name that tune

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

OK time for some country trivia.....

What song did Willie Nelson sell the rights to for $15.00?

aj

Willie Nelson wrote hello walls I think. He was pretty much run out of nashville. He went to Austin, Texas where people like Waylon, Jerry Jeff Walker, Billie Joe Shafer, etc etc. found a niche in the outlaw country. One time I went to a concert in Ellis , Ks where jerry jeff was playing. There were roughnecks(oil field workers) on one side of the bar and cowboys on the the other side. I figured all hell was going to break loose. Before the the night was over everbody was slapping each other on the back and singing ?? in the wind. Who wrote the song Mr. Bo Jangles while he was in jail. The nitty gritty dirt bad made a hit of it. How about "And the grownups would tell us, you boys keep your distance, the old man's just telling you lies. But to all of us kidsCowboy Bill was a hero just as blue as the west texas skies". How about " I told you once you son of a gun I'm the best that's ever been". How about There is a young cowboy that lived on the range.... his horse and the cattle his only companion's. He worked on the plains and slept in the canyons. Dreaming of women and glasses of beer. Something, something,.

aj

Crazy, now that is a classic song. How did patzy die. Wasn't it a plane crash, maybe car.

stick

How about " I told you once you son of a gun I'm the best that's ever been  Devil Went Down To Georgia  CDB

steers4u

Who wrote the song Mr. Bo Jangles while he was in jail. The nitty gritty dirt bad made a hit of it  (Jerry Jeff Walker )  . How about "And the grownups would tell us, you boys keep your distance, the old man's just telling you lies. But to all of us kidsCowboy Bill was a hero just as blue as the west texas skies"  (Garth Brooks Cowboy Bill)  . How about " I told you once you son of a gun I'm the best that's ever been"  (CDB! Charlie Danials Band Devil Wen Down to Georgia)  (. How about There is a young cowboy that lived on the range.... his horse and the cattle his only companion's. He worked on the plains and slept in the canyons. Dreaming of women and glasses of beer. Something, something,.  ( Sweet Baby James james Taylor)

aj

How about " I wonder if anybody would think I flipped if I went to L.A. by Omaha". Cause I am a thourghly dangerous man.

steers4u

OK Here is one ..song and artist

The song came and went
Like the times that we spent
Hiding out from the rain under the carnival tent
I laughed and shed smile
It would last for awhile
You dont know what you got till you lose it all again

Listen to the mandolin rain
Listen to the music on the lake
Listen to my heart break every time she runs away
Listen to the banjo wind
A sad song drifting low
Listen to the tears roll
Down my face as she turns to go

A cool evening dance
Listening to the bluegrass band takes the chill
>from the air till they play the last song
Ill do my time
Keeping you off my mind but theres moments
That I find, Im not feeling so strong

stick

I wonder if anybody would think I flipped if I went to L.A. by Omaha"  Convoy, CW McCall
Cause I am a thourghly dangerous man. Uneasy Rider (the first one)  CDB

The yellow-haired lady was buried at sunset;
The stranger went free, of course.
For you can't hang a man for killin' a woman,
Who's tryin' to steal your horse.

OH Breeder

steers4u said:
OK Here is one ..song and artist

The song came and went
Like the times that we spent
Hiding out from the rain under the carnival tent
I laughed and shed smile
It would last for awhile
You dont know what you got till you lose it all again

Listen to the mandolin rain
Listen to the music on the lake
Listen to my heart break every time she runs away
Listen to the banjo wind
A sad song drifting low
Listen to the tears roll
Down my face as she turns to go

A cool evening dance
Listening to the bluegrass band takes the chill
>from the air till they play the last song
Ill do my time
Keeping you off my mind but theres moments
That I find, Im not feeling so strong

Mandolin rain
B. r. hornsby/john hornsby

OH Breeder

Got one for you die hard country fans. Female artist very popular. Some people are crazy about her. Song was a hit but not as large some. Inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame 1973

Two cigarettes in an ashtray
My love and I, in a small cafe
Then a stranger came along
And everything went wrong
Now there's three cigarettes in the ashtray

I watched her take him from me
And his love is no longer my own
Now they are gone
And I sit alone
And watch one cigarette burn away

cowz

aj said:
Willie Nelson wrote hello walls I think. He was pretty much run out of nashville. He went to Austin, Texas where people like Waylon, Jerry Jeff Walker, Billie Joe Shafer, etc etc. found a niche in the outlaw country. One time I went to a concert in Ellis , Ks where jerry jeff was playing. There were roughnecks(oil field workers) on one side of the bar and cowboys on the the other side. I figured all hell was going to break loose. Before the the night was over everbody was slapping each other on the back and singing ?? in the wind. Who wrote the song Mr. Bo Jangles while he was in jail. The nitty gritty dirt bad made a hit of it. How about "And the grownups would tell us, you boys keep your distance, the old man's just telling you lies. But to all of us kidsCowboy Bill was a hero just as blue as the west texas skies". How about " I told you once you son of a gun I'm the best that's ever been". How about There is a young cowboy that lived on the range.... his horse and the cattle his only companion's. He worked on the plains and slept in the canyons. Dreaming of women and glasses of beer. Something, something,.

DING<DING<DING....aj you win.  Willie must have been down on his luck.....sold it to Farron Young...was a big hit for him.          

Your Ellis, Kansas story reminds me of a club we used to visit in Cheyenne ...... it had a huge horseshoe shaped bar.   All the ranch kids and college kids hung on one side of the room, all the oil rig guys and bikers stayed on the other side.  If you knew your place , all was well......back in the days of live music.    Shoot, I'm so old that I saw Garth  play on the free stage at the state fair. (lol)

red

Patsy Cline
Patsy_Cline.jpg

Born: 8 September 1932
Birthplace: Winchester, Virginia
Died: 5 March 1963 (airplane crash)             
Best Known As: Country and pop sensation who sang "Crazy"
Name at birth: Virginia Patterson Hensley

here is a good toe tapper tune!

"And when the money, comes in for the work I do
I'll pass almost every penny on to you"

Red

cowz

What band played.....

Pretty maids all in a row

mommacow

The version that i know is from the Eagles.

Here is a simple one, so I am only giving you a small line from this popular song that has been a hit on country and pop charts.

[and she's probably getting frisky.../b]

red

It's a Carrie Underwood song but I can't think of the title!
Brain where are you???
Red