Michael Vick being allowed to play football. Good or Bad

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

knabe said:
government statistics back this up.  in 2002, whites, which include hispanics for stats purposes, comprised about 80% of the population and committed 30-60% of the crime such as murder, rape, burglary etc (8 categories). blacks, which comprise about 12% of the population, commit about the same amount of crime. SO for pure statistics, they are about 7 times as likely to commit various crime than whites. interestingly, whites seem to be interested in arson much higher than any other race, about 4-5 times higher than blacks.

of course there are a variety of reasons for this, but most point to LBJ and the great society when the American experience started to wean black women from black men and made it difficult for black men to find and keep work, hence, our current situation. things are changing for the good though, but it's interesting to me that the most prevailing stereotyping is by different races against themselves for being "white". that is bigotry and probably more damaging.

of course what police forces choose to focus on and where is also a factor in crime stats.  there is lots of misinformation regarding crime stats, some of it to pass laws to satisfy interest groups that do nothing but divide.

Knabe,
There are updated stats on race and crime as recent as 2005
Homicide Type by Race, 1976-2005
 Victims                                                                        Offenders
White     Black     Other                                                  White   Black    Other
50.9%   46.9%   2.1%                                                  45.8% 52.2% 2.0%

There actually has been an increase in white on white crime surpassing blacks and other races. It is pretty close by race.

Irregardless the statements that Zach made were NOT IN an intellectual context. They definitely had racist undertones.

I am not all that bright. BUT, Quote all the stats you like, isn't this the government that you complain about so frequently. How can you trust there statistics? This post has gone completely off course. There are stats to back up just about any point you want to make. Knabe, you know better than that. There are all kinds of studies that can prove a point. Go to any drug company and ask them how great their product is.

I reiterate my point- GOD DOESN"T JUDGE BASED ON SKIN COLOR. Doesn't anyone remember love thy neighbor?

OH Breeder

zach said:
considering african americans are only 12% of the population that is an astounding number you got there OhB.

How many studies Zach have you participated in? I participate in studies all the time. Studies can be manipulated and the data that Knabe has quoted is old. There is new data all the time. The increase in white on white crime is a reflection of the economic times. If you look back in history the same patterns appears in economic downturns.  YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!

88% VIOLENT crimes are committed by men irregardless of race
More males age 65 or older were homicide victims than females of the same age
What do these stats tell you? Men are violent pigs, old men are weak......?? Give me a break.

herefordfootball

Wow. This is pretty crappy we are comparing the amount of crime each race has committed. I shouldnt have even posted on this thread at all. Take this thing down. Its steerplanet not sportsplanet.

farwest

Zach I take your comments as racist.  Many of us may be, but here isn't the place for it .  Grow up.  And yes, he did his time.  It's up to the owner's if he plays.

LN

farwest said:
Zach I take your comments as racist.  Many of us may be, but here isn't the place for it .  Grow up.  And yes, he did his time.  It's up to the owner's if he plays.

Agreed. Don't air your dirty laundry PMs for the rest of us to see.

Jill

I don't care what statistics are and that isn't the point that is trying to be made, Zachs comment that he will go on to rape or kill, it's just a matter of time because he is just another black guy is an uncalled for comment on any board, it is a generalized prejudice comment and is not acceptable on this board.  Zach is a child and we all make allowances for the kids to a certain point, but Zach, you went too far on this one.

JbarL

for what its worth..... micheal vick has a new mentor for his "second chance" comeback, both professionally and personally...and that is tony dungee....as far as im concerned the classiest coach/human being  in the league....if dungee sees a chance in him, i'd have to give them both a shot at  succeding...
zach, im with jill , too...not good karma...jbarl

Show Heifer

Come on now people....where are all the bleeding heart parents and those that say "give the kid his freedom. Let him do as he wishes.No censorship for the young. Lets not micromanage the kids." For Heavens sake, give him a second chance.

Doc

Show Heifer said:
Come on now people....where are all the bleeding heart parents and those that say "give the kid his freedom. Let him do as he wishes.No censorship for the young. Lets not micromanage the kids." For Heavens sake, give him a second chance.

pretty good one SH. But it's kinda obvious that his parents are living by that rule.

farmboy

facts are facts. sue me.

MV has already proven he is a criminal. personally i don't care one way or another if MV plays again or not. but i will bet you money he does something like this again.
and just so you people know. i have 3 black nieces.stop calling me a racist in your little cute PM's and karma changes. I am old enough to think for myself. opinions are like .... well you know how it goes. I for one am done with this topic. I apologize to anyone who is offended. as for clonentx, you are a troll. don't feed the trolls

jason

Well this thread has taken off in a totally new direction and I would appreciate anymore comments be directed back to the original question.

knabe

it's probably not a good thing to have too many role models that you don't have personal contact with.

better to have local one's who excel in fields that are more attainable.

vcsf

knabe said:
it's probably not a good thing to have too many role models that you don't have personal contact with.

better to have local one's who excel in fields that are more attainable.

Knabe, I think that is quite likely the most intelligent and true post you have ever made.

mark tenenbaum

lowann said:
zach said:
yea put him back in prison. just another black guy fighting dogs. just a matter of time before rapes or kills someone over drugs or something
Vick is nothing more than a Ghetto thug.
  YO DAWG  MAKE HIM PLAY WITH HIS PANTS DOWN TO HIS KNEES, AND HOPE THE REFS AN ANIMAL LOVER WHEN THE OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS ZERO IN AT FULL SPEED THEYRE GONNA BE GUNNING

mark tenenbaum

jlingle said:
The guy did the crime, fessed up & did his time.  I say let him do what he wants.  If it's play football, then power to him.  I hope he succeeds beyond everybody's wild imaginations.  Just my own little ignorant opinion.
  yo dawg, i bet he like catfish too,awesome O0 O0