King Meyer

Help Support Steer Planet:

KMJCC

Has anyone had or seen any calves out of King Meyer?  I have seen some pictures of some Mama Boy calves but haven't heard of any King Meyer yet.  Just curious what people opinions were.  Thanks!

ATM OH

Had a King Meyer steer last year out of a Swoosh cow and really liked him.  Didnt have a ton of hair but had a good show steer look.  Wish he wouldve been a heifer.

KMJCC

I bred a hard core heifer to him last year with sexed heifer semen but it didn't stick.  I have one straw (sexed heifer) left and was trying to decide what heifer I should use it on.  I have a Who heifer out of a PB simi cow, a sunseeker heifer out of a commercial angus and a sunseeker heifer out of a strickly business simmi cow.  The Who heifer is in a real pretty package with nice hair and bone.  I am hoping she makes me a heck of a cow.  But my only concern with using it on the Who heifer is that King Meyer is out of Harrietta (Who).  The sunseeker/angus heifer is real pretty profiling but not over powering and a bit bigger framed.  The sunseeker/strictly business heifer is a tank with tons of hair.  I am pretty cautious us it on her because she is so thick and she also toes out a little on her front.  Any opinions?

DTW

Good point CJC.  I would never breed a who made who to close together.  You will get monkey mouths and cripples on both ends.  And sun seekers can be a little unsound to start with.

ganggreen

DTW said:
Good point CJC.  I would never breed a who made who to close together.  You will get monkey mouths and cripples on both ends.  And sun seekers can be a little unsound to start with.
i am convinced. u are an authority

nelpoby

I have 2 King Meyer heifers that are out of a OCC Legend daughter.  I like both heifers and think one will really be good!!

orwell

We have a sunseeker steer out of a who made who and he is a really nice calf. We bred her back to sunseeker again. This is not the first good sunseekerXwho made who that I have seen.