monopoly semen

Help Support Steer Planet:

lowann

chambero said:
Anyone that seriously wants to buy Monopoly semen needs to call Matt Lautner.  I bought some the week before Thanksgiving and what I received had been collected four days prior to the date I received it.  I've had nothing but good dealings with Matt.
Same here. Well said.

muleman

Sure glad I never sold any of my monopoly semen for $80 in earlier posts  because I just sold it for more then double than what i originally posted it at.

plattevalleysimmentals

I picked some up the week after denver straight from phil for $40 and heard there were some problems as well with the quality but I then spoke with a source close and they assured me that the semen I would have recieved was good. By the way what kind of cow has everyone been breeding him to?

WFCC

seems he is going to moderate and add bone and hair. Also heard he sometimes needs a little more lower quarter and topline.

BCCC

Monopoly is going to come down in price even when the clones get here. Look at heatwave we is still at 300 a straw and has 20 some odd clones which are all at 30 I think

herefordfootball

BCCC said:
Monopoly is going to come down in price even when the clones get here. Look at heatwave we is still at 300 a straw and has 20 some odd clones which are all at 30 I think

I agree. I think there will probaly be another bull that comes along and replaces him, just like monopoly kinda is with Heat Wave. jmo

WFCC

i agree with you but there are plenty of people that are saying that monopoly isnt the next heat wave.  heat wave cant be replaced but monopoly is the closest thing to him JMO!

WFCC

BCCC said:

everyone that has used the clones know there is a reason its at 30 dollars because they dont breed like the original!

herefordfootball

WFCC said:
BCCC said:

everyone that has used the clones know there is a reason its at 30 dollars because they dont breed like the original!

Breed like the original, you mean bred to 1500 cows the first year on the market, therefore your odds of getting a good calf go up. Everyone uses heatwave, so yes, there are going to be a good chunk of good ones on the market sired by him. NOT everyone uses the clones, therefore your semen to cow ratio goes down and so does your chance of producing champions...jmo

drl

Or people believe the original is better because they only flush to the original that way he gets the best cows while the clones get the lesser cows. I would also say that unless you have about 20 calves from the original and 20 calves from the clone all out of the same cow you will not have enough numbers to truly say one is better than another. It is not that different from when you flush a cow and the siblings are totally different in quality. Also, some of the clones that get leased out have made national champs so you know that the clones get it done. Brock May's Kansas City champ was a naturally bred Heat Wave 5 calf(so I was told) and Jaroche's Reserve Louisville was a naturally bred clone calf.

herefordfootball

drl said:
Or people believe the original is better because they only flush to the original that way he gets the best cows while the clones get the lesser cows. I would also say that unless you have about 20 calves from the original and 20 calves from the clone all out of the same cow you will not have enough numbers to truly say one is better than another. It is not that different from when you flush a cow and the siblings are totally different in quality. Also, some of the clones that get leased out have made national champs so you know that the clones get it done. Brock May's Kansas City champ was a naturally bred Heat Wave 5 calf(so I was told) and Jaroche's Reserve Louisville was a naturally bred clone calf.

I'll have to agree with you on that. Except Heat Wave 1 and 5 are the only ones that are really making a mark so far.

OH Breeder

herefordfootball said:
drl said:

I'll have to agree with you on that. Except Heat Wave 1 and 5 are the only ones that are really making a mark so far.

Iwas surprised when I order Heat Wave 6 that they were able to tell me what each clone had won. Mr Launter's office has a list of what the clones have done. How would you know because they would blood type the same?

Throttle

[/quote]

[/quote]

Those are the ones who have made the most good semen. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, it's just that 1 has been around the longest and has been an average semen producer and 5 has been the best producer of the next round of clones, so they have been used the most, so they have raised more memorable ones. IMO, the same can be said for Monopoly vs. Headliner. The one that got used 4 times as much, raised 4 times the winners. Looks like maybe the gap will narrow a little between those two this spring, but the Lautner owned version will still double him up

Throttle

[/quote]

Iwas surprised when I order Heat Wave 6 that they were able to tell me what each clone had won. Mr Launter's office has a list of what the clones have done. How would you know because they would blood type the same?
[/quote]

I would assume it is just from a producer buying, for example, HW6, breeding cows with it, then reporting to Phil what those calves won

SEA

Just got an email back from Top Sires TODAY (March 04, 2010). 

Monopoly semen available and @ 

$100/straw!

Latest posts