or work.  Everyone keeps going to the next best thing when I was always told to go to the source.  With as many good cows that are out there producing multiple champions and sires that there isn't one that could drop a calf that'll do as well or maybe even surpass Monopoly.  See where I'm coming from?
<cowboy>

kfacres

Cattle Cards said:
Question:  if you like him so much why would you want to find a son to replace him?  Why wouldn't you look closely at his sire and dam and try to breed on like him, instead?  Otherwise, you'll be looking for a son of a son down the road.  I'm not saying any of these bulls you've mentioned aren't going to be good or work.  Everyone keeps going to the next best thing when I was always told to go to the source.  With as many good cows that are out there producing multiple champions and sires that there isn't one that could drop a calf that'll do as well or maybe even surpass Monopoly.  See where I'm coming from?
<cowboy>

personally-- I'd rather move on and find something that's going to work, and be ahead of the bell curve-- than continue beating a dead horse... 

of course the breeder side of me says to go 80% towards a proven producer, and tinker around with the other 20% for the best of both world's effect.

In this game, if I played it-- I would be looking to produce something semi clean- far, or avoiding Heatwave for promotional purposes.  In the OP's case- I'd say that's his goal-- and his genetics should allow for that to happen.

kfacres

Freddy said:
ANYONE used ANARCHY frrom CANADA ,WHAT what were CALVES LIKE,HE IS CLEAN .....
I engaged in PM with a guy who had used quite a bit of him...  and remember seeing some tremendous looking calves on here from Anarchy...  Don't remember the guys name- might be able to look it up.

MOClubbyGuy

Freddy said:
ANYONE used ANARCHY frrom CANADA ,WHAT what were CALVES LIKE,HE IS CLEAN .....

Here is an Anarchy x Rockstar steer that I sold to Tony Austin. He is a sept 2011 born. Super hairy, stout and big boned. Not to bad for a double clean bull.
I do not own Anarchy or even a part of him. However I did just purchase his mother off of Diamond G Cattle and she is also pictured.

Attachments

• photo-762826.JPG
    photo-762826.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 171
  • photo-718042.PNG
    photo-718042.PNG
    667.3 KB · Views: 166
  • anarcy_big.jpg
    anarcy_big.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0442_Gonnett_Cow[1].jpg
    IMG_0442_Gonnett_Cow[1].jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 154

stkrdge

How much Monopoly semen would have been sold if we would have promoted him ourselves? Probibaly not much! About as much as some of the full sibs. 

breyfarm

stkrdge said:
How much Monopoly semen would have been sold if we would have promoted him ourselves? Probibaly not much! About as much as some of the full sibs. 
Exactly. His full sib Park Place is distributed by select sires/coba and I asked one of the select sires AI breeders about him and he said he didnt even know who he was.

Ohio1

stkrdge said:
We probably wouldn't have sold much semen in the first place so the sibs probably wouldnt even exist!

hntwhitetail

Ohio1 said:
stkrdge said:
We probably wouldn't have sold much semen in the first place so the sibs probably wouldnt even exist!

There were a full sib or 2 before Monopoly came around..

stkrdge

Ohio1 said:
stkrdge said:
I meant that as I actually raised the bull, and Monopoly was the third born. Headliner was the only natural born Hazel X Heatwave. The following year All Aboard was born along with Monopoly, and both displayed in Denver. We sold  Monopoly to Matt and All aboard to Polyock, Leclair, and kept intrest in him as well. With those genetics All Aboard is a great choice for your dirty cows.

cpubarn

stkrdge said:
Ohio1 said:
stkrdge said:
I meant that as I actually raised the bull, and Monopoly was the third born. Headliner was the only natural born Hazel X Heatwave. The following year All Aboard was born along with Monopoly, and both displayed in Denver. We sold  Monopoly to Matt and All aboard to Polyock, Leclair, and kept intrest in him as well. With those genetics All Aboard is a great choice for your dirty cows.

Thanks for the input.  There is now doubt about it.  Lautners market aand promote.  I'm glad you shared the genetics with us!  What are you breeding Hazel to next?  Is she still with us?

BadgerFan

I like my Unsub calves.  Similar to Monopoly calves but I think a tick stouter. (I do not own the bull)