monopoly semen

Help Support Steer Planet:

herefordfootball

herf96 said:
I am confused a little, silver and white are not good quality, blue is the best from REI, so where does that leave the green top?  The reason for the question is I just had some green shipped to me a month ago.

Thats what I have too (the green top). I have one cane of green and not sure of the other.

Sly

I had three cows flushed to monopoly. first one got 22 of 24 eggs, second got 17 0f 18 and third got 7 of 7.  So I guess i got good stuff.  only using 2 straws per flush

Bulldaddy

I had three cows flushed to monopoly. first one got 22 of 24 eggs, second got 17 0f 18 and third got 7 of 7.  So I guess i got good stuff.  only using 2 straws per flush

Excellet results.  Must have been a good collection that you used.  Hard to get Monopoly semen right now.  I ordered Walks Alone instead.

CJC

The AI guy I use said that if it is good enough to AI with then it is good enough to flush with.

AL Show Cattle

The green top stuff is from Great lakes Sire Service and i am sure it is good stuff. I just sold some to a guy that flushed his WMW cow to monopoly and got 11 eggs. Im not to sure what the $80 a straw stuff is all about. 

mooch

AL Show Cattle said:
The green top stuff is from Great lakes Sire Service and i am sure it is good stuff. I just sold some to a guy that flushed his WMW cow to monopoly and got 11 eggs. Im not to sure what the $80 a straw stuff is all about. 

GREED

knabe

mooch said:
AL Show Cattle said:

GREED

market bearing price is not greed.

GoWyo

If muleman can get $80 then more power to him.  If it is not worth $80, don't buy it.  GREED is just a left-wing term to promote sharing the wealth.

chambero

Somone on here posted they had some THEY would sell for $80.

Anyone can charge whatever they want for any bull.  You don't have to buy it.

For all of you with questions about semen quality, why don't you call Matt Lautner and ask instead of speculating?  He has answered any question I've ever had.  And - he's never sold me anything that turned out bad.

lowann

chambero said:
Somone on here posted they had some THEY would sell for $80.

Anyone can charge whatever they want for any bull.  You don't have to buy it.

For all of you with questions about semen quality, why don't you call Matt Lautner and ask instead of speculating?  He has answered any question I've ever had.  And - he's never sold me anything that turned out bad.
Matt has always answered phone calls, and  e-mails from me. Just send him one and ask him yourself.

Easy

i know everyone is saying that asking $80/straw is greed but when this semen is this popular and you cant hardly get it ANYWHERE, the price is in the beholder of the semen. I actually sold 5 units of flush quality a week ago for $500 and the guy was happy to pay it because he wanted to flush a cow he had to him and COULDN'T GET ANY!. If you don't want to pay the asking price , then go to all these other places that supposedly have it and pay their price.

knabe

Easy said:
i know everyone (wrong, some people on here said otherwise) is saying that asking $80/straw is greed but when this semen is this popular and you cant hardly get it ANYWHERE, the price is in the beholder of the semen. I actually sold 5 units of flush quality a week ago for $500 and the guy was happy to pay it because he wanted to flush a cow he had to him and COULDN'T GET ANY!. If you don't want to pay the asking price , then go to all these other places that supposedly have it and pay their price.

OKshorthorn

My brother was at REI yesterday picking up some semen and he saw Monopoly there getting collected. Was pretty impressed with him too. He claimed he was the most impressive bull he had ever seen...but my brother doesn't know anything!!

WFCC

your brother must know sometihng because i have seen him and the calves i have seen, since heat wave there isnt a more square, stout, and muscular bull that can compete with the good monopolys.  Walks alone might have something to say about this next year but as of right now, when you get monopoly bred to a good cow, its pretty damn good! JMO

justintime

I am left scratching my head sometimes when I read some of the comments on here sometimes. I find it odd that the basis of this thread is whether Monopoly semen will drop from the $40 price. To me that leaves the impression that $40/straw is a high price to pay for any semen, let alone one of the most popular bulls in a very long time. Then another person says he will sell 20 straws of his 40 straws for $80/ straw. A few comments refer to this as greed. My question is..... why is Monopoly semen at $80/ straw considered greed, when some other bulls (eg: Sonny) at $500-650 is not considered greed. Why is $40/ straw considered  a high price to pay when you could probably expect a few hundred or even a few thousand extra dollars for his offspring? I am sure no one would consider it greed if someone priced a Monopoly steer at $20,000 and sold it. It is a supply and demand driven industry and semen is no different than anything else.

I have been involved in using semen and selling semen for over 40 years. We puchased lots of semen at $40- 50/ straw over 30 years ago, and we never even questioned the price. We sold semen from Highfield Irish Mist and IDS Duke of Dublin at $35/ straw in the 70s and I never remember anyone ever questioning it as being too high priced.We had several breeders who would buy 50-70 doses at a time. Today, you feel fortunate to get an order of 20 straws on any bull.  Quite frankly, I think there were probably more cows  bred AI back in that era than there are today. In the 70s and early 80s we have several people in close proximity who did nothing but AI cows for a living. Most of them went to doing other things when the amount of AI breeding dwindled in the 80s.  So my question is, why is there so much concern over semen price today, when it is one of the few things in this business that is lower priced than anything else we use ?

herefordfootball

If you think about it....40$ is NOTHING to get a cow bred to a TOP NOTCH bull. I thought at first "oh they are just raising it due to popularity or "hype" ", but then realized that this is a good bull, a proven bull, who has thrown good calves consistently. If you ask me 40/straw is a small price to pay for that quality. jmo

chambero

Anyone that seriously wants to buy Monopoly semen needs to call Matt Lautner.  I bought some the week before Thanksgiving and what I received had been collected four days prior to the date I received it.  I've had nothing but good dealings with Matt.

Bulldaddy

When demand exceeds the supply then it makes sense to raise the price.  Also, the semen will go in better cows which ultimately increases the value of the bull.  It is the American way.  What's wrong with that?

Latest posts